Premium Format Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw this at my lcs next to ms marvel and spiderwoman and I'm glad I passed. Her face looked real pale. She looks flabby in that suit and I really didn't like the material used. I hope they go a completely different direction if they do catwoman...don't like how this came out and I didn't like how black cat came out.

I'd expect it wouldn't be much trouble.

I've had that happen once. But since I've gotten to know my UPS drivers, they deliver all my packages at work. A perk of living in a small town. :yess:
just letting you know my gentle giant sweet pea has come :yess: Better late than never and she's gggreat very nice....very cool :)
Back to black widow she's on my list all these great pics...got to have her :gah:

Curious as to how many people lie that they didn't receive the ex piece just so they can sell it later... :monkey1

Well in my case, I am missing a right hand but I got a reg. So I have no right hands but I have two identical open left hands.

For those having an issue getting the stone peg to fit into the base (mine is a replacement body after receiving a broken statue), here is the response I received from Sideshow:

 Use a screwdriver that’s a bit bigger than the hole in the base to bore out the base. (This usually helps if for some reason the peg in the body is bigger than the hole in the base).

 Use a can of air duster to blow out the hole in the base.

 Wipe the peg of the figure just to confirm there is nothing that is getting caught.

 Apply slight pressure when setting the body in.

 Wiggle slightly as your setting the body into the base.

 If the peg sets into the base by this point and the peg is still exposed file the peg down until there is no peg exposed and you are satisfied with the statue.

When attempting slight pressure / wiggling I managed to put a hairline crack in the finish on the base without making any headway on fitting the statue.

I guess this means I am supposed to "file the peg down" and hope I don't cause any further damage. Overall, this seems like a not great option on a statue that I paid $350 for. Thoughts?

Yeah I *****ed about my box as well. The corners looked like they had Water damage.
Trust me I would rather not deal with CS and have what I payed for.

I had this problem on my first shipment statue, but maybe not as bad as some of you.
I rocked her, forward and backward, and left and right, until she was about 2 mm from being flush. Held her at the knee and used slow movements
Then I stopped because I was getting nervous about cracking the leg
Now I look at her and she's about 1 mm above the base -- I think she's settling in.

Anyway, I think the problem might have existed on non-replacements as well, maybe to a lesser degree though.

After reading this, I thought about pulling her out of the socket and filing down the peg, but it was such a tight fit going in, I think I'm risking damage taking her out. Good thing she's in her final home, no more boxing her up.

For those having an issue getting the stone peg to fit into the base (mine is a replacement body after receiving a broken statue), here is the response I received from Sideshow:

 Use a screwdriver that’s a bit bigger than the hole in the base to bore out the base. (This usually helps if for some reason the peg in the body is bigger than the hole in the base).

 Use a can of air duster to blow out the hole in the base.

 Wipe the peg of the figure just to confirm there is nothing that is getting caught.

 Apply slight pressure when setting the body in.

 Wiggle slightly as your setting the body into the base.

 If the peg sets into the base by this point and the peg is still exposed file the peg down until there is no peg exposed and you are satisfied with the statue.

When attempting slight pressure / wiggling I managed to put a hairline crack in the finish on the base without making any headway on fitting the statue.

I guess this means I am supposed to "file the peg down" and hope I don't cause any further damage. Overall, this seems like a not great option on a statue that I paid $350 for. Thoughts?

I had to apply some force to get her leg in initially. I had to move her and thus repackage her, and removal and inserting back into the hole in the base was much easier the second go-around.

This seems to be the opposite problem that happened with The Joker, where his base/peg fit was a bit loose.

Last edited:
just letting you know my gentle giant sweet pea has come :yess: Better late than never and she's gggreat very nice....very cool :)
Back to black widow she's on my list all these great pics...got to have her :gah:

Congrats! :hi5: I have my Sweet Pea standing beside my monitor so I'm always staring at it as I type into the keyboard :lol

Anyways, I received my Regular Edition Black Widow last week and with the right boot broken off, I emailed Sideshow and they just emailed me back giving me my options. I opted for the body replacement and now I'm waiting for their 2nd email response. I hope I don't have to wait another week for each response. I know they are busy and all with the Spider Woman fiasco returns and exchanges. So hoping to get a replacement body soon anyways :pray:

I got it and took photos with Arnold! I love it!
DSC_0698_zpsbe0185ac.jpg

DSC_0699_zpscdb9d2e9.jpg

Congrats! :hi5: I have my Sweet Pea standing beside my monitor so I'm always staring at it as I type into the keyboard :lol

Anyways, I received my Regular Edition Black Widow last week and with the right boot broken off, I emailed Sideshow and they just emailed me back giving me my options. I opted for the body replacement and now I'm waiting for their 2nd email response. I hope I don't have to wait another week for each response. I know they are busy and all with the Spider Woman fiasco returns and exchanges. So hoping to get a replacement body soon anyways :pray:

Hopefully you'll hear something real soon. I wish you the best of luck, bro! :duff

:lol :lol

Awesome pics and Congrats, Hangsangbank! :rock :duff :rock

Back