Blitzway - Cutthroat Island: Morgan Adams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alita was announced before the even launched in the US if I remember. So box office had nothing to do with it. Sometimes these licenses are requested or wanted by the studio no matter what. But either way this movie is an outlier.[/QUOTE]

I know, they take chances, and it's a robot woman-thingy, and people tend to like that, but Hot Toys often cancel (Lone Ranger, Linda and Valentine). Blitzway seems determined to bring us this and I just want to applaud them for that.

Sorry, Valerian, I used the Danish names, Valerian it is called in English. My bad.

Which is a shame they cancelled those. I might be one of the few people who enjoyed it. I had no knowledge of the source material, so I just viewed it as a goofy fun sci fi....kinda like the Stallone Dredd and Demolition Man

Which is a shame they cancelled those. I might be one of the few people who enjoyed it. I had no knowledge of the source material, so I just viewed it as a goofy fun sci fi....kinda like the Stallone Dredd and Demolition Man

I enjoyed it too, as I did with Cutthroat Island. But I'm not interested in figures from Valerian though.
Morgan from Cutthroat Island on the other hand, can be seen as a sexy Pirate on the shelf, rethought of as representing Anne Bonny or Mary Read for example.
People blow just as much money on figures from crappy comic based figures from Phicen so, why is there a double standard for Morgan Adams? I don't often read people complaining about Phicen releasing a Painkiller Jane or Bloodshot when "so many other characters deserve to be made instead".

I'd get this if I didn't have a ton of other figures I'm drooling over trying to scrounge up enough to just get a couple from that list.

Apparently this has been cancelled according to several reports.

This was posted on OSR:

66789658_10156559996637861_2444379936715177984_n.jpg

I'd bet that this recieved less than 250 preorders in the US. What percentage of people collect 1/6 and like this movie? It can't be a large intersection point. This doesn't surprise me one bit.

And to the comment above regarding why this should have a chance while phicen things sell; this is a comparatively conservative design for one, and for two this is a complex (I.e. expensive to produce) outfit. It's not some naked chick with pasties on. Those phicen lines are always the same figure: an obscure, relatively cheap license of women in (typically) easy to produce seductive clothing, one of their 10 stock heads with new hair, and often packed with a display base ten times more impressive than the actual figure. This costs Blitzway much more than what it costs phicen to produce a single figure, and it doesn't have the (forgive me for saying this) "sex appeal" that phicen capitalizes on.

Hope this doesn't hurt Blitzway in the long run, it can't be cheap to make a prototype like that, plus the license cost.

I'm always looking forward to what they make next, they just need some help choosing niche licenses that will sell.

Blitzway's Comic Con Presence last year was a huge waste in my opinion. I feel like the last several years they had epic releases that got me excited for what they were doing. We had Fight Club, Ghostbusters, Hannibal... They were producing great characters, and then last year we get this and School of Rock.

I am hoping they will produce Bill and Ted and maybe were just waiting to have both figures revealed before putting up for order. The reveal of Jimi Hendrix was also a step in the right direction for them.

I was one of the few I guess who was actually looking forward to this. The movie may not have been all that, but it was a great looking figure, and frankly I’m tired of the same stuff from these companies repeated over and over.

Hope this doesn't hurt Blitzway in the long run, it can't be cheap to make a prototype like that, plus the license cost.

I'm always looking forward to what they make next, they just need some help choosing niche licenses that will sell.

It was just the choice and that's their fault, no one else's. If you had people list movies to make figures from this probably wouldn't be in the top 250.

Blitzway's Comic Con Presence last year was a huge waste in my opinion. I feel like the last several years they had epic releases that got me excited for what they were doing. We had Fight Club, Ghostbusters, Hannibal... They were producing great characters, and then last year we get this and School of Rock.

I am hoping they will produce Bill and Ted and maybe were just waiting to have both figures revealed before putting up for order. The reveal of Jimi Hendrix was also a step in the right direction for them.

I couldn't agree anymore with you Jon! Only thing caught my eye was Jack Black which I would of got due to being a music fan of tenacious D.
Bill and Ted I think they might be waiting for the new film to capitalise on new fans + extra profit.

As for Hendrix I think if this is priced and comes with a good amount it could be a good seller. :lecture

Whelp. There goes my A League of Their Own custom.

I figured people were either buying this for some sort of companion piece to Jack Sparrow or something or for Geena Davis customs because it's a good sculpt. They should just sell that on it's own.

Blitzway needs to stick to 'big' cult movies not these sub-par movies they have revealed at last year's SDCC (WTF: School of Rock and Zorro...lol even Bill and Ted is a damn waste of F'n time and resources they just don't have...)

If they release Hendrix I am in.

There's always a market for things, it's just a matter of how big the market is. The size of the market defines how worthwhile it is to Blitzway, but not to collectors. That is, if Blitzway sells a figure at a loss, it's still worthwhile for the collectors who want that figure. That's why there's a huge unlicensed/custom figure market. Someone could dismiss Bill and Ted figures as a waste of Blitzway's time, but it's not wasteful for you. The same goes for Dewey Finn. Wasteful to you, but not to someone else and good for that someone else if they get a figure they never expected to get.

I, for one, did order Morgan Adams, twice--the second time after my first order was cancelled about a month ago. In retrospect, I should have taken that as an early indication that Blitzway wasn't producing it. I was looking forward to displaying Morgan Adams with Jack Sparrow and Edward Kenway. Sure, Cutthroat Island is a forgettable action movie (with some admittedly awesome set pieces), but sometimes I don't buy figures based solely on whether I like the source material, but rather whether I like the character or the figure itself as a piece of art. For example, there were probably a lot of buyers of Hot Toys' new Hellboy figure who didn't like the movie, but like the character enough to buy the figure.

I found Zorro to be the most interesting announcement from Blitzway last year, but it'll probably disappear into the ether and never even make it to pre-order. The Mask of Zorro was received better than Cutthroat Island and there's a long and grand history to Zorro, so it should have a better chance, but I have little hope at this point.

Anyway, I think it's great that Blitzway and other companies like QMx are suggesting offbeat licenses. They may be a little too offbeat to make it to production in some circumstances, but let's not begrudge Blitzway for trying. Diversity is good. The next license Blitzway passes on or figure they cancel might be one you wanted.

Back