Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - War Doctor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone who can't find a Marty McFly body. I found this ZCWO that is just about the right height. I'm using it on my Spider-man. He is a size comparison with 1 to give you an idea.

kCmoefu.jpg

Not personally liking how the bottom of the pants look, post customising. They look rather rough to me. I take it you cut a bit off of them to make the length fit?

Unless you were going for a distressed look (which is justifiable), I would have tried to hem the ends instead, personally, for a cleaner look. But to each their own. It's nice to see him closer to his proper height, anyway. Hopefully they won't give us crazy tall versions of Troughton, McCoy and the upcoming McGann. :)

Not personally liking how the bottom of the pants look, post customising. They look rather rough to me. I take it you cut a bit off of them to make the length fit?

Unless you were going for a distressed look (which is justifiable), I would have tried to hem the ends instead, personally, for a cleaner look. But to each their own. It's nice to see him closer to his proper height, anyway. Hopefully they won't give us crazy tall versions of Troughton, McCoy and the upcoming McGann. :)

I cut the pants but I have thought about hemming in the leg bracers. When I have time maybe. But yeah, I would find it super annoying if I had to do this everytime they released a short character on a tall body. :panic:

By the way, reading it back my post came across a little blunter/ruder than intended, so sorry about that. Thanks for sharing your efforts with us.

For anybody looking for a shorter Big Chief Studios body, Toy Anxiety has parted out Odd Job (from James Bond), and he appears to be about about one-third-of-an-inch shorter than the other James Bond figures. They have photos of the figure bodies next to a ruler. When I compare it to photos of James Bond's and Blofeld's bodies, Odd Job is shorter. The skin tone is much darker, but will be completely covered by the War Doctor's clothes, so I don't need to worry about a flesh tone match.

I took a chance and ordered a body for my own War Doctor adjustment. Odd-Job's fore-arms and shins are indeed shorter.but his chest and shoulders are burlier than I'd like to see, making his shirt quite snug. I was still able to get the shirt, vest, and coat on though. The head joint was a bit loose, but the scarf holds it in place quite well. I won't have time to finish it til this weekend.

My only issue now is getting the boots and gaiters on. One of the War-Doctor's foot pegs came out of the leg and is stuck inside the boot. I need to either get that pulled out of the boot, or pull OddJob's foot joints out of their legs to do the swap. I think it would be safer to pull the peg out of the Doctor's boot. The joint stem may be too long for the new leg, given how much shorter his shins are. I'm just worried about the ball joint breaking off inside the boot.

I think I'm going to superglue the peg back into the War-Doctor's body, then try to pull the boot off the joint after it dries. Hopefully that will work.

Sideshow finally got their allotment of War Doctors in so I got mine last week. The head sculpt is great on this, nice surprise considering I got the 10th the week before this one. Just got him moved over to the Marty body with a few challenges but so far so good. Only change left I might make is shortening the gaters 1/4inch. I did not cut the pants I rolled them in 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch and ironed them flat. I would recommend ripping the hem out first if you do so. Overall I’m real happy with this BCS release. Looking forward to the 8th showing up.
E808478B-6C2D-49CC-9098-3405674C848D.jpg

I agree, War Doctor is great. Congrats. I had to get Ten repainted, as I couldn't stand the factory paints on him, but the underlying sculpt is quite good, so it was well worth doing. Very happy with mine now.

As for Eight, he's appatently been delayed again, as Big Chief allegedly change factories again. So when we'll finally see him, who knows, eh? Who nose...

I agree, War Doctor is great. Congrats. I had to get Ten repainted, as I couldn't stand the factory paints on him, but the underlying sculpt is quite good, so it was well worth doing. Very happy with mine now.

As for Eight, he's appatently been delayed again, as Big Chief allegedly change factories again. So when we'll finally see him, who knows, eh? Who nose...
Do you have a picture yet? I'd love to see how it looks...maybe push me to repaint mine finally.

Thanks guys! Wasn't even planning on getting him. I just saw the deal and couldn't pass up the price so I jumped on it.

I was looking at the top shelf line up of my Who figures earlier. I have to say that (it might just be the pose I used) this figure stands out as looking the most natural.
The outfit hangs really well, and the figure holds a pose with style.

Glad you got one, and glad you like it Shadow.

Decided to pull the trigger on this figure for a great deal and price at $115 from Ebay. Also used my ebay rewards to bring it down to $76 bucks plus shipping.

I love this figure, but having paid full price and reading about all these amazing deals people are getting for it, I’m starting to feel a bit ill!

I guess that’s what it means to be “green with envy”! ;)

Back