Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, you've posted the first in hand pics int he world of this figure! Please don't stop! If you have time I'd love to see more close up pics of everything especially the HS.

It's interesting how even in those two pics of the same figure the HS looks different in each photo.

Glad to see the head sculpt and it's paint apps made it unscathed through production..
That looks pretty good.

....hopefully that coat can be seriously futzed because it looks very thick, not just siting too open...

yna8uhyn.jpg
unana7ed.jpg
utene3e8.jpg
9e7uqaga.jpg
4apusehy.jpg

They have a long way to go to match Hot Toys head sculpts, Sherlock looks like a doll and sorta like a cartoon. I'd like the head sculpts to be realistic so they look alive.

Great pictures
I ordered a numbered pair and got my shipping email today and it says 1x piece weight 2.6 is this correct?

Glad to see the head sculpt and it's paint apps made it unscathed through production..
That looks pretty good.

....hopefully that coat can be seriously futzed because it looks very thick, not just siting too open...

Really did have to futz everything. Basically had to redress him entirely to get the coat close to sitting right. The eyes or expression is a bit doll like but I'll live with it. Would be interested to see what a repaint might bring out of it.

I'll save my final thoughts til I get them in hand...but yeah, based on what we paid, I'm not completely happy with the final result :(

BUT depending on how it looks I may give 'em a repaint and see.

Something goes horribly wrong during production that wipes away all facial detail. I think it's time to look into a new factory.

Yeah-was not correct from me to make judgement before I have real figure in hand.For now I take my words back.

I'm not going to comment on paint until I have him in hand, to make sure it's not pictures/lighting washing out detail, there. But most everything looks good. Not sure about the coat, yet. I just want a shipping notice!!! :D

Good to see some in-hand pictures finally - looks good!! Great photos btw :clap

Will reserve judgment on the paint job until I have my figures in hand though...whenever that may be...where is my shipping notice dammit!!!! :gah: :impatient:

They have a long way to go to match Hot Toys head sculpts, Sherlock looks like a doll and sorta like a cartoon. I'd like the head sculpts to be realistic so they look alive.
Realistic is good but on the other hand, at least you can tell who this is supposed to be - which is not always the case with HT sculpts, e.g. TWS Black Widow, Indiana Jones, Last Stand Wolverine, Star Spangled Cap, etc.

Back