Big Chief Studios - New Licenses - Gladiator and Penny Dreadful!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most probably the leather outfit, as i have a hunch when Dave was asking for leather folk to make a proto for a company, i reckon it very well might be this.

Just a hunch though.

Unlikely. Dave doesn't have much association with BCS. . . Star Ace however, is a different story. Besides, BCS posts here themselves, they wouldn't need Dave to ask for them.

im abit skeptical they can do the tailoring required to make outfits like the ones worn by Vanessa Ives in penny d. in regards to gladiator as many have mentioned been done bootleg style quite abit already. kinda shocked by these licence choices. expected more bbc/bbc america shows like... Orphan Black, Luther or Being Human.

12294734_10154404183571002_3029467420325561403_n.jpg

Might as well repost the WIP here :)

I really hope they can do a good Vanessa Ives

Seeing their Clara and Rose from Doctor Who makes me think they are really going to do a great job on her. I really can't wait. I do think the intricate costuming will be a challenge, but it'll make for a remarkable figure if it's a success.

I'm ecstatic about Penny Dreadful. I'm in for Vanessa Ives and (hopefully) Timothy Dalton's Sir Malcolm. If they nail the likenesses on this line I'll definitely be buying, and I'll be interested in seeing what other characters they do as well. Monsters would be cool--Frankenstein's Creature, Ethan in Wolfman mode, the Master Vampire, a few of those bald nude witch girls from season two.

Here's hoping we get a Vanessa with long hair as well as the standard look--I'd definitely be willing to buy variants.

So, there are a ton of different costume choices that a potential Vanessa Ives figure from BCS as part of their Penny Dreadful line could wear. Any particular favorites for people?

I think her purple dress is pretty iconic, but the dark green version of the same would be awesome. What about accessories? A scorpion, her tarot cards, and an open and closed Verbis Diablo would all be cool.

785bd758df402fa6721b0a2f0437b2bb.jpg
Penny-Dreadful-Season-2-Cast-Official-Picture-vanessa-ives-penny-dreadful-38387003-6000-4625.jpg

For me the purple dress and coat are the more iconic look, so I would hope that would be the look for the "standard" figure. For variants, I would love a "Posessed Vanessa" from season one when she was possessed by the devil--long hair, wearing a white nightgown, with a maniacal or pained expression on her face.

For me the purple dress and coat are the more iconic look, so I would hope that would be the look for the "standard" figure. For variants, I would love a "Posessed Vanessa" from season one when she was possessed by the devil--long hair, wearing a white nightgown, with a maniacal or pained expression on her face.
indeed the purple costume is the more iconic
would love that one

looking forward to the Gladiator. There are a couple non-licensed ones that are out there that look pretty good. Debating whether to pick one of those up or waiting for this.

big fan of Eva Green so definitely in for Penny.

Back