Statue Blitzway- Bruce Lee 40th Anniversary Tribute Statue (1/3 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Bruce Lee 40th Anniversary Tribute Statue
Product Type : Infinite Scale Statue_ Hybrid Type (1/3 Scale)

License : Bruce Lee Enterprises LLC.
Product No. : BW-ISS0720
Product Type : Infinite Scale Statue_ Hybrid Type
Product Size : Approximately15” W (380mm) x 14.1”L (360mm) x 28” H (710mm)
Product Weight : Approximately 14 Kg (Including Package)
Dimension (Shipping Box) : Approximately 21” W (540mm) x 21” L (540mm) x 31” H (800mm)
Release : September 2013
Price : USD 599 $ ( Gold Version USD 699 $ )
Limited Edition : TBD
Pre-order period : TBD
(Pre-order period may be closed early without prior notice .)

Spec.
1. Head/Hair : PVC & Magnet
2. Body : Skin effect PolyStone & Magnet
3. Hands : Skin effect PolyStone & Magnet (2 Right hands, 1 Left hand)
4. Shoes : PVC & Fabric with working shoelaces
5. Nunchaku : PVC, Metal, Rope cord and concealed magnets
6. Nunchaku case : Fabric
7. Bamboo cane : ABS plastic
8. Bracelet : Metal
9. Diorama base :
Type 1. Limited Gold Version – Polystone & PVC with gold effect plating & etched steel plate
Type 2. Limited Classic Version - Polystone & PVC with Wooden & etched steel plate
10. Costume : Fabric
11. Bruce Lee Name-plate : Alloy & Gold effect plating
12. Package : Full color EPP & Paper package

Description

The 40th Anniversary Bruce Lee Figure is produced by Master sculptor, Arnie Kim as artistic director for Bruce Lee Enterprises and BLITZWAY to commemorate the anniversary of his passing.

1. By the first try of PVC head emission color with half-transparent real painting on big-scale statue, the producing a real statue that is valuable to possess is expressing more delicate and realistic eye painting, skin, texture than the previous Polystone statue that is opaque and simple painting.

This is the very first of our statues featuring a PVC portrait, showcasing BLITZWAY’s new semi translucent skin effect with super realistic life like painting. This new technique allows for a far superior finish compared to traditional Polystone, with more delicate and subtle detailing not only on the coloration and textures of the skin, but also on the clarity of the eyes. We are confident you will be very impressed!

2. The Costume, Nunchaku, Shoes, and Bamboo cane are perfect realizations of the movie seen accessories, and were painstakingly researched to capture every detail.

3. Diorama base is crafted based on a story of wooden pagoda of

'Palsangjeon' that is a film motif in Korean temple which is ‘Beopjusa’.

4. The hands and bodies skin coloration is not merely painted onto the surface like previous statues with a solid opaque layer, instead BLITZWAY have created them in Polystone with a new ‘life like’ finish to give the statue unparalleled levels of realism.

5. The nunchaku and armpit have magnets concealed internally, making it simple to create iconic poses when using the weapon.

6. The extra right hand can be posed in different positions with the nunchaku, and is also able to hold the bamboo cane for alternative displays.

Pre-order Special Reward
*Orders placed during the pre-order period will receive a special gift. The reverse of the nameplate will be engraved with the name of the purchaser (limited to 20 characters in English), the serial number will also be laser engraved in the numerical release order.
Making this a truly unique figure for each pre-order customer, the Bruce Lee 40th Anniversary Tribute Statue will be yours to treasure forever.

* Orders placed after the pre-order period, will receive exactly the same product, but without the customers’ name engraved.

* Gold Version-Diorama bases are an exclusive limited edition run of just 100 pieces, made exclusively for Bruce Lee Enterprises which can be found at www.brucelee.com.

Creators

Creative Producer : Won Choi
Art Director : Arnie Kim
Creative Director : K
Sculpt & Paint : Arnie Kim
Diorama Base Design : Arnie Kim
Diorama Base Modeling : 5Pro Studio , APEX
Marketing : Won Choi
Production Management : K
Photographer : Sui Park
Editor of Photography : Hongbaksa
Costume Design : Mr. King
Package Design : Hongbaksa
Accessories Modeling : APEX
Manufactured by : BLITZWAY

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_29_zpsac7186c3.jpg

https://i146.photobucket.com/albums...b_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_29_zpsac7186c3.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_28_zpsd99ab896.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_26_zpsd8c826ab.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_25_zps35130746.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_24_zps2450175c.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_23_zpsc4fe7df3.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_22_zps6074c9b2.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_16_zps2ef6afa2.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_17_zpsf8ef3acb.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Blitzway- Bruce Lee 40th Anniversary Tribute Statue

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_19_zpsba4ed426.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_20_zps83b7c97c.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_18_zps5ae4557b.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_14_zpsf62d4300.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_7_zps16357b23.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_11_zpsf8180615.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_12_zps99f8d59c.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_8_zpsbf81164f.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_9_zpsc341b6a1.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_5_zps4f0f6b20.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_3_zpsaf705b22.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_6_zpsbd16efbf.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_4_zpsb41b78e8.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_2_zps10b37c61.jpg

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_1_zps72e8d167.jpg

This piece is incredible, but that price is just insane. Is it 1/3 scale? The quality looks extremely impressive. Might have to try to get this.

