Premium Format Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are exactly right, Tavegg! They were both previously returned statues. The biggest disappointment is that the simply painted over the problems and then resold them. Amazingly, while on the phone with SSC today, the rep (I won't mention her name) actually asked me if it looks bad when I told her about the large chip off her hair.

I have to wait for them to get back to me but there is no way I'll keep these.

Yeah that happened to me on the dark xmen dio ex. They were sold out and then one day it was available on the website. I ordered it and the product immediately went back to WL after my purchase. The statue showed up with issues and I had to return it
Those are great looking female sculpts you had to. I've eyed them a couple times, especially the baroness. I'm sure SS will make it right. Still it's such an annoying feeling to have to deal with those types of issues.m the time and frustration are emotionally taxing. Hope it all works out

Sorry to hear that you had problems with that diorama. I think the worst part is simply the big letdown after anticipating them in such a big way although I'm not looking forward to getting the taxes reimbursed by the CDN Government. ;-)

I agree that Baroness is definitely a great looking statue. I think I'm going to miss that one.

Sorry to hear that you had problems with that diorama. I think the worst part is simply the big letdown after anticipating them in such a big way although I'm not looking forward to getting the taxes reimbursed by the CDN Government. ;-)

I agree that Baroness is definitely a great looking statue. I think I'm going to miss that one.

Wait for it..........................its coming..........................an offer of $25 to keep the returned and then resent statue....:monkey3

They were going to send me a "new" body but I told them not to bother unless they could guarantee that the bodysuit would fit properly (for Baroness).

For the Black Widow they offered only to replace the base and hair even though the right hands do not stay in place and there is pulled fabric on the suit.

As such I am returning both but am a little bit sad about doing so. What a letdown. Early PO only for me from now on. Lesson learned. ;-)

I just got my Black Widow #302 today and although it was pre-opened, everything thing inside appeared to be like new...until I unwrapped everything. There are pulls in a couple of places on her clothes and neither one of the right hands fit into place fully (so they may easily fall out), the fabric on the right arm is loose and not locked in place like the left arm, there are 3 chips on the top of the base as well as numerous scratches. The hair appears to have been repaired in one area (broken piece reattached) and there is a painted over chip in another area of the hair. The leg seam is noticeable as well which makes me wonder if they repaired the leg and resold it. I could continue but I won't. The face and eyes were very well done so it is such a shame!

From now on, I pre-order early, before it sells out, or I don't bother with it. I ordered one of the Baroness EX that arrived today as well and that one was pretty much perfect but, besides being a little bit dusty around her glasses, had a large chip out of her hair that was also painted over but you can tell that it was broken at some point! I'm really very disappointed in these, considering the price. I mean, really, if they could simply be honest and say what the issues are, we wouldn't have to waste time and money sending them back.

Really glad that some of you got good ones on this last batch and really hoped that I'd have gotten a good one too but I suppose it wasn't meant to be.

What a crappy day...so sad. :(

i had "brand new" statue sent to me with previous owner's international shipping label still on the brown shipper lol. Remember all the lemmings used to troll anyone who says ss ships returned statues as new.

If there is no issues then who cares just keep it, if there are issues just return it to sideshow they pay for return shipping anyway. Not big deal.

The worst thing you can do is keep a retuned + damaged statue and encourage this kind of dishonest behavior from ss.

I used to get angry over receiving bad quality statues from sideshow, but now i am over it. If it's good i keep, if it's bad i just return. No need to get stressed out or angry anymore.

SS is just a faceless entity out for $ like every other company, not worth to get worked up over it.

Back