Blitzway - Elvis Presley - The King Of Rock 'N' Roll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the Enterbay Comeback Special Elvis and gave it to my uncle as he loves Elvis so much, I thought the sculpt was pretty good, having it a numbered release was a nice touch too.

49599398262_800d4a1d1a_c.jpg

Drugs, food, and God knows what else. But we're really talking about '74 onwards is what people are thinking of when they think of "fat druggy Elvis". People seem to think as soon as left the stage of the 68 special he gained 60 pounds and went down hill immediately. He still looked great up until the last 3 or 4 years.I dig later Elvis just fine but its the Sun recordings that really get me off. A very short period of time granted but that stuff is my favorite. I'd love a young Elvis. Im also looking forward to this too.

What I REALLY want is Johnny Cash.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Exactly. Elvis still looked great for Hawaii imo. In the next couple years he would suffer from an ill-advised and way too early botched partial facelift, weight gain from obvious excess food indulgence and the dreaded alcohol and drug bloat. Still, he's a musical legend and much like Marilyn Monroe, most people (myself included) love the guy. I'm sure Blitzway will do him justice like they did Marilyn and Jimi

I had the Enterbay Comeback Special Elvis and gave it to my uncle as he loves Elvis so much, I thought the sculpt was pretty good, having it a numbered release was a nice touch too.

A killer figure, indeed. Though I would really love for these companies that make guitarist to pay attention to their chord hand and actually make a useful "guitar hands".
Exactly. Elvis still looked great for Hawaii imo. In the next couple years he would suffer from an ill-advised and way too early botched partial facelift, weight gain from obvious excess food indulgence and the dreaded alcohol and drug bloat. Still, he's a musical legend and much like Marilyn Monroe, most people (myself included) love the guy. I'm sure Blitzway will do him justice like they did Marilyn and Jimi
I really hope they keep this up. Lots of musicians Id love. Number one for me would be the Beatles. Those would be my grail figures if I have any. Them with all their instruments would be a hefty sum but they could just go the Pepper route. They only have to include the 4 Beatles with the brass and woodwind instruments their holding on the cover.. It would be another 4 pack like Ghostbusters. That would be doable.

A killer figure, indeed. Though I would really love for these companies that make guitarist to pay attention to their chord hand and actually make a useful "guitar hands".
I really hope they keep this up. Lots of musicians Id love. Number one for me would be the Beatles. Those would be my grail figures if I have any. Them with all their instruments would be a hefty sum but they could just go the Pepper route. They only have to include the 4 Beatles with the brass and woodwind instruments their holding on the cover.. It would be another 4 pack like Ghostbusters. That would be doable.

The Beatles would be a genius move but would skyrocket in value like the Ghostbusters as they'd eventually be so hard to come by. If Blitzway ever does that, grab them quick as we've learned by the other set of four Ghostbusters -- gone from the market and then each figure is $500 plus on the after market (and growing)...

So basically that rules out critical and popular hits like Suspicious Minds, In the Ghetto, Kentucky Rain and many more?

What about songs like Dominick the impotent bull? (Not making that up.) That was pre-comeback :)

Elvis had a quality control issue: he recorded great songs and ****e ones during every era. The only period in his life when he recorded consistently good (great, actually) material was his time at Sun.

I'm not saying everything pre-comeback was gold nor am I saying I like everything pre-comeback and hate everything post-comeback. But I can barely stand the majority of his music post-comeback. His Sun stuff is great. I'm by no means and Elvis expert, I just like what I like :) We all have our preferences :hi5:

Drugs, food, and God knows what else. But we're really talking about '74 onwards is what people are thinking of when they think of "fat druggy Elvis". People seem to think as soon as he left the stage of the 68 special he gained 60 pounds and went down hill immediately. He still looked great up until the last 3 or 4 years.

I dig later Elvis just fine but its the Sun recordings that really get me off. A very short period of time granted but that stuff is my favorite. I'd love a young Elvis. Im also looking forward to this too.

What I REALLY want is Johnny Cash.

True-- I'm honestly too young too know first hand the transition to fat Elvis beyond documentaries. I just know that when my dad and I were riding around the truck when I was a kid, he'd play the early stuff and that's what I like. When I hear Elvis that doesn't sound similar to that, I just don't like it and can't vibe with it. I have nothing against anyone who likes the version of Elvis that Blitzway is doing. I think more Elvis in general is good b/c maybe it will be possible for me to get something from his time that I connect with.

Johnny Cash would be awesome as well!

It's such a beautiful figure even though I dislike the Enterbay body, the hands were difficult to swap and the fake leather would stain the body to no end. It still looked awesome on the shelf. I had to sadly sell mine last year when I lost my job. I really hope another company makes a good 1/6 young Elvis again b/c this one is just so expensive now.

I'm not saying everything pre-comeback was gold nor am I saying I like everything pre-comeback and hate everything post-comeback. But I can barely stand the majority of his music post-comeback. His Sun stuff is great. I'm by no means and Elvis expert, I just like what I like :) We all have our preferences :hi5:

True-- I'm honestly too young too know first hand the transition to fat Elvis beyond documentaries. I just know that when my dad and I were riding around the truck when I was a kid, he'd play the early stuff and that's what I like. When I hear Elvis that doesn't sound similar to that, I just don't like it and can't vibe with it. I have nothing against anyone who likes the version of Elvis that Blitzway is doing. I think more Elvis in general is good b/c maybe it will be possible for me to get something from his time that I connect with.

Johnny Cash would be awesome as well!

It's such a beautiful figure even though I dislike the Enterbay body, the hands were difficult to swap and the fake leather would stain the body to no end. It still looked awesome on the shelf. I had to sadly sell mine last year when I lost my job. I really hope another company makes a good 1/6 young Elvis again b/c this one is just so expensive now.

in the photo you can see the jacket already cracked around the arm so a bigger issue you missed.

The jumpsuit is nearly perfect. Face is wrong. Does Blitzway do any tweaking before beginning production? I was really looking forward to this :dunno

See what happens when KA Kim doesn't do the sculpt?

But she supervised it, so its her responsibility to make sure it looks good. She would have had the final say.
This is not even a good impersonator :lol
Beautiful jumpsuit though.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the sculpt without Rainman's paintwork, I'm not a fan of his paint, it always seems so flat.

The head looks awful.

I was anticipating this so much. I was going to get one for myself and my grandmother who used to go see Elvis in concert and adores him but this isn't a great display piece because I feel like it doesn't even look like him.

I really wish I had gotten the Enterbay one when it released.

First thing I notice is how much the face doesn't look like him... at all. Needs serious tweaking. Second, he's a boy, not a girl. They've made him concave in the crotch. Look at the Sideshow latest Superman Comic PF without trunks. They made him a boy. No more making men effeminate unless of course they want to be. Elvis here needs a serious dose of testosterone, ruggedness and resculpting. Blitzway's dropped the ball for the first time. That old Enterbay Elvis blows this out of the water (Except don't buy it because the suit flakes off into a million pieces). Blitzway needs to fix this, man him up and make him accurate, it's not good I'm sorry to say. Jumpsuit is done very well though. Fix everything else please

Back