Big Chief Studios - New Licenses - Gladiator and Penny Dreadful!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonWes

Super Freak
Reaction score
This seems to have slipped by everyone in the excitement of all the Doctor Who announcements! But BCS have a new catalog that reveals some new licenses coming soon! I am OVERJOYED that Penny Dreadful is coming!!

11041517_10105641431582700_1048938104293643960_n.jpg

Yeah, Penny Dreadful is going to just be brilliant. The costuming on that show will make for some really appealing figures. Nothing's official, but I imagine Vanessa would be the first figure. I will definitely be getting that.

I haven't seen the show, but I would buy a Josh Hartnett figure if it came out nice.

Definitely into this. PD is one of my TV highlights of the year. Hoping its a successful line as I'm up for Vanessa, Ethan (swap out head maybe?) Frankenstein, the monster, Lyle, Sebeme, Sir Macolm, vampires & witches.
Only character I find uninteresting is Dorian Grey, although his story-line did improve towards the end of series 2

Even though they have it there, I'm suspicious of Ruissell Crowe. There's a reason why it's been bootlegs up to now, and his HT jor-El was only made because his likeness rights were part of his contract.

Even though they have it there, I'm suspicious of Ruissell Crowe. There's a reason why it's been bootlegs up to now, and his HT jor-El was only made because his likeness rights were part of his contract.

They wouldn't try aquiring the license without assurance that they could use his likeness.

Yeah no disrespect but I don't think BCS could come close to ACI's Gladiator figures and after getting those I really don't have a need for any others.

Vanessa would be an excellent first female to add to my 1/6 collection; considering the outfits these should be really fun figures. Ethan would be cool too. Pricing will determine a lot though.

Yeah no disrespect but I don't think BCS could come close to ACI's Gladiator figures and after getting those I really don't have a need for any others.

I'm treating this with the same apprehensive approach as I'm taking with Sideshow's Ash. Very cautious. Hopeful, but reservedly so.

Sadly for them they were too slow in securing this particular license,
'cause most of us that were interested have already bought either version.
So I am curious to see what they present for Gladiator after 2 very good bootlegs.

Most probably the leather outfit, as i have a hunch when Dave was asking for leather folk to make a proto for a company, i reckon it very well might be this.

Just a hunch though.

BCS updated their FB page with an image from Gladiator, so hopefully the first high-end action figure of Oliver Reed isn't too far away!

Does this mean Oliver Read's fantastic character Proximo will finally be immortalised in 1/6th scale?

Despite the decent bootlegs of Maximus we've gotten - I'd love to see other gladiators and the emperor in this line.

Back