Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW - for those on the fence, Watson does not look 150yrs old in hand :D
No offense to anyone taking pics here, mine would likely be a lot worse .... something about the flash/lighting on the shots seem to highlight and deepen the wrinkles in the face and make him look like his own grandpa....

thanks! I'll try to get some close ups... the iphone camera does distort, so I'll play a bit until I can get them... I'm not a perfect painter, though... I'm red/green colour blind, so I have to use paints out of the bottle without too much mixing, cause skin tones are tricky... so be gentle with me.

well, you don't seem to have to worry! It appears to be perfect from what I can see!:)

Just recieved my figures. Boy, are they amazing. I was worried for the paint and Sherlock's coat but I have zero flaws. These are beautifully made figures.

Just recieved my figures. Boy, are they amazing. I was worried for the paint and Sherlock's coat but I have zero flaws. These are beautifully made figures.

Same here. They are still boxed but I had a quick glance and zero flaws. I got number 36. I know it sounds commonplace, but I don't think I've ever seen figures whose pictures don't do them justice as much as these. Like you, I was worried about a subpar paint job, but wow, they look so much better in person it's impressive!
So much so that, unless they look really, really better, I don't plan to get Iminime's anymore! Really impressed there. Only thing I do t seem to like are the bodies. They seem floppy.

Same here. They are still boxed but I had a quick glance and zero flaws. I got number 36. I know it sounds commonplace, but I don't think I've ever seen figures whose pictures don't do them justice as much as these. Like you, I was worried about a subpar paint job, but wow, they look so much better in person it's impressive!
So much so that, unless they look really, really better, I don't plan to get Iminime's anymore! Really impressed there. Only thing I do t seem to like are the bodies. They seem floppy.

Sherlock does look fantastic, and BCS are sending me a replacement head (once I send back the defective one)... so all's right in the world!

The 'hands in the coat pockets' pic inspired me. I've done similar with my Sherlock. Really helps you control the flow and drape of the thick coat ...and looks great since its a common look for him.
Got to find my camera and take some pics (cellphone is a work phone and can't receive or send pics)

The bases sit so nicely together and there almost back to back pose looks so good....They really do look amazing in person and contrast each other so well.

I just noticed on Big Chief's website that every Sherlock and Watson figure (signature or regular) is now sold out.

I just noticed on Big Chief's website that every Sherlock and Watson figure (signature or regular) is now sold out.

wow you're right!
I'm actually quite shocked that the regular Watson sold out so fast.
(I'm sure there will be stock reappearing when some stragglers fail to pay the rest or don't pay shipping, but even so.....)

Good work Big Chief !

Wow, that's awesome! I know there's always people who wait for it to be in-hand and look at the non-promo pics. That's really cool. Of course, some of the run is being sent to Diamond to distribute in the US, I believe. But still, very cool! Bring on Moriarty!

Awesome news. Sherlock and Watson have been everything BCS promised they would be, they really deserve their success.

:clap :clap :clap

seriously doubt they all sold out, bet they are shipping remaining stock to retailers etc

On the BCS website now it's saying that most things are available to buy including the Signature Sherlock and the regular #'d pairs. Those were previously sold out for months. I wish they would make up their minds LOL.

wow you're right!
I'm actually quite shocked that the regular Watson sold out so fast.
(I'm sure there will be stock reappearing when some stragglers fail to pay the rest or don't pay shipping, but even so.....)

Good work Big Chief !

On the BCS website now it's saying that most things are available to buy including the Signature Sherlock and the regular #'d pairs. Those were previously sold out for months. I wish they would make up their minds LOL.

I'm guessing its like I said in my post.
Not sure how hardcore Big Chief is in making people stick to their deposits but I'm guessing they are now putting the 'drop out orders' stock back up for sale.

Surprised that some of it is the signature edition figures though !
If anyone is on the fence, both figures are amazing, so I'd snap them up given this second chance!

started with the 30 pounds sterling... roughly $60... then add on the fedex import fees and the tax and crap from Canadia... and whooop... there you go.

crap.

More of the same for me. I asked for Royal Mail but some guy from the shipping department thought he knew my country's tax laws better than me. In fact they began pontificating about how they won't collude with me in evading taxes. To quote Phil Dunphy "What?" I never asked for a marked down in the figure's declared value, I just asked that it be shipped by Royal Mail because of previous experiences with greedy courier companies with their hidden fees and unexplained tax computations. In the end I got stuck with a $70 screwjob. So no more BCS BS for me unless there are other retailers who can actually deliver their figures with their customer's welfare in mind. And yes, in the 12 years I was buying from UK sellers, Royal Mail is reliable and safe.

Back