Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - War Doctor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than the slightly irritating scale issue, I was very happy indeed with the War Doctor I received, other than one glaring problem. The body on mine, and in particular the legs, are the loosest of any Big Chief figure I've owned. In fact I can't recall the last time I purchased a figure anywhere who had floppy leg syndrome this bad. He's near impossible to stand because of it, which is annoying because I'm one of those crazy collectors who doesn't use stands. The hips are the worst, not sure what I'll do about that yet. Doesn't seem like this is a common complaint, so I'm just lucky, I guess... :gah:

But sculpt, paint, clothes, accessories, everything else is great...it's a shame Sir John is no longer with us, I think he would have got a kick out of it.

Also, because of the designed and tailoring of the clothes, I can't see a body swap for a shorter body working very well, but if someone does manage it and proves me wrong, please do show us and let us know. :)

I hope the upcoming Eighth Doctor turns out this well, and roll on that Third Doctor pre-order, too.

^ Sorry to hear that, I have a similar "floppy body syndrome" problem with my Fourth Doctor figure. Can't do a thing with him pose-wise! :(

I was looking forward to seeing this tomorrow when I get home. My tracking updated three times during my holiday.
1- customs cleared, delivering today (I think that was Wednesday)
2- customs cleared, new delivery date: Monday
3- etc, now Tuesday. I guess it could easily update again to today !!
Time, will tell....

And.... it’s here now.
I got a call to pick it up at the office, as there was a customs fee. Id left all the paperwork and fees at the office. Anyways.....
It’s a hot afternoon, so I’m stopping off for a beer before taking this home:
BDA7FBEB-F7E4-4C78-87F9-918514508D6E.jpg

Obviously catching up after the holiday.
Yesterday morning, my Mad Max 2 and Friday 13th 2 uk movie posters arrived in the late AM. Then in the afternoon, the Captain Scarlet pieces arrived. Then this today. As the bar I’m at is just past my office, I’ll sit here a while in case the Thunderbirds figures arrive... well, it’s as good an excuse as any :lol

Opened, and, stunning. Great figure.
Jacket is so workable. I had to add a paper clip into the collar of 9s to make it work.
Facial detailing is gorgeous.
The whole thing really works. Very pleased to have this , finally...
812FB00E-1843-4150-89A2-2282A229CA80.jpg

And with the 50th team...
817BA33D-EEB5-4F54-892B-E4EF131E09B0.jpg

Bought a body from eBay to port my War Doctor on. It’s still too tall... what I need is a BCS Hartnell body.

Sigh. :(

Two old guys....
9C77F7B1-486D-44D0-8795-7C7B66723618.jpg

Attachments

• 6000F8AF-8890-43BC-BE16-E0E77859056A.jpg
    6000F8AF-8890-43BC-BE16-E0E77859056A.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 85
I wish I liked this more. I think it will be the first Doctor figure I skip.

I put him together with the other 2 50th Doctors for a couple of shots.
I think he came out really well even if he’s a tad tall, but that doesn’t bother me at all.
AC9A3292-744F-43B1-B8B3-88DFC2065BF1.jpg
Said it before and I’ll say it again, I do like how the jacket came out.
Prompted me to do a bit of work on the 9th jacket:
7FE173E6-BAE9-4FA1-A718-19EE4F0585EC.jpg
76800B21-C64F-420E-A0C7-25023B6C6370.jpg

In the top photo, all are basically straight out of box and stock.
9 is on a new body. I thought he felt very light and fragile when I received him, so I ported him over to a very similar sized but weightier body (Hot Toys).
I had to port my origin 11 over as well a while back. The shoulder deteriorated and I couldn’t fix it. So I ported him over. He now has the green jacket and cowboy hat head. Used original head to build a space suit version.

I’ve been interested in seeing your swap before I buy. Here’s the two I was considering should I end up buying this figure.

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Figure_COO_Models_Standard_Muscle_Arm_Body_9_84_p/coom0053.htm

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Figure_DiD_Smaller_Base_Body_No_head_hands_or_f_p/dl2120.htm

Have you measured the base body?

I did measure it but I didn’t save it. It did work out to be the same height as a standard 1:6 figure.

The first link I would be worried about the thighs fitting the pants. It may still work though. Second link might be worth the $15 just to see if works.

I think the real issue was BCS went by his listed height and didn’t think about how older people tend to get shorter. Slim chances of finding a body that will represent a figure under 5’10”. Someone put together a Tom Holland Peter Parker with a smaller body over in the Homecoming Tech suit thread. I’ll have to see if they listed what body they used.

Back