Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #12 Peter Capaldi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Capaldi sits next to me here in my studio where I paint. Customised glasses that stick into his head with tiny metal spikes, custom one piece head (made from the BCS one), and although I don't get much time to work on them but I'm in the process of replacing my TARDIS's windows. Frames made of wood which are then moulded and cast in resin to keep the wood grain, painted white, with 4 layers of plastic behind to give the correct appearance. Looks good when lit up too, with the proper tint on the 'T'.

I'll get around to all of then sooner or later lol. Damn commissions :lol

I love how many of us have him in pretty much the same pose haha

IMG_20180307_104906.jpg

This Capaldi sits next to me here in my studio where I paint. Customised glasses that stick into his head with tiny metal spikes, custom one piece head (made from the BCS one), and although I don't get much time to work on them but I'm in the process of replacing my TARDIS's windows. Frames made of wood which are then moulded and cast in resin to keep the wood grain, painted white, with 4 layers of plastic behind to give the correct appearance. Looks good when lit up too, with the proper tint on the 'T'.

I'll get around to all of then sooner or later lol. Damn commissions :lol

I love how many of us have him in pretty much the same pose haha

View attachment 397885

This is just all kinds of awesome!! :rock :rock :clap

The glasses look way better with the legs cut back.
And not having that neck seam.. awesome difference to the figure.

And yes, the Rock Doc is the definitely the way to go with Capaldi. Fortunately all the extras were easy to come by.
Right, time to try to work on those glasses....

Can anyone recommend a decent third-party jacket that looks Capaldi-ish?

I am using my spare head to make a rock doctor. I got the guitar, the trousers recommended earlier on this thread, and a standard hoodie and tee. The jacket doesn't have to be perfect - as long as it seems vaguely the right colour and style I will be happy. I've been trawling toy anxiety, ebay, and etsy, but I'm having trouble even finding a three button dress jacket, or anything longer than a standard suit jacket but shorter than the standard trench coat.

^ Yep I'm having a similar problem, I can't find anything suitable for my custom 'rock doctor' either. :(

Yes...but in order to get both sonics i have to purchase the 12th dr alternate head sculpt and the wee tardis...which i don't need as i already have them...
BC never like to make things easy:gah:

I’m glad I held off getting the mini Tardis now. I have a 12 head already but will mod one so the sunglasses have a better fit and maybe a one piece neck.

The sonics are great. All of their 1:6 Sonics have been well done , and this design has been handled really well.
The glasses, (as I type I don’t have my figures in front of me) I think are very similar to the ones that came with the 2nd 10: the closed set was a neat idea.
I used the open set on my rock Doctor and gave him one of the Sonics. The other sonic I put on Clara’s capable hands.

I’ve just ordered a third Capaldi Head. I recently got another CO spacesuit (boxed figure) that I’ll build onto a Hot Toys TT to create a 12th Doctor in spacesuit.
Now I’m chasing a third spacesuit and a spare head from the second release of BC 10. Then I’ll have the hat trick.

Glasses : definitely a new set :
F1A76478-9FBF-44E1-8E71-649F42CCB7AF.jpeg

Back