I actually prefer the regular version. The gold looks kind of weird there and paying an extra one hundred for it seems a bit silly.

The more I look, the more I want this. Hmm...

OH_MY_GOD...
1/3 scale and only $599 for something that look LIKE THAT???!
If that quality from the pics will survive QC issues and final product will be that good - SSC & HCG (and Toynami with their Cinemaquette line of course) are doomed or will have to seriously reconsider quality of their products and their price policy.

Just got this extra pic through, gives a better idea of the scale-
web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_13_zpsdc6ef086.jpg

Think I'll have to get this. Where would be the best place to get it? Also please tell me shipping is included in the price...

hmmm I've been waiting for this forever.
I've wanted this piece to form the center of my collection along with Legendary Scale Indy.

Glad its Game of Death. I was hoping for that movie in a large scale. The yellow costume will really stand out at this size. And its got the chucks and bamboo which is what I wanted.

But......um this sculpt does not blow me away.
Arnie Kim is meant to be the Bruce Lee king. I don't think this is nearly as good as Scuderia's 1/4 Way of the Dragon figure for Enterbay.

Is working in new materials here throwing off Arnie? I don't know ....I'll be interested to see the feedback when my other fellow Bruce freaks (you know who you are! :) ) flood into this thread.

The 'exclusive' is bizarre. I much prefer the wooden base look.

And the scale?
70cm high? Is that 1/3? Sounds more like 1/4 to me.
Bruce was short but 70cm high on a large base sounds way too small to be 1/3 scale.

EDIT: Did the maths. Bruce at 1/3 scale is about 58cm and so add a large base and we're right on the money...

Last edited:

"BUY IT NOW" on Blitzway's site ain't letting me buy it :gah:

Oh well. Maybe I should ask some questions before buying anyway.

Does anyone in here know if the normal base is included as well with the special gold base purchase?

Maybe the best ever mass produced Bruce Lee collectible I've seen. The likeness is brilliant. Arnie Kim showin' peeps how it's done.

And the scale?
Bruce was short but 70cm high on a large base sounds way too small to be 1/3 scale.

Should be 1/3... 70+ cm with the base .... Bruce Lee's (1:1) height at 171 cm and @1/3 would be 57cm

something doesn't look right with the eyes...left eye looks weird ...Laurence Fishburne comes to mind

must be the beer talking

Should be 1/3... 70+ cm with the base .... Bruce Lee's (1:1) height at 171 cm and @1/3 would be 57cm

Yes you beat me to it :)
I did the math and you right. 71cm is about right for a 1/3 scale Bruce and large base.

something doesn't look right with the eyes...left eye looks weird ...Laurence Fishburne comes to mind

must be the beer talking

No I agree ....there is something off about his face.
Too square ...needs to be lengthened maybe, I don't know ....I'll leave it to the photoshop experts to prove or disprove :)

But......am this sculpt does not blow me away.
Arnie Kim is meant to be the Bruce Lee king. I don't think this is nearly as good as Scuderia's 1/4 Way of the Dragon figure for Enterbay.

Is working in new materials here throwing off Arnie? I don't know ....I'll be interested to see the feedback when my other fellow Bruce freaks (you know who you are! :) ) flood into this thread.
You think the 1/4 WotD sculpt is better? I don't know man. My excitement for this statue might be a bit too fresh to call it, but I'm giving the likeness edge to this statue.
And the scale?
Bruce Lee should be around 57cm in 1/3 right?

Not sure that looks like a 13cm base though. He's slightly bending. Might make a little difference.

do they have payment plans for this?

Good question. Don't really want to spend all that cash in one go right now. I don't even know how much shipping, or potential international customs fee's, might be. Crazy.

Okay. The sculpt does look weird at some angles. Buzz is wearing off a bit. Yay. Comparing it to real life pics can do that :lol

Still looks good.

Okay. The sculpt does look weird at some angles. Buzz is wearing off a bit. Yay. Comparing it to real life pics can do that :lol

Still looks good.

yeah he looks good if you like collecting bruce lee's brother

Back