Blitzway - Elvis Presley - The King Of Rock 'N' Roll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I guess rainman is involved with this. He posted that picture on instagram. Someone asked him if it was a figure or statue and he replied it was a secret.

So I guess rainman is involved with this. He posted that picture on instagram. Someone asked him if it was a figure or statue and he replied it was a secret.

That makes no sense. Why call it a secret? We'll know eventually, so why not just call it what it is and be done with it? :dunno

Because he signed a NDA?

QXFOcpr.gif

I remember the McFarlane ones a while ago. This one was my fave, and I still have it in the package!

View attachment 490732

I think BzW should have made that version first. The jumpsuit is more elaborate which should make it a great looking piece, but, personally, I always associate it with his decline and downfall into caricature teritory.

I think BzW should have made that version first. The jumpsuit is more elaborate which should make it a great looking piece, but, personally, I always associate it with his decline and downfall into caricature teritory.

No way, face it, the guy was classically handsome until he went and did that partial Facelift the year before he died. Elvis still looked great for the Hawaii show although I like the '68 comeback special best. He's a classic either way and much like the Marilyn Blitzway piece, it'll be an awesome 1/4 statue or 1/6 figure to own. This was still Elvis looking great but he would be ravaged within the next few years after sadly. I just hope they don't give us some weird screaming out loud open mouth pose

Maybe they'll do a 1/4 and 1/6 of the same sculpt. That would be great

No way, face it, the guy was classically handsome until he went and did that partial Facelift the year before he died. Elvis still looked great for the Hawaii show although I like the '68 comeback special best. He's a classic either way and much like the Marilyn Blitzway piece, it'll be an awesome 1/4 statue or 1/6 figure to own. This was still Elvis looking great but he would be ravaged within the next few years after sadly. I just hope they don't give us some weird screaming out loud open mouth pose

Seeing Hendrix's expression, I'd reckon that Elvis's sculpt would look like this.

2f168d4195de21db0469cbbe95f614a3.jpg

Well, here's hoping he looks great at the reveal. If you're going to buy a statue, it might as well be Blitzway because they sure know how to do them great. I hope they nail this although I would've preferred open eyes

i don't know much about Elvis in his prime but after googling it boy did he really not age well at 40? looks like some cosplayer trying to look like Elvis.

Same. And to add to that I don't really like any of his music past the '68 Comeback Special. Young Elvis is what my dad introduced me to when I was young, so that's what I gravitate towards.

Same. And to add to that I don't really like any of his music past the '68 Comeback Special. Young Elvis is what my dad introduced me to when I was young, so that's what I gravitate towards.

So basically that rules out critical and popular hits like Suspicious Minds, In the Ghetto, Kentucky Rain and many more?

What about songs like Dominick the impotent bull? (Not making that up.) That was pre-comeback :)

Elvis had a quality control issue: he recorded great songs and ****e ones during every era. The only period in his life when he recorded consistently good (great, actually) material was his time at Sun.

i don't know much about Elvis in his prime but after googling it boy did he really not age well at 40? looks like some cosplayer trying to look like Elvis.

Drugs, food, and God knows what else. But we're really talking about '74 onwards is what people are thinking of when they think of "fat druggy Elvis". People seem to think as soon as he left the stage of the 68 special he gained 60 pounds and went down hill immediately. He still looked great up until the last 3 or 4 years.
I dig later Elvis just fine but its the Sun recordings that really get me off. A very short period of time granted but that stuff is my favorite. I'd love a young Elvis. Im also looking forward to this too.

What I REALLY want is Johnny Cash.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back