BLITZWAY - 1/6 Carlito's Way

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not a rumor.
It was one of the things that made Depalma wanna shoot this script and Pacino play in it.
They saw Carlito Brigante as a mature Tony Montana.
They couldnt do a direct sequel, so its some sort of "what if?".
;)

Even if its based on a novel, that is what they saw in it :)

You don't know what you're talking about, Montana and Carlito are two very different characters.

Got to be an age thing with the, not seeing carlito's way.

Maybe I'm wrong but this has got to be one of his best performances and a classic so can't get my head around people that have not watched it or don't want it unless your under the age of 20.
I'm an old fart of 39 so have watched this a few times and its a must have figure
Heavy duty:)
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LujaFopQOEA[/ame]

Got to be an age thing with the, not seeing carlito's way.

Maybe I'm wrong but this has got to be one of his best performances and a classic so can't get my head around people that have not watched it or don't want it unless your under the age of 20.
I'm an old fart of 39 so have watched this a few times and its a must have figure
Heavy duty:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LujaFopQOEA

I'm 26.
Simply not got round to it. There's plenty other 'classics' I haven't seen yet. Which is great I think, since I have yet to experience a lot of potentially great films. :yess:

The only classic movies I can think of I haven't seen would be from the 50's and earlier. For some reason I never get around to it and always end up watching low budget horror and action films. :rotfl

You don't know what you're talking about, Montana and Carlito are two very different characters.

Sorry but i do know what i'm talking about.
Been to several masterclass of Depalma in Paris (where he mostly lives nowadays since he had children with a has been french singer) and it was one of the question that always came even in his last Masterclass at the french cinémathèque.
And he was pretty straigtforward in his answers.
Tony was dead but they liked the idea to make of Carlito Brigante some sort of soul brother/or brother from another mother or whatever term you wanna use. This is what attracted Pacino to the role.
What if Tony had been arrested and matured?
What would he do once released?
But yeah officially you are right they are not the same characters.
Sometimes you just need to listen to the artist behind the curtains, what their intentions were...
A bit further than whats written on the dvd boxcase.
But hey what ever float you boats... and mine...
Me i'll stick to what Depalma intentions were.

You silly giant babies arguing about movies again?

Is Carlito's Way good? Will I finish the movie feeling like it is a spiritual successor to Scarface?

Back