Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - War Doctor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to prove me wrong (a bit) Big Chief just made an announcement on the first launchpad release, which will be the Parker and Penelope set launching this friday the 9th. :lol

Hopefully the Thirteenth Doctor and Bond won't be too far behind...

With the BBC running scared with their 13th Doctor, I would not move forward on this figure.
First, terrified of loosing a Saturday night ratings battle, the show is given a Sunday night slot.
The Christmas Day slot is canceled in favor of a New Year’s Day slot.
A 2019 season is shelved with an excuse that it can’t be made in time !!!

BCS would be taking a big risk on the 13th.

With the BBC running scared with their 13th Doctor, I would not move forward on this figure.
First, terrified of loosing a Saturday night ratings battle, the show is given a Sunday night slot.

1) So far this new series is averaging 8 million viewers. Thats tue highest since series 5. Why you should think the beeb is terrified about anything is beyond me.
2) There will be a Christmas special, uk tabloids not withstanding.
3) I haven’t seen it confirmed anywhere that series 12 has been shelved.

Bring on 13.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know how true it is but I heard they had run out of 'Christmas' ideas so they chose to move it to New Years Day instead :huh It's the BBC so who knows! Seen conflicting things about the next series too, some reports say a hiatus until 2020, others say filming preparing is underway, so it's anyone's guess atm.

Might not matter either way to me though tbh, if the episodes and writing don't improve this may well be the first Christmas Special (and new series) that I sit out until the next regeneration. Still I would love to see how the new show would fare in the more traditional Saturday night slot :)

Figure should be a decent seller I would think, fanbase seems equally split on her from what I've seen/read. If 13 is going to be one of the launchpad releases I would think there'd be enough interest to get it made. Anyway, part of me wants it to do well because I want the line to continue and most importantly of all...I need my Second Doctor figure! :panic:

Finally can post my war doctor here ( have him since last week but with the board migration i couldnt find this forum ).

I must say its a fantastic figure. The paint job on the face and the hands is just incredible, with so much details on them. The clothes fit perfectly, there is nothing too baggy or that need adjusting. The accesories are just amazing, the paint on the riffle is really good, and the moment is just a amazing recreation of what you can see on the episode.

But it also comes with usual issues : He is just too tall ! The leg are so long that sometimes you cant even give him a proper pose because he doesnt look with his legs longer than Amy's ones.
The likeness is not perfect either, from a far and from the sides everything is fine, but upclose and from the front its a bit less good.
More accessories would of been also nice, like a cup of tea and some broken daleks parts.
Also the cracks in the hair are not that much annoying, you can see one or two but its still look fine.

Even with the few issues its still an incredible figure that look very very good.

9uuBrB.jpgZXvTPo.jpgLH9uA3.jpg
bvIPFL.jpg
jZsoDT.jpg
582hQz.jpg

wiE22r.jpg

Kjo4yb.jpg
P7uNq0.jpg

Got a detolf to expose my doctor who figure so here are some pics. I'am making a bag to hold the moment, si thats why war is in a weird pose ^^

QHAecp.jpg
WlqOEk.jpg
uy7Oqb.jpg

Back