BioShock 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry the bring up an old thread but I didn't want to waste space making a new one. Anyways I bought BS2 a few days ago and love it but I noticed a few odd things and I'm not sure if it's glitches in the game or not. Anywho has anyone had a problem with the tape recordings just stop being audiable at times and have to restart the game to get it to work again? Also at one point in the game while a Little Sister was harvesting Adam, no Splicers attacked like they normally do and was wondering if anyone else had this happen to them or if maybe there's something wrong with the disc or my PS3?

Sorry the bring up an old thread but I didn't want to waste space making a new one. Anyways I bought BS2 a few days ago and love it but I noticed a few odd things and I'm not sure if it's glitches in the game or not. Anywho has anyone had a problem with the tape recordings just stop being audiable at times and have to restart the game to get it to work again? Also at one point in the game while a Little Sister was harvesting Adam, no Splicers attacked like they normally do and was wondering if anyone else had this happen to them or if maybe there's something wrong with the disc or my PS3?

Hmmm, I'm not sure. It's a been awhile. Did you just try replaying the audio tapes from the menu instead of restarting the entire game?

I just started this one yesterday. Only about an hour in, but I love it so far. Combat is much improved from the first one, IMO. I can tell, though, that it won't quite reach the level of greatness that the first BioShock did.

Hmmm, I'm not sure. It's a been awhile. Did you just try replaying the audio tapes from the menu instead of restarting the entire game?

Yes and the audio wouldn't work. I could still hear the Splicers talk but none of the recordings or even Sinclair over the radio or Sophia Lamb's voice over the intercom worked. I'm wondering if I should take it back and exchange it.

After you guys beat it definitely pick up Minerva's Den, it's one of the few DLC packs that I thought was worth every penny. It's a very self contained quests that for the money is a solid length and has a bunch of new features, weapons, and enemies.

I gotta say, despite the glitches I've had, overall, I love this game just as much as the first. There is nothing more satisfying than drilling through Splicers foolish enough to attack you or your Little Sister.

The gameplay changes are welcomed but the storyline isn't quite up to par with the first. This one your not afraid to take on a big daddy because you yourself are one...where as in the first game you would think twice and try to think of a strategy, you were one man with a wrench in a strange place. This time your in rapture familiar with rapture and a bad ass.

I didn't think Sophia Lamb was as interesting a villain as Andrew Ryan but the story I felt the overall story was as good as the first. It's funny, despite being a Big Daddy in this one, I felt BS2 was actually harder than the original but I'll admit the first game had a creepier feel to it (probably because I'm more familiar with Rapture now). Also none of the characters were as creepy as the ones in the first game ie Dr. Steinman, Sander Cohen and the Splicers covered in plaster. Still BS2 overall was a very fun game and I had just as much fun with it as I did with BS1.

No doubt its fun, it's just it can't stack up to the original, because well it was the original. It all sort of felt like been there done that. I'm glad they are really switching it up for the 3rd game.

No doubt its fun, it's just it can't stack up to the original, because well it was the original. It all sort of felt like been there done that. I'm glad they are really switching it up for the 3rd game.

After re-playing the first game and giving BS2 a second playthrough aswell (it's been a very boring day) and really taking everything in, I gotta slightly agree with you. No doubt the first was more original, had creepier characters and arguably a better overall story so with that said, I'd give a very slight edge to the first game but not by much. BS2 definately has better combat mechanics though and like I said, there is nothing more satisfying than running your drill through Splicers. In terms of overall gameplay and fun, they're about equal but in terms of originality, creepyness and even story, I'll give it to BS1 but again not by much. I can't wait to see what they do with Infinite.

GAMESPOT

BioShock 2 creative director quits to form indie studio

The creative director of BioShock 2, Jordan Thomas, has left 2K Marin after more than five years with the developer.

Speaking to GamesIndustry International, Jordan Thomas revealed that a few key moments during the development of BioShock Infinite inspired him to branch out on his own.

A designer on the original BioShock and creative director on BioShock 2, Thomas realised his true calling whilst working on Infinite, saying, "It cemented for me that while BioShock spoke to me, it'll never be for me what it is for Ken [Levine]. I've expanded that legacy here and there, but I could never have created it from scratch."

"I need to build something that is, to me, what BioShock is to Ken. No matter how long it takes, I have to start now."

Thomas has plans to start up a two-person independent game studio with an unrevealed partner, and work on a project that draws upon immersive simulation games such as Thief. The former creative director did not share specific details about his immediate plans.

2K Marin is currently working on the upcoming tactical third-person shooter The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. The game's development should not be impacted by the departure of Thomas, who left the project in early 2012.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified was first announced in 2010 as an untitled first-person shooter set in the XCOM universe. The game underwent an overhaul and was revealed in its current state in April this year. It is currently scheduled for release on August 20 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

Back