Blitzway - Cutthroat Island: Morgan Adams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently this has been cancelled according to several reports.

This was posted on OSR:

66789658_10156559996637861_2444379936715177984_n.jpg

Shocking that an unknown character from a crappy 90's movie that bombed didn't sell. :rolleyes2

Now make a Ryan Gosling Drive figure, Beetlejuice or Rambo, please.

I don't get the vitriol in this thread, a company decides to make a figure from something extremely niche, and people get pissed off the company doesn't bend to their will and make something else instead. A Morgan Adams figure isn't taking anything away, if they're going to make figures from crappy movies, musicians, and TV shows you like, they'd make them if they're interested, but they're not and tried to sell this instead. Talk about entitlement.

It sucks this isn't going to be made, I was waiting to see what it looks like in hand before buying, the movie wasn't the most popular but the figure looked amazing.

I don't get the vitriol in this thread, a company decides to make a figure from something extremely niche, and people get pissed off the company doesn't bend to their will and make something else instead. A Morgan Adams figure isn't taking anything away, if they're going to make figures from crappy movies, musicians, and TV shows you like, they'd make them if they're interested, but they're not and tried to sell this instead. Talk about entitlement.

It sucks this isn't going to be made, I was waiting to see what it looks like in hand before buying, the movie wasn't the most popular but the figure looked amazing.

As you said, the problem is it's extremely niche. Like how many times in the last decade was the movie talked about by anyone on the entire planet? I don't begrudge them for trying but I will now that they cancelled it. Total waste of time for everyone involved. I'm figuring they don't have the license for anything they showed last year and this was the only thing they could actually get. Imagine putting 1 figures up for preorder over 12 months and then not even producing it.

It's not entitlement as I'm not really dying for any of the figures they've shown. I think we're all just discussing how baffling the choice was and then Blitzway is somehow surprised when they don't get enough orders and have to cancel production.

Yeah it was a baffling choice, but I think Blitzway probably assumed collectors would be interested in it more as a fun novelty figure, or because of the great looking pirate outfit. And less because they have any love or attachment to the movie itself. Since I have no doubt they did the research beforehand and saw that this wasn't exactly a beloved hit movie. Lol

And I do appreciate that they're trying for some different kind of licenses beyond just scifi and superheroes. There's already a million companies producing those kind of figures so it's nice to see something a bit different, even if so far Ghostbusters and Zorro are the only ones they've done that have interested me at all.

If BW wanted to make a pirate, they should have made Jack Sparrow from the FIRST Pirates of the Caribbean. No one has made that figure. We never got a figure from the best film in the franchise. :slap

I'd love a Beetlejuice from BW. Hell, even a Stallone Cobra figure would probably sell well, if they can't make his other more famous characters.

If BW wanted to make a pirate, they should have made Jack Sparrow from the FIRST Pirates of the Caribbean. No one has made that figure. We never got figure from the best film in the franchise. :slap

I'd love a Beetlejuice from BW. Hell, even a Stallone Cobra figure would probably sell well, if they can't make his other more famous characters.

I'd love them to do Beetlejuice after sideshows fail granted with mods new sculpt but should we have to do that for a figure that's already pricey!

If BW wanted to make a pirate, they should have made Jack Sparrow from the FIRST Pirates of the Caribbean. No one has made that figure. We never got a figure from the best film in the franchise. :slap

Damn! The first Pirate... was the best?

Glad I stopped at that one. I already thought it was bad enough, so I can’t imagine the sequels!

Damn! The first Pirate... was the best?

Glad I stopped at that one. I already thought it was bad enough, so I can’t imagine the sequels!

:lol

Yeah, it's by far the best. The second one isn't bad, cool characters, villains and sequences, but the first one is the best. Pirates 4 and 5 are atrocious, yet those got a HT figure.

There's always a market for things, it's just a matter of how big the market is. The size of the market defines how worthwhile it is to Blitzway, but not to collectors. That is, if Blitzway sells a figure at a loss, it's still worthwhile for the collectors who want that figure. That's why there's a huge unlicensed/custom figure market. Someone could dismiss Bill and Ted figures as a waste of Blitzway's time, but it's not wasteful for you. The same goes for Dewey Finn. Wasteful to you, but not to someone else and good for that someone else if they get a figure they never expected to get.

I, for one, did order Morgan Adams, twice--the second time after my first order was cancelled about a month ago. In retrospect, I should have taken that as an early indication that Blitzway wasn't producing it. I was looking forward to displaying Morgan Adams with Jack Sparrow and Edward Kenway. Sure, Cutthroat Island is a forgettable action movie (with some admittedly awesome set pieces), but sometimes I don't buy figures based solely on whether I like the source material, but rather whether I like the character or the figure itself as a piece of art. For example, there were probably a lot of buyers of Hot Toys' new Hellboy figure who didn't like the movie, but like the character enough to buy the figure.

Anyway, I think it's great that Blitzway and other companies like QMx are suggesting offbeat licenses. They may be a little too offbeat to make it to production in some circumstances, but let's not begrudge Blitzway for trying. Diversity is good. The next license Blitzway passes on or figure they cancel might be one you wanted.

I don't think many are necessarily arguing against diversity when it comes to this particular hobby.
Many collectors actual welcome that, but this was clearly to niche as apparently a critical mass of collectors
and 1/6 hobbyist clearly were not feeling this particular release. In the case of Blitzway a bit more license and
character discernment may be in order as every release truly counts, especially if they're not putting out volumes
of product like other competitors.

Now that is a ****ing movie

The figure is still on their website. And just remeber they did a Carlito's way. Now, I'm not saying Carlito's way was a Cutthroat Island, but it wasn't no Endgame either. It is still an amazing figure, both of them are. Still hoping they will release Geena

Is there any way to get this figure anymore? When i was a little kid this was one of the few pirate movies I saw, maybe the only one we had

a few prototypes may exist?

maybe in Howard Chan's personal vault @Hot toys Secret Base. :lol

a shame it was cancelled - I also had this PO'd and was hoping for some Geena Davis representation (even though the film was subpar).
I actually didn’t mind this movie; simple Saturday afternoon fun, much like the old pirate movies from the 40s-50s. I wanted this figure as well.

Back