Blair Witch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Director of Book of Shadows hit twitter to lol at box office bomb of BW.

He had a Fincher experience with Lionsgate.

It's pretty sad that he's playing BO champ when his film was piggybacking on the phenom of the original and is also a total piece of ****. He can bemoan interference but lots of "tampered" movies are still fun to watch.

Director of Book of Shadows hit twitter to lol at box office bomb of BW.

He had a Fincher experience with Lionsgate.

It's pretty sad that he's playing BO champ when his film was piggybacking on the phenom of the original and is also a total piece of ****. He can bemoan interference but lots of "tampered" movies are still fun to watch.

for me the woods represented UFOs and Aliens and abductions... the X Files and A fire in the Sky did a number on me.

being in the woods always reminds me of that lol. THEN blair Witch project came out and it was good bye to the forest forever :lol

lol

The best way to watch a movie is to watch partial clips out of context and on a loop in a youtube window on a laptop screen. Then you can critique said footage with full credibility and relevance.

lol lol

It's true. Not only do you avoid the danger of crossing streets and interacting with theater staff - you also won't miss out on new tweets, posts, status updates or other vital intel.

lol lol lol

Avoid life. Form opinions. Hit enter.

crowz knowz intertetz.

Just don't do it.

*upside-down, frowny Nike swoosh*

lol lol lol lol

More like by Halloween. :lol

I'm actually a big fan of the 1st one.

Not just for artistic reasons either, it is hands down the best movie marketing in the history of cinema therefore much respect on that end as well.

To this day it remains on the elite list of production/profit ratios.

Last edited:
Just watched it. I thought it was complete garbage and a chore to get through. Which is a shame really since I've wanted a sequel for 20 years now that was worth a damn.

Just watched it. I thought it was complete garbage and a chore to get through. Which is a shame really since I've wanted a sequel for 20 years now that was worth a damn.

You didn't even dig the last third?

I can't defend it, it's not really a good movie, but I got the kind of residual nostalgia high I wanted from it. Bummer it didn't work for you.

You didn't even dig the last third?

I can't defend it, it's not really a good movie, but I got the kind of residual nostalgia high I wanted from it. Bummer it didn't work for you.

Nah, not at all really. It lacked any real subtly that the first one had. I appreciated in the first film that it was a gradual build up of the nights progressively getting worse where as in this they take it to 10 immediately and stay with that the rest of the film.

I think the only thing I did like was that they took the limbo they were stuck in with the first film and took it to the next level, and the sun stopped coming up. Also, with the whole past and present situations taking place at the same time since the tape at the beginning was actually the end.

its crazy how the director and writer of the first one ALWAYS wanted the second movie to be a prequel where they show the blair witch when she was alive,
they wanted to make a movie about her life and how she dies and what happens next. (Kinda like the movie The Witch)
They Also wanted to point out that those woods were evil before her death. They had an idea to add to the second movie that native americans were scared of those woods because there was something evil in them. (The Blair Witch was not going to be the reason those woods are haunted)

they pitched this idea to Artisan and they didn't like it and when the director and writer could not come up with a good sequel idea Artisan made Book of Shadows Blair witch 2.

now that they had a studio that wanted to work with them and now that they could do whatever they wanted and that they had more control because the studio was not the same that did Blair Witch 2, I wonder why they didn't go for that prequel idea. I wonder why they were okay with whats basically a reboot.

They also had ideas to make a movie based on Rustin Parr killing the kids and the witch influencing him. and ideas on expanding the history of the town and the way the town dealt with the woods.

but all these ideas and they create this imitation of the first... it makes no sense. those two guys have been wanting to make a prequel for like 17 years now...

they also wanted to make a sequel in the style of aliens where a team of soldier type of guys with guns and stuff get lost in the woods
so the director of the first said the first one was alien and they wanted the sequel to be like aliens back in 1999

Maybe they rebooted so that they could make a prequel within a fresher time frame.

yeah I thought about that but seeing how this was received and the box office, it looks like the prequel will never happen :lol

it wasn't a very smart way to go about it because they could have done the "Aliens" style sequel (that could have been part reboot) where the guys were armed but their guns would be useless against the witch and her powers. You could even have the same things happening but instead of annoying Millenials they could have had this team searching for someone (Maybe someone else got lost again)

I really want to see that prequel idea they had. it was going to be a period piece.

Great interview with Eduardo, he goes into great detail with what happened after BW became a hit, Artisan etc.

Great listen if you're a fan of the first movie.

The guy is really cool.

Seen it 3 hours ago. Guess they adapted it by adding more drama, otherwise, it's really the same as the original. Still a good movie but not for everyone.

Back