Blair Witch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking Heat Pacino as the Old Timer, Carlito's Way Pacino for some Hollywood diversity, and Serpico Pacino as the new recruit. I wouldn't want to complicate things with a fourth Pacino so the villain could be Oscar Isaac, who is the revenge seeking bastard son of.....one of them. :lol

Just left the theater.

Solid sequel. While I knew it would never match the raw realism of the first film it definitely took things further. Plot points from the original are explained here and recreated at a larger scale. The Witch's strengths and weaknesses are finally explored and we actually meet her this time. First act is the film's only real weakness. Once you reach the thirty-minute-mark things get good.

THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT (1999) 10/10
BOOK OF SHADOWS (2000) 7/10
BLAIR WITCH (2016) 9/10

I was thinking Heat Pacino as the Old Timer, Carlito's Way Pacino for some Hollywood diversity, and Serpico Pacino as the new recruit. I wouldn't want to complicate things with a fourth Pacino so the villain could be Oscar Isaac, who is the revenge seeking bastard son of.....one of them. :lol

:rotfl

Or could go the Expendable route and make it the "Pacinables" with an endless parade of Pacino's! I'm already seeing a sequel, "The Pacinables 2:Too Many Pacino's".

Just left the theater.

Solid sequel. While I knew it would never match the raw realism of the first film it definitely took things further. Plot points from the original are explained here and recreated at a larger scale. The Witch's strengths and weaknesses are finally explored and we actually meet her this time. First act is the film's only real weakness. Once you reach the thirty-minute-mark things get good.

THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT (1999) 10/10
BOOK OF SHADOWS (2000) 7/10
BLAIR WITCH (2016) 9/10

Book of Shadows... is this the one where the group of kids go into a factory and the front door has a security camera? That movie was so bad. :lol

Book of Shadows... is this the one where the group of kids go into a factory and the front door has a security camera? That movie was so bad. :lol

Book of shadows deserves a little more credit.. I actually hated it the first time I saw it but the found things hidden throughout the film that made it fun to watch.. It tried to be something different and not just another "sequel"

Interesting look and info about that film

As for Blair Witch... I thought it was OK but it was basically a beat for beat reboot. Sure it showed a little more but the structure of the film was exactly the same.

i love book of shadows. its a well made movie (IF it had NOTHING to do with Blair witch i could have seen it become very successful) its more of a psychological movie.
people just expected more forest and more blair witch and more true horror. as a psychological movie it worked for me.

Enjoyed the new flick. It is pretty much a remake of the original, still effective. Being out in dark woods and hearing ****? I don't think I could sleep in a tent ever again. :lol The chick
Spoiler Spoiler:
I can't think of a worse way to die that doesn't involve physical torture. The additions to mythology was good.

I still get creeped out going to the woods near where I live at dusk. Especially if I'm all alone. :panic:

I was like that already. My siblings and I made up monsters that lived in the woods behind my house growing up. Didn't take long for me to be terrified, even knowing full well I made them up.

When I found out about the movie I got chills.

My first time hearing about BW was a review in my local paper the week before it came out.

Rolling Stone ran a simple full page ad. Red filter; edge of a pine forest. Like I said, felt like someone walking over my grave.

Movie didn't live up, but I'm still a fan and I want to see this if there's actual contact with the witch.

for me the woods represented UFOs and Aliens and abductions... the X Files and A fire in the Sky did a number on me.

being in the woods always reminds me of that lol. THEN blair Witch project came out and it was good bye to the forest forever :lol

for me the woods represented UFOs and Aliens and abductions... the X Files and A fire in the Sky did a number on me.

being in the woods always reminds me of that lol. THEN blair Witch project came out and it was good bye to the forest forever :lol

i thought that's where you hid the missing bodies.:chase

kidding.

Being out in dark woods and hearing ****? I don't think I could sleep in a tent ever again. :lol .

This.

I know that lots of people poo-poo the original because "it's not scary", but I backpack and camp a good bit. When I'm backpacking, I'm totally isolated from the world (no cell phones, no communication, no nothing), and if ANYTHING were to make noises or arrange rocks outside my tent or hang stick totems, I'd freak out on the spot. There's just something about being that isolated that would amplify anything like that and terrify me.

I will need to check out this new one soon.

Oh, wow, this movie is already out. Going to have to see this soon. First one is good but probably not enough scary for some.

The first one is not scary at all :lol

The lack of animal and food and fresh water is scary enough but of course not movie worthy. Interesting is that the original is not directed by M Night Shyamalan. It got his vibe all over it? lol.

Back