Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad to hear you learned a lot for building mine!

200w.gif

lol, spirit of Bruce protect me

For those of you who have repainted the cuts, did you remove the existing red paint? Or would any of you know how to remove it? I'm putting together some supplies to repaint the cuts and sweat, and I'm going to be using clear red for the cuts, so would prefer a clean base to paint on as it makes it easier to get the colour right, but will paint over the top if I have to.

I painted on top of the original cuts,and they came out fine.you could try using a non acetone(I've used wife's nail polish remover)liquid with a cotton bud to remove the stock paint....(carefully)

I used Anita's Acrylic - True Red mixed about half with Liquitex high gloss varnish. It covered the former paint pretty well, and where it didnt I just waited 5 or so minutes for the paint to get tacky and applied some more. Only way Id know or try to get rid of the first paint is scratching it away with the tip of a razor/exacto.

I havent even tried runs/sweat yet- been so pleased how just changing the color breathed a whole new life into the piece.

I dont think id try to remove the original paint, could open a can of worms. And besides, Using a lighter tone red over the top will add better depth with the original darker tone underneath.

Thanks guys. Sounds like removing the original paint might be risky, unless I use a razor to scratch it off. Could also paint a flesh tone over the top first.

I want to keep the shade of red dark so it looks more like real blood, and it's easier to mix together the right shade of red first then paint straight on, rather than trying to guess the right colour and seeing what it looks like when painting over the original paint.

Does acrylic wipe off easy if you make a mistake? Thinking of doing a test run on one of the cuts on the back, see what it looks like and if I'm not happy with the colour, wipe it off with a wet rag if possible. Would this work?

Does acrylic wipe off easy if you make a mistake? Thinking of doing a test run on one of the cuts on the back, see what it looks like and if I'm not happy with the colour, wipe it off with a wet rag if possible. Would this work?

Mine didnt want to- left a faint red mark. While I was wiping it I also accidently drug the paper towel over the cuts and caused a couple smears but luckily they looked good lol. i prob shoulda worked from the top down or at least waited for the lower cuts to dry.

xpl0sive,if you don't fancy removing the cuts,just go over them a lighter red the darker and light will give them some depth,any over runs can be smudged or dripped depending on the effect you want.
get them cuts done SAB;)

Damn you all....making me want to attempt a repaint of the cuts!

If you're a bit nervous, you can do what I'm doing and do some practice runs on a cheap action figure. I have a few of them to play with that I've had sitting in a box for years, so I'm going to practice doing cuts and sweat on them until I'm happy with the effect, then do it on Bruce.

xpl0sive,if you don't fancy removing the cuts,just go over them a lighter red the darker and light will give them some depth,any over runs can be smudged or dripped depending on the effect you want.
get them cuts done SAB;)

I have some things in mind. Going to practice on spare action figures first :)

Damn you all....making me want to attempt a repaint of the cuts!

do it!!! I suck. I have shaky hands. This is a project you really have to go out of your way to mess up. The only diffcult part of the whole thing was facing the stupid fear lol

Back