Statue Blitzway- Bruce Lee 40th Anniversary Tribute Statue (1/3 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's hard to describe steve.more realistic in tone rather than too much on the 1008.it looks more natural than the 1008.more bruce than painted bruce.
it's a hard one just to come up with an easy explaination..call it my preference

it's hard to describe steve.more realistic in tone rather than too much on the 1008.it looks more natural than the 1008.more bruce than painted bruce.
it's a hard one just to come up with an easy explaination..call it my preference

I kind of know what u mean, the 1008 is painted too colorful, whereas the color is more toned down on the sculpt of this statue.

Oh I definitely got it engraved, checked repeatedly to ensure the engraving would get done ....then upon arrival looked at it once before packing it away in the box :)

Hmm ok they told me the reason my plate was not gold because I didn't get it engraved. It's so ironic, I didn't get it engraved because I was worried about the re-sale vale and now that I have bronze plate for not getting engraved, which is worth less than an engraved gold one. :slap

I received the missing name plate sent to me, however this time it's gold. Anyone else get a gold plate with their standard version statue?

so it appears PO+engraving=gold plaque,and PO with no engraving=bronze plaque.not good for those who PO thinking the gold plaque was a bonus for PO this
the engraving was optional and everyone should have had a gold plaque for their PO.a bit misleading from blitzway.

so it appears PO+engraving=gold plaque,and PO with no engraving=bronze plaque.not good for those who PO thinking the gold plaque was a bonus for PO this
the engraving was optional and everyone should have had a gold plaque for their PO.a bit misleading from blitzway.

:exactly:

But I think it was only the store I bought it from that ordered in only gold plated versions if they were engraved only, since my friend bought one from the store in the US and it was gold, despite not preordering it. So in this case the store is to blame and not blitzway.

Last edited:
maybe steve.but i still think you should have got a gold one as blitzway packed the statues in the first place and it didn't say ''no engraving,no gold plaque''.i wonder how many preorders who opted out of engraving got a bronze one,bit of a bummer that.
i still think the bronze looks better,but as you were expecting the gold one,you feel a bit cheated/let down?

maybe steve.but i still think you should have got a gold one as blitzway packed the statues in the first place and it didn't say ''no engraving,no gold plaque''.i wonder how many preorders who opted out of engraving got a bronze one,bit of a bummer that.
i still think the bronze looks better,but as you were expecting the gold one,you feel a bit cheated/let down?

Yeah I should of but I still think it was the stores fault since they said we were not getting any statues in with gold plates unless they are engraved. So it was their decision not to order in any in any gold plated statues for preorders unless they were engraved. So I am guessing they had two orders for this statue ones that were engraved and ones that were outside the preorder date when they decide to order in the statues.

still sucks either way. you didn't want engraving but ended up with the standard plaque,dont know why any store would give a ''gold plaque only'' if engraved.
but look at it this way..bronze compliments the base much better,and the gold engraved plaques may devalue this in future..

still sucks either way. you didn't want engraving but ended up with the standard plaque,dont know why any store would give a ''gold plaque only'' if engraved.

Yeah neither do I, they are just idiots.

but look at it this way..bronze compliments the base much better,and the gold engraved plaques may devalue this in future..

I agree it does look better but not that much better and thus, I think the gold plated one will probably be the most valuable one still, since it was only meant to be available for the first people that preordered, and hence it is rarer. That being said, I think the majority of people would not be interested in the statue with gold version base that was limited 100 because the regular looks so much better IMO.

Yeah neither do I, they are just idiots.
I agree it does look better but not that much better and thus, I think the gold plated one will probably be the most valuable one still, since it was only meant to be available for the first people that preordered, and hence it is rarer. That being said, I think the majority of people would not be interested in the statue with gold version base that was limited 100 because the regular looks so much better IMO.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
If it was a cool exclusive part or a switch out accessory that would be one thing, but the plaque looks best sealed away in the foam box, not getting in the way of the gorgeous pagoda base.

I doubt it would add $1 in collectible value either way... (and yes the engraved ones will probably be worth less unless the buyer has the same name lulz )

maybe because it DID appear that if you PO this from bltzway that a gold plaque would be sent (with or without engraving)it was an option. that's the issue steve has(cant blame him really).maybe the store or blitzway have ''spares''.give them a ring.....you never know.my plaque is displayed under/in front of the base and looks really good.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
If it was a cool exclusive part or a switch out accessory that would be one thing, but the plaque looks best sealed away in the foam box, not getting in the way of the gorgeous pagoda base.

Yeah that is where I kept mine for a while, which why it took me so long to realize I got the wrong one :slap

I doubt it would add $1 in collectible value either way... (and yes the engraved ones will probably be worth less unless the buyer has the same name lulz )

Yeah but maybe the non engraved gold ones will be worth more. Nevertheless, regardless what is worth more I just feel cheated is all.:mad:

maybe because it DID appear that if you PO this from bltzway that a gold plaque would be sent (with or without engraving)it was an option. that's the issue steve has(cant blame him really).maybe the store or blitzway have ''spares''.give them a ring.....you never know.my plaque is displayed under/in front of the base and looks really good.

Unfortunately Chris they told me they had no spares and it sounded like they were giving me the brush off, so unless I contact Blitzway I doubt that store will contact Blitzway to get spare ones in. All good though I am over this now.

anymore pics guys of your final Bruce displays? would love to be reminded of how epic this piece finally looks :) especially you Chris...anymore pics? :)

Yo andy.I'm sorting the living room out (change around) wifey's idea of course!! once I sort it i'll take some pics (low quality of course).
give blitzway an email steve,explain the fact you PO bruce and were under the impression a gold plaque came with PO.etc.YOU NEVER KNOW BUDDY.

Back