Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ES would have been 2 to meet the tight deadline of 2026. You're a freakin workhorse man

Another progress photo... got the base together and I'm starting to assemble the top. Only took 13 layers of 3/8 mdf lol. Spackled the part that shows to make it smooth. Gotta notch out the top and fit the mini baseboards, then cut two more pieces for the front. Got the acrylic in for my PAX doors so I'll probably put this on hold for a bit till I get them done. dust sux when it gets on stuff i paint...

image.jpg

thanks man, lol yes it is pretty massive. Its only about 4.5 inches deep but with those 13 layers theres no way its tipping. I made it a little wider than it needed to be, I was thinking of painting his name and etd down the front, we'll see. I got about two inches of space on either side in my PAX, I might have to drop the shelf a notch tho... will be close.

I'll take more pics of the guts when i finish, give u some ideas even if u decide to do it differently.

thanks man, I hope so! Yeah this is one I'll be super glad to have finished. Gettin so close now I can taste it :drool

edit* last shots before final assembly and paint:

image.jpg
image.jpg

Wish I could man, but this is probably gonna be a one off. Its pretty high on the list of my most time consuming projects ever. Putting the mirrors together was a huge pain, I'd have to come up with something way easier but nothing comes to mind... The cabinet so far hasnt been 'easy' but for sure a whole lot less time consuming. But then theres the weight also... it weighs quite a bit.

Wouldnt mind posting an instructional here though, and where to get materials etc if you want.

Im new to board, but besides Batman, and Spiderman, Bruce Lee ranks right there, and I was so close to buying that ETD statue, still may, especially if I could make an awesome backdrop like that!

have you thought about fitting a strip of LED lights along the top? that would look pretty cool at night on display.

Ive got a strip over the shelf for now... I was able to pretty closely color match the wood part of the base, been looking for some brass chinese dragons like the ones on the base that I could tack to the sides but no luck so far- need to find some chinese stores ...in the Texas panhandle lol :slap

yeah something like that, I was looking at this one because its flat but I dont think it'd look right if hung vertically-
image.jpeg

I like the writing idea. I was looking for some kind of chinese letters stencils but cant find any anywhere. I guess the way to do it is transfer paper or somesuch, not sure how to do that. I did find ETD written vertically on a chinese dvd, also bruce lee's chinese name written vertically so that may look pretty cool if I can figure out how to size and transfer it :confused:

He's crazy expensive anywhere I see him. At least $1000. And for as much as I love Bruce, when I see that I think of at least 2 other statues I could get with that money. I always think, man I need to hit the lottery haha.

Back