Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The repaint looks great, excellent job. Those clothes though, perhaps they need to be water treated or futzed with more, they look like he was undercover in the crackhouse again. Nice repaint, sculpt looks much better.

son of a! oh well not surprised. pls let me know if you see any. :) would even get another BCS head for my spare bod.

seen this? yet another sculpt, interesting to see the diffs between all- BCS, iminime and now this

"I'm going undercover, Watson ..as a sexy tranny!"

The repaint looks great, excellent job. Those clothes though, perhaps they need to be water treated or futzed with more, they look like he was undercover in the crackhouse again. Nice repaint, sculpt looks much better.

I'm thinking passing the coat into a flame see if it works to smoothen the fabric...if not then let it burn completely :lol

yeah i thought of taking pics of the BCS clothes next to the Iminime...... then decided not to out of respect for BCS. huge diff. apples and oranges diff.

has anyone attempted to stitch down Sherlocks collar/lapels on the BCS coat? gonna give it a try see if it works out.

"I'm going undercover, Watson ..as a sexy tranny!"

:lol

Just curious, how does everyone feel about Big Chief producing a "second run" of limited edition Sherlocks? They're pre-selling them now on their site. Supposedly they're exactly the same as the original "limited edition" except these will be unnumbered. It just doesn't seem right to me. I suppose the reason they're doing this is to help sell the remaining Watsons and the upcoming Mycroft and Moriarty, but doesn't it cheapen the original run of 1000? Those have all become not-so limited after all. Making these unnumbered does not differentiate them enough for me. To me it's just increasing the production run after the fact and misleading those who thought it would be limited to 1000. Thankfully I bought the signature edition so hopefully this won't effect those too much. Maybe no one else cares but me and I do love most of Big Chief's products, but this situation leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Just my opinion.

Honestly, BCS Sherlock was dead anyway when Iminime released theirs. So I have the signature edition but I don't care about them being released again. In a few years, they'll be worthless anyway, just good for the autograph. That's the lot of any hobby. Better come out and replace old ones...:)

Funny, I think BCS' blows Iminime out of the water on likeness and attention to detail (Iminime always has EXCELLENT production value and paint, but tends to skimp on accuracy - the fabric of Sherlock's coat and those Trek movie uniforms come to mind).

I dislike when companies re-release figures. Even though it's not "technically" lowering value, there's plenty of fans who don't care about the number, or people who would buy another for parts, etc. Maybe make these in less-appealing packaging, or lowering the accessories, would make the originals stand up better at resale.

Just curious, how does everyone feel about Big Chief producing a "second run" of limited edition Sherlocks? They're pre-selling them now on their site. Supposedly they're exactly the same as the original "limited edition" except these will be unnumbered. It just doesn't seem right to me. I suppose the reason they're doing this is to help sell the remaining Watsons and the upcoming Mycroft and Moriarty, but doesn't it cheapen the original run of 1000? Those have all become not-so limited after all. Making these unnumbered does not differentiate them enough for me. To me it's just increasing the production run after the fact and misleading those who thought it would be limited to 1000. Thankfully I bought the signature edition so hopefully this won't effect those too much. Maybe no one else cares but me and I do love most of Big Chief's products, but this situation leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Just my opinion.
Always a tricky move with collectibles, but it's not unheard of. DC Direct re-releases stuff all the time, Medicom has done it, Diamond Select and Takara does it, Hot Toys essentially does this, though they usually add some improvements here or there (Tumbler being an exception, which was a pretty straight ahead re-release). It is annoying when they say something is "limited" and then produce more, but, now you know that this company will do that sort of thing. So if your interest is tied in part to some perception of edition size, you might think twice about buying from them. But I don't think most buyers will care very much. I personally don't think of 1,000 as "limited" (vs. maybe 2,000 or 3,000 or whatever the ultimate total would be) and so that wouldn't affect me. If it's not a couple hundred or less, then it's not all that limited to my eyes.

If they underestimated demand, this allows them to better capitalize on a successful product while also getting more figures into the hands of collectors who missed out. And more profits means Big Chief has more of an opportunity to release other products people may be into.

Just trie to repaint it.

I NEVER touch up a stock figure. I think it loses all value after that. I know for sure I'd never buy a moded figure, unless it's at a VERY lowered price. Buying a custom is buying a custom. Buying a figure from a major company means it has to be in the condition it sold for when released!:)

Now, I don't have the iminime version, but I do have the BCS, and although I'm proud to own it and love it as is, it wouldn't be fair not to admit the paint job is subpar, the body a bit floppy. What I dislike most about it is that it's neckless. What were they thinking?

Neckless was a bad idea, but likness of sculpt is great.About repaints-sometimes it works wery well:)Even for major companies sculpts.

Oh, yes, it works very well! It's just that I feel the figure is no longer the original. So, for me, it's either full on custom or mods that can be reversed easily, like sewing the lapels of the coat flat or stuff like that.

As for the sculpt, I'd say both are awesome... Unpainted. Both suffer from the paint job. BCS retains the best likeness even with a poor paint job, but Iminime's wins the paint job battle by a hundred miles!:)

Honestly, BCS Sherlock was dead anyway when Iminime released theirs. So I have the signature edition but I don't care about them being released again. In a few years, they'll be worthless anyway, just good for the autograph. That's the lot of any hobby. Better come out and replace old ones...:)

Wha? Aren't these other unlicensed Iminime ones done a small quantity? How would they affect the value of the BCS ones? Thankfully I care more about the figure and not the ongoing worth. Honesty, I don't see Sherlock (this version) as a property that people are going to just make and re-make the same figure of over and over. Customs? Sure. But not mass-produced, licensed figures.

Really annoys me.

Wha? Aren't these other unlicensed Iminime ones done a small quantity? How would they affect the value of the BCS ones? Thankfully I care more about the figure and not the ongoing worth. Honesty, I don't see Sherlock (this version) as a property that people are going to just make and re-make the same figure of over and over. Customs? Sure. But not mass-produced, licensed figures.

You're right! What I mean is, from the collector view point, why go buy the BCS when you see how someone could produce something that much better? It's like settling for a Barbie doll when you know you can have a Hot toy!. The only thing that can make them sell is that, indeed, if they manage to block others from doing it (successfully so far), but with the popularity of Cumberpatch these days? I can't see smaller bootleg companies not release at least head sculpts at some point. And being now that you're average bootleg head sculpt paint job is in the ballpark quality of HT, then it's sure to surpass BCS at least in that department.

Hmmm.... I guess. But maybe I'm not the right person to judge as so far I like the BCS factory painted head more than pretty much any other repaint I've seen. Not that there hasn't been some fantastically painted ones, but so many of them either make him look too dollish or feminine to my eyes.

i dont mind the BCS paint, does have that ghostly pale look the lighting in show gives him.

hard to photograph tho. is very pale in person.

Back