Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - War Doctor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really jealous of your 10 Baggins! That is a much nicer sculpt than the spikey hair version.

It looks like Big Chief is going for a more pinkish hue in their skin tones lately rather than the super tan paints that they've done in the past. I'm ok with that.

^ :lol Thanks - he probably is the better one out of the 2 that they have done tbh. I do have the series 4 version as well but space is a bit tight atm, so he's boxed up for now. Love the 'Day of the Doctor' episode too so that version definitely wins out for me :)

I'm really envious of your Troughton custom (so we are even! :lol) Really hope BCS get around to making him at some point - as he is my favourite classic Doctor.

Based on the pics, my only gripe is that he appears to be too tall. Any ideas on a good short body to port him over to?

I agree with what’s been said here. I am a bit annoyed with the height, but considered it a minor quibble. The tailoring on the costume is excellent and the likeness to John Hurt is truly outstanding... Easily BC’s best.

My figure’s head has a weird horizontal crease in the back of the head, though. It’s about an inch long and looks like a casting error. Has anybody else seen that problem? I’ve contacted BC but not heard back yet.

It’s an error from the molding process. It seems like it affected a large portion of production.

Truth is I am more. Other end by the height. Any ideas what short body would be a good one to replace this one with (beside a short BCS body)?

It’s an error from the molding process. It seems like it affected a large portion of production.

Truth is I am more. Other end by the height. Any ideas what short body would be a good one to replace this one with (beside a short BCS body)?

Thanks for the info. I hope BCS can offer a solution, but if not, at least the problem is just on the back of the head.

Not sure about what shorter bodies to use, sorry. I think I recall Kaustic Plastic used to offer a few different body types and heights, but I’m not sure of model numbers or neck-socket compatibility. You’d probably be looking for a body that’s about 10 to 10.5 inches tall.

At this price point, I do wish BCS improve the durability and variety of their 1/6 bodies. I don’t want to end up with a 6’2” Troughton or McCoy!

Thanks for the info. I hope BCS can offer a solution, but if not, at least the problem is just on the back of the head.

Not sure about what shorter bodies to use, sorry. I think I recall Kaustic Plastic used to offer a few different body types and heights, but I’m not sure of model numbers or neck-socket compatibility. You’d probably be looking for a body that’s about 10 to 10.5 inches tall.

At this price point, I do wish BCS improve the durability and variety of their 1/6 bodies. I don’t want to end up with a 6’2” Troughton or McCoy!

Hartnell and Watson figures are on a shorter body. So they do have one in their repertoire. I can't imagine why they didn't use it on this release.

Hartnell and Watson figures are on a shorter body. So they do have one in their repertoire. I can't imagine why they didn't use it on this release.

Fair point... I'd not really noticed but the Hartnell figure is a bit shorter! It is odd they went with the taller body for John Hurt. I hope they don't make the same mistake with the other Doctors!

War is just a little taller than 9 it looks like. Which is very odd. Still, the sculpt and paint job is some of this companies best. So I'm not going to complain.

Delivery rescheduled for Monday. I’ve been waiting this long so I guess 3 more days won’t matter too much.

:)crying)

In real life Hurt was practically the same height as Hartnell (I think Hartnell was a centimetre or two shorter, but close enough) so it is a very odd decision to not reuse the shorter body that they used on the First Doctor figure. Particularly when quite a few Doctors should be using that shorter buck.

I now wonder if McGann is going to be too tall as well when he comes out in a couple of months (he should be about the same height as Hartnell and Hurt, as should be Troughton), or worse still, if we'll eventually get a six foot tall Sylvester McCoy (easily the shortest Doctor of all, until Jodie Whittaker came along) if/when they finally get around to doing the Seventh Doctor!

The Eccleston figure is the opposite. He’s too short. Lol

Scale is important to 1:6 collectors. I’d like to see more attention paid in this area.

Hmmm... it seems like a body-swap between the Eccleston and Hurt figures might be order... but the necks are incompatible. Too bad!

This might be a good replacement body for Eccleston:

f29179fc26f43bed1bc2b1e748b64328.jpg

My short review

The bad:

His legs are freakishly long. Far too tall.

The good:

Everything else. The sculpt, the paint work, the costume, the hands, the accessories, the body is tight. Best figure from BCS to date.

34a6f0c06a9e71d87f71dfee5d5eedb2.jpg
981e3d9e1b23faf4e08b5257cc99909a.jpg

^ Congrats pixletwin and nice pics! That's a pretty fair review I'd say! He is definitely one of their best figures to date - in fact he may have just overtaken Hartnell as my favourite BCS Who figure :)

Back