Big Chief Studios - New Licenses - Gladiator and Penny Dreadful!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now that penny dreadful has ended after 3 seasons out of damn nowhere, I want this Vanessa figure even more since I'm going to miss the hell out of the show!

now that penny dreadful has ended after 3 seasons out of damn nowhere, I want this Vanessa figure even more since I'm going to miss the hell out of the show!

The good thing about it being only three seasons, is you can go back and watch it again, knowing that it was consistently good, as opposed to shows that go on and on for years and drive themselves into the ground. Most shows should only be three seasons.

The good thing about it being only three seasons, is you can go back and watch it again, knowing that it was consistently good, as opposed to shows that go on and on for years and drive themselves into the ground. Most shows should only be three seasons.

I'd agree if the stories in season 3 weren't dropped out of nowhere halfway through and the whole thing rushed to the finish line in lighting speed. There was a lot more story to be told in PD.

I wonder how far this line will go seeing as the show ended. BCS isn't a big company, I don't know how much of a hit they could take if these didn't sell well.

I doubt we'll ever see them now, I mean they haven't even been fully revealed yet, and you'd still be looking at close to another year after that until they actually saw release. Add in the pound falling against pretty much every major currency right now, meaning factory and production costs are probably going to rise quite sharply in coming months, which itself is less than great news for a small company whose products are already seen as being on the higher side of the expensive end of the 1/6 market, and I suspect the waters might get pretty choppy for Big Chief, and any other smaller sized UK companies like them.

We'll see, I guess.

They mentioned on their facebook not long ago that they will reveal these, so I wouldn't be surprised if we at the very least get a Vanessa and Ethan.

I'd agree if the stories in season 3 weren't dropped out of nowhere halfway through and the whole thing rushed to the finish line in lighting speed. There was a lot more story to be told in PD.

Yeah... but it could have been worse. At least they rapped it up, and it didn't end on some irritating cliff-hanger.

Yeah... but it could have been worse. At least they rapped it up, and it didn't end on some irritating cliff-hanger.

I agree with that, they tried to at least finish it. Would have been good if they at least had one more season to do it better though.

I agree with that, they tried to at least finish it. Would have been good if they at least had one more season to do it better though.

Yeah, that's always ideal, and that's what they're going to do with Orphan Black; it's been renewed for one final season. Which is fine. I loved that show, but this last season was getting a little exhausting to me. I'll be glad when it ends, however they decide to end it.

I just finished the first season and god is Eva Green exceptional in this...I'm going to need her in 1/6 scale if they still plan on making her.

I've just started watching the third season. While I'm watching something I'm often on the iPod looking up info on IMDB. Happened to be looking at the message board there and the question was asked: What became of the 1/6 Penny Dreadful figures?

First time I've seen reference to the hobby there.

And what indeed?

The show seems to have a cult following, and who better to buy figures than cults like us? :lol

Greggo said BC is still waiting on CBS to approve likenesses or something, looks like they are dragging their feet. This isn't on BC this time.

BTW, keep your fond memories of season 1 and 2. :wink1:

And if it does it'll likely be a smaller line than it might once have been. A smaller line could be self defeating for the entire project, considering how many different characters (and variations of characters) there could be.

Sixth scale in late Victorian attire would be both interesting and versatile across genres, from Sherlock Holmes, the Wild West and Star Ace's new Dracula.

But BCS also have Bond to occupy themselves with, which should be a more lucrative and wide reaching prospect.

If we get Vanessa and Ethan then I'll be grateful.

I hope Ethan and Vanessa make it. With the show off the air, I imagine sales of those two will largely determine if any more are made.

Back