Big Chief Studios: Peaky Blinders 1/6 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my Tommy figure in today and have to echo what others have said about the clothing. It’s really quite nice with very thin material choice.

My only real gripe about is the body actually. While the joints are nice and tight, it’s just not the right frame for Cillian and I think lets the rest of the figure down.

I’ve temporarily swapped him over to a Worldbox AT021 body and everything fits much better filling out the clothing quite nicely. Now that I know this works, I’m going to order the AT021 Pro body that has even better proportions in my opinion which I think will benefit this figure even more. The head also sits a little higher on the world box body which really helps with the proportions

Once the new body comes in sometime next year, I’ll also permanently fix the shirt collar so that it stays closed and close to the neck which will in turn help the tie look better.

Overall, not bad for $100. I probably would’ve been a little underwhelmed had I bought this at full price. What I will say is that I do wish I could’ve gotten the signature edition as that really seems like such a cool addition that I would love to have.

This figure will look great on the shelf next to John Wick, Bond and John Dillinger
Have the head sculpts still got a shiny paint finish? I'm just wondering if there might have been paint differences from batch to batch?

Have the head sculpts still got a shiny paint finish? I'm just wondering if there might have been paint differences from batch to batch?
I wouldn’t say that it looks there’s a gloss coat on it. It has an ever so slight shine, a little more dull than semi-gloss but not full on matte. It appears that there’s one finish to the entire head though rather than a bit of gloss for the eyes

Quick snap shot in natural light, 'm by no means a photographer so take what you want from this :) The figure does seem shinier in photos than it does in hand.

Attachments

• DSC_0159.JPG
    DSC_0159.JPG
    1,011.8 KB · Views: 0
So, BBTS just put up 2 of these figures (both the signed edition!) up for preorder. What is happening???
Thanks for the heads up. Might be interested in getting a signed version of Tommy 🤔

Edit: Tommy signature edition already sold out. Didn't last long at all

Last edited:
Clothes are really top notch but wish the head sculpts wasn't so shiny and plastic looking .
Sculpts are really good , maybe a repaint could elevate them .
Overall very happy with them for the price I paid .
Yup, that's basically how I felt as well. Once the Worldbox AT021 Pro is released, I think that body will fill out the clothing better than the stock one and will help the overall look even more.

Hey guys. Just found out about this Tommy figure not long ago. I noticed some of you posting about websites that had a decent price on these. Does anybody still have this for sale at a decent price? I really don't care which version, or whether it has the signature or the extra machine gun or not. I checked Master Replicas but didn't find anything there.Thanks in advance.

Hey guys. Just found out about this Tommy figure not long ago. I noticed some of you posting about websites that had a decent price on these. Does anybody still have this for sale at a decent price? I really don't care which version, or whether it has the signature or the extra machine gun or not. I checked Master Replicas but didn't find anything there. Thanks in advance.
I think Master Replicas was the only place that had them for so cheap. BBTS still has it for avaialbe but at MSRP. You'd probably have to try eBay if you want to try to get it for a discount.

I think Master Replicas was the only place that had them for so cheap. BBTS still has it for avaialbe but at MSRP. You'd probably have to try eBay if you want to try to get it for a discount.
Thanks 😊
I tried eBay but it was gouged pretty heavily. I went for the one that they had in stock on Big bad Toy Store like you said. It apparently has substandard packaging. So I hope the box isn't crushed too bad and that the diorama isn't damaged. Thank you again for your reply.

What's the general consensus here on which Tommy Shelby figure is better between Big Chief Studios and THToys?

Thanks 😊
I tried eBay but it was gouged pretty heavily. I went for the one that they had in stock on Big bad Toy Store like you said. It apparently has substandard packaging. So I hope the box isn't crushed too bad and that the diorama isn't damaged. Thank you again for your reply.
yea ebay is pretty pricey right now. He was going for pretty decent pricing for awhile, even on there, but I guess stock is drying up so the price is as well.
Box should be fine. I think sometimes they mark them that way b/c of the returns some ppl try to make due to small dings on the box. It's part of the reason why Sideshow no longer replaces artboxes. Too many ppl wanting replacements or refunds for minor stuff but unfortunately also penalizes the ones who do get crushed boxes.
What's the general consensus here on which Tommy Shelby figure is better between Big Chief Studios and THToys?
While I haven't seen the THToys one in person, I would say overall it's a comparable looking figure for the most part just different looks and the BCS on being officially licensed while the THToys one is a 3rd Party unlicensed figure. Unfortunately, the THToys one goes for so much right now that it's just not worth it in my opinion. I do like the pocket watch, real laced shoes, and weapons that the THToys one comes with as well as the fit of the overcoat.

Back