Blitzway - Cutthroat Island: Morgan Adams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm all for obscure figures, but I hope Blitzway did their research 'cause this figure isn't cheap.

No, I preordered as soon as it went up at BBTS.

I just want the head for a A League of Their Own custom. It's far cheaper than a commission.

Cool idea, that was a fun movie. I'd like to see that custom you are putting together. Tom Hanks and Madonna would be great too.

Yeah I figured as much lol

Nope. You’re not alone. I POd one. I like it. The movie was okay, for a popcorn film. Certainly no worse than half the Pirates of the Caribbean films. If you like the old fashioned pirate films like Errol Flynn or Tyrone Power it’s fine.

Was just reading biggest cinema failures probably will be Blitzways too :rotfl

Film
Budget: US$110 million.
Box office: US$11 million.

I really don't get the logic of this should of done beetlejuice or something.
In saying that I really want the School of rock figure :rotfl

Well honestly these are likely cheap licenses , and BW may be doing them just to show what they can do.

It may be easier for them to negotiate the bigger license if they have some more products to show.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That may very well be the case. I just hope Blitzway has deep pockets because recouping the money on some of these licenses may prove to be a chore.

Cheap license or not, i don't think it's worth their time and energy to devote to a guaranteed shelf warmer. I doubt it's even worth parting out, as little of it can be utilised elsewhere.

a94d04e80d5503924f86554eec89b149.png

So weird. It’s like blitzway wants to lose money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is no one talking about this? It's an amazing figure with a really good HS and with so many crazy possibilities. Pair her up with Jack Sparrow, for an amazing pirate battle (or romance, if that is your thing). Let her fight Hannibal Lector or Iron Man. Look at everything she comes with, her costume ... It is effing crazy. And you could make a Louise figure. Or she could be pals with the Mandarin and battle Spider-Man.
I love this figure. I don't love the movie. But I don't hate it either. It was crazy. Renny Harlin is not my favourite director (I did like Long Kiss Goodnight), but you could make a Sam Caine and Mitch Hennessey (If you have Nick Fury) figure.
But I do think that Blitzway did an amazing job on this figure and that fact that nobody cares makes me heart bleed.

If pretty much nobody cares about the film, and pretty much nobody cares about the character, then it really shouldn't come as any surprise that pretty much nobody cares about the expensive figure based on it either, no matter how detailed or well realized it may be.

When you have to come up with excuses to justify buying something, like pairing it with other characters that it technically has nothing to do with, that's rarely a strong selling point. These types of collectibles usually sell based on the connection that people feel with the character and/or franchise, and as a personal representation of something that they love and/or enjoy. And on those grounds something like this was always going to be on the back foot, which is why it surprised so many to see it made at all.

A very nice figure that pretty much nobody was asking for is still a figure that pretty much nobody was asking for. And both general interest and sales of it, I suspect, will very much reflect that.

If pretty much nobody cares about the film, and pretty much nobody cares about the character, then it really shouldn't come as any surprise that pretty much nobody cares about the expensive figure based on it either, no matter how detailed or well realized it may be.

When you have to come up with excuses to justify buying something, like pairing it with other characters that it technically has nothing to do with, that's rarely a strong selling point. These types of collectibles usually sell based on the connection that people feel with the character and/or franchise, and as a personal representation of something that they love and/or enjoy. And on those grounds something like this was always going to be on the back foot, which is why it surprised so many to see it made at all.

A very nice figure that pretty much nobody was asking for is still a figure that pretty much nobody was asking for. And both general interest and sales of it, I suspect, will very much reflect that.

Yeah, I know. I was just trying to drum up some love for it. I have no idea how big this is in Asia, so ... maybe ... I sorta like this film and to me, it's more about how much fun I can have with a figure. But the HS has to be really good and I do need some kind of relation to the figure. So, I guess you are right. It is an odd choice, I just assumed that Blitzway had done some research before throwing money after it. Bill and Ted I kinda get, its not for me, School of Rock - not for me, but it is Jack Black, Zorro is a no brainer, but this is very odd. Still, an amazing HS and a really cool figure

Oh it is undoubtedly a nice figure, and I wouldn't begrudge anyone buying it if it turns out as good as it looks, I'm just not surprised by the overall lack of support for something like this in a crowded and competitive marketplace, particularly given the price point these sell at means that most people have to prioritize their wants and what they actually buy. And as much as I always welcome seeing more variety and niche choices being made, I can't help but wonder about the wisdom of this particular one, that's all.

We'll see, I guess. :)

Figure looks fantastic.

Gina Davis was hot as hell back then. I just hate Pirates and I can't stand this movie.

So, I'm interested in Davis, just not this character. I'd take her from Thelma and Louise. The Fly. League of their Own. Beetlejuice.

Maybe if someone recasts the heads, I'd throw her on a phicen body. Find some clothes to make one of those characters.

Oh it is undoubtedly a nice figure, and I wouldn't begrudge anyone buying it if it turns out as good as it looks, I'm just not surprised by the overall lack of support for something like this in a crowded and competitive marketplace, particularly given the price point these sell at means that most people have to prioritize their wants and what they actually buy. And as much as I always welcome seeing more variety and niche choices being made, I can't help but wonder about the wisdom of this particular one, that's all.

We'll see, I guess. :)

I don't think wisdom as a term can be used with this figure. But then Alita bombed and Hot Toys are doing that. I am happy that BW dares. I just hope this figure wont sink them too

Figure looks fantastic.

Gina Davis was hot as hell back then. I just hate Pirates and I can't stand this movie.

So, I'm interested in Davis, just not this character. I'd take her from Thelma and Louise. The Fly. League of their Own. Beetlejuice.

Maybe if someone recasts the heads, I'd throw her on a phicen body. Find some clothes to make one of those characters.

I honestly thought maybe one added reason they put this to order was that there's no other Geena Davis headsculpts out there and this looks like a great one

I don't think wisdom as a term can be used with this figure. But then Alita bombed and Hot Toys are doing that. I am happy that BW dares. I just hope this figure wont sink them too

Alita was announced before the even launched in the US if I remember. So box office had nothing to do with it. Sometimes these licenses are requested or wanted by the studio no matter what. But either way this movie is an outlier.

Back