Blitzway - Mask of Zorro - Zorro Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shame about this one. With Hot Toys being 98% Marvel, DC, Star Wars I am always rooting for any company that is pursuing more niche film licenses since I really am good on needing anything further from those 3 franchises. Looks like Blitzway is not going to be it with this kind of quality. Oh well...now I am pinning all of my hopes on Asmus.

I think this came out ok. When you consider the regular Blitzway slight down grade its about what you expect.
The HS turned out quite nice. The neck problem is not a deal breaker. Just pull out the HS and let it slightly dangle. It'll elevate the head and you don't need to shove blue tak inside. The 2nd HS would make a rocking El Mariachi figure if you can find the guitar case and clothes.

Jon Deak
Admin 3 hrs

Hey Guys, some collectors were worried that Blitzways Zorros neck was a bit too short, that?s not the case at all. You just have to tuck in his shirt tightly into his pants. His shirt is like a parachute style fabric and it fluffs up around the neck area. Rest assured his neck portions are correct and the Headsculpt is fully inserted into the neck peg in this photo. This is Just a quick iPhone photo, nothing professional...

99284456_629111457676694_8463894455961780224_o.jpg

Xandro Historillo Hi is the head sculp spot on?
Hide or report this
Reply 3h

Jon Deak Xandro Historillo In Hand yes, in Photos and video it's very hard to get a good shot of the heads. But I have looked at both sculpts carefully and both are Perfect. Paint app, eyes, neck and sculpts are fantastic.
Reply 3h

Neck issue addressed. This is so typical of early photos and reviews, especially when put up by first-timers, setting off alarm bells. Sculpt also looks better. It may well be a little softer than the proto, or the difference might be due to professional photography and studio lighting vs. iPhone pics with room lighting. Production paint rarely matches proto paint masters, and I still think the hair was resculpted.

Big difference. Didn?t Blitzway send the figure to them for review? Blitzway should charge them for all of the cancellations that happened as a result of it. All they had to do was make that adjustment before they did the review...hopefully Blitzway has learned their lesson and send their next new release elsewhere for review...

The one thing that stands out to me (negatively) is that plastic mask. They really should have tried to provide a fabric one as well. i'm sure it would look much better than the thick shiny plastic one.

Big difference. Didn?t Blitzway send the figure to them for review? Blitzway should charge them for all of the cancellations that happened as a result of it. All they had to do was make that adjustment before they did the review...hopefully Blitzway has learned their lesson and send their next new release elsewhere for review...

Hopefully collectors have learned their lesson and stop cancelling items because of ONE poorly made review...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

The one thing that stands out to me (negatively) is that plastic mask. They really should have tried to provide a fabric one as well. i'm sure it would look much better than the thick shiny plastic one.

Agreed. Think I might try making a new fabric one for mine, assuming it's possible to remove the plastic one.

Hopefully collectors have learned their lesson and stop cancelling items because of ONE poorly made review...

Tyler
Ghostbusters
Hannibal

So I would say no , they have not learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judging from the last few days of this thread...they have not.

If Blitzway is dumb enough to send their figure to a poor reviewer such as Deak then they are deserved all of the cancellations. First impressions are very important in this business.

I didn't even watch the video, I'll wait for actual photos. Every screenshot I've seen has that guy's fat toddler hands clogging up half the frame.

If Blitzway is dumb enough to send their figure to a poor reviewer such as Deak then they are deserved all of the cancellations. First impressions are very important in this business.

True.

Now that I know it has a neck I can say not as good as the prototype but as others have pointed out it is consistent with the drops in Proto to Production with all of the Blitzway figures that I own...Carlito, the two Tylers, and the 4 Ghostbusters and those are still 7 of my absolute favorite figures. I think if I were a fan of the movies I would be happy to own this figure.

Back