Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
agree best to get a replacement.this and the GOD display great together.

my statue arrived but there is a circular mark. do you think it's worth returning

2lntu94.jpg

my statue arrived but there is a circular mark. do you think it's worth returning

2lntu94.jpg

No. I can barely even see what you're referring to. I returned 3 of these due to issues, the first one having a minor issue. I regret returning it in the first place as the ones I got afterward were worse. The final one is OK but needed a small touch up.

Something like what you have can be easily touched up, possibly with tamiya powder.

agree rub some powder over it to blend in(I did something similar on some of the sweat blobs),and keep it.or like xpl0sive you might get one with bigger issues.

4ih840.jpg

mine has defect under armpit and yellow paint stuck on finger. does anyone else have this. very frustrated as already returned one which had an defect

Almost got my mirrors finished then had a bunch of setbacks. The further along I got, the heavier they got in the middle and wanted to break in half. I ended up getting some epoxy to try to strengthen the bond at the seams. I had some extra left over from another job and decided to goop that on there too... big mistake. Never use old epoxy, it turned into a gooey mess and wouldn't set up. So after a lot of waiting I had to pull and scrape the excess off. Then after all of that they still wanted to break in half. Finally today I picked up some 1/8 metal dowel rod, cut and bent it to the length of the curve then hot glued it across the back for a brace. Did the trick. I've got three more panels to add then FINALLY I can build the setup. Was gonna go all out on it but now that I've got him in a PAX unit I may just stick the mirrors in behind him without doing anything else fancy. Will just be happy when this project is dooooone! Hopefully I can pull off the effect, been doing all this on the fly... no clue how its gonna end up lol.

IMG_9587.JPG
IMG_9585.JPG

Next up, gonna start picking up some painting supplies :yess:

4ih840.jpg

mine has defect under armpit and yellow paint stuck on finger. does anyone else have this. very frustrated as already returned one which had an defect

I don't actually see a defect. That looks the same as every other one I've seen, and I've seen 4 of these. As for the yellow paint on finger, you'll need to post up a pic. From memory, mine had some orange-yellow type paint I'm certain areas. One of them had it on the hand, another statue had it in the body. Unless it's really bad, don't even worry about it as you'll likely get another one with other issues. Just enjoy the statue mate. You seem incredibly picky...and I thought I was bad, lol.

Almost got my mirrors finished then had a bunch of setbacks. The further along I got, the heavier they got in the middle and wanted to break in half. I ended up getting some epoxy to try to strengthen the bond at the seams. I had some extra left over from another job and decided to goop that on there too... big mistake. Never use old epoxy, it turned into a gooey mess and wouldn't set up. So after a lot of waiting I had to pull and scrape the excess off. Then after all of that they still wanted to break in half. Finally today I picked up some 1/8 metal dowel rod, cut and bent it to the length of the curve then hot glued it across the back for a brace. Did the trick. I've got three more panels to add then FINALLY I can build the setup. Was gonna go all out on it but now that I've got him in a PAX unit I may just stick the mirrors in behind him without doing anything else fancy. Will just be happy when this project is dooooone! Hopefully I can pull off the effect, been doing all this on the fly... no clue how its gonna end up lol.

View attachment 241744
View attachment 241745

Next up, gonna start picking up some painting supplies :yess:

Looking good so far mate. That's pretty much the same idea I had, in regards to placement of the mirrors. Just couldn't be bothered doing it in the end Lol. Can't wait to see the finished product, should look great!

thanks man. yeah I'm a little further along, I've got about 10 panels together. We just had a major temp drop over the last couple days so now I'm having superglue issues again :gah: I want to be done lol

starting to wish I had just used hot glue and a bunch of dowel braces

4ih840.jpg

that's just a lack of a proper paint finish I would think,not so much a defect but maybe not the quality finish from blitzway.no issues with the yellow paint on mine.

here's mine in its full glory, best statue ever!

10xv5vp.jpg

Do you have another pic closer to the feet near the base?

I still have mine in storage because the peg does not go through all the way and the feet aren't flush with the base.

I'm afraid to leave all the pressure on the one foot. Another collector mentioned earlier in the thread for me to get a hand drill to deepen the hole. I'm still in the process of finding a drill bit that's the right size.

Do you have another pic closer to the feet near the base?

I still have mine in storage because the peg does not go through all the way and the feet aren't flush with the base.

I'm afraid to leave all the pressure on the one foot. Another collector mentioned earlier in the thread for me to get a hand drill to deepen the hole. I'm still in the process of finding a drill bit that's the right size.

Try twisting him around once you've got it in the hole. 2 of the ones I had didn't sit flush with the base, had to rotate them a bit. They took a bit of effort to get them in all the way.

mine has the ying/yang holes to the side of bruce(left and right)yours appear to be front and back.try turning bruce so that he's at the sides of the holes.

gettin excited! Just glued the last panel on today, I think the effect should look pretty sweet. Now I just got to build something to mount it on and get that sucker painted. Im trying to color match the base, its proving a little tricky. I also ordered some acrylic high gloss varnish and picked up some cherry red acrylic for the cuts. Cant wait to get this party started :yess:

image.jpg
image.jpg

thanks man :hi5:

this has been taking me f o r e v e r ! The latest aggrivation has been all the cold weather and the glue not setting up. 3 and 4 day setting times for each panel has been no bueno :gah: I've just been winging the whole thing from an idea i had back when preorders went up. I need to build a 5" thick base and a top for it next and then just figure out some way to attach it. I've got some ideas floating around...

Back