Big Chief Studios - New Licenses - Gladiator and Penny Dreadful!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point why not just have them Kickstarter/crowdfund it with some lower tier rewards that cost them very little, like small prints or something of the sort? That way fans who don't want to buy in at full can support it and get merch they might appreciate all the same.

I'm down for both. Bring it on! I need that Vanessa figure if nothing else.

They should at least produce the Vanessa figure since they've already put so much work into it. See how it sells and go from there.

I don't agree with the statement that the fandom ends when the show does. Most custom television figures would never be made if that were the case.

Assuming the headsculpt is good, I would be more than willing to pay a deposit right now for Vanessa Ives, or to contribute to a kickstarter for her. I would need to see the headsculpt first though.

Assuming the headsculpt is good, I would be more than willing to pay a deposit right now for Vanessa Ives, or to contribute to a kickstarter for her. I would need to see the headsculpt first though.

I saw the in-progress painted head many moons ago and it was AMAZING. I don't think the full reveal will disappoint.

I don't think the fandom ends when the show does, but there is a lot of hype that surrounds a tv show when it is current and producing new episodes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only way they still produce Penny Dreadful figures is if they had to pay a huge upfront licensing cost yhat they need to try and recoup.

So the Sir Malcom figure is off the cards now? Shame, I really liked Dalton on that show (and my favourite Bond).

Agreed. I'm far more interested in Sir Malcolm than in Ethan Chandler. Also agree that Dalton was the best Bond.

As long as we get Vanessa Ives I'll be happy. How about just a head and one outfit if the full figure +extras is too expensive to make? I'd gladly purchase an extra female body on my own.

Well if they are going to go ahead with it they better do it fast, waiting months and months to launch PD figurines will kill interest.

I've been bugging Big Chief since they first posted the Penny Dreadful news in March, and haven't heard anything more about the Penny Dreadful figures.
I am guessing it would be safe to say they are not moving forward with this?

I don't think the fandom ends when the show does, but there is a lot of hype that surrounds a tv show when it is current and producing new episodes.

That usually depends on the show, sometimes the length of its run, etc... Some fade away rather quickly, a few are more lasting.

Your Buffy, X-Files types that last are more rare, IMHO.

Agree on the hype, though. The hype window has been missed here.

Back