Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #12 Peter Capaldi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
32f7721cad7c69ef2fa6bcf8ed04ed8a.jpg

I really wish more heads would have necks. Your picture highlights how a unified head/neck really accents the likeness of a sculpt.

Hi there,

I've just purchased the regeneration 12th Doctor head as although I couldn't afford a full figure I could afford to have a go at a 'build your own'. Does anyone know of a suitable thin body I can used to go with it? As you know most companies bodies have super hero proportions and Capaldi is anything but. :rotfl

I have a second space suited Tennant figure and was thinking of using that, but I remember somebody on the boards saying it's very difficult to remove the head without damaging it. Anyone know any tricks/had any issues?

Hi there,

I've just purchased the regeneration 12th Doctor head as although I couldn't afford a full figure I could afford to have a go at a 'build your own'. Does anyone know of a suitable thin body I can used to go with it? As you know most companies bodies have super hero proportions and Capaldi is anything but. :rotfl

I have a second space suited Tennant figure and was thinking of using that, but I remember somebody on the boards saying it's very difficult to remove the head without damaging it. Anyone know any tricks/had any issues?

Try the Threezero Rick Grimes body.

^ Excellent pics! :clap My favourite Doctor. Reminds me I really must put together my custom Twelve figure at some point! :lol

^ Excellent pics! :clap My favourite Doctor. Reminds me I really must put together my custom Twelve figure at some point! :lol
:duff
Did you snip off part of the glasses? Mine were crumbled right out of the pack, but I just received my replacements yesterday.. I am scared to take them out for fear that they will crumble.
Yes i shortened the arms as they're too long and don't fit properly. It's my one gripe with this set and the ones that came with the 10th dr. And if you try and force them on the arms snap off.....and yes silly old me made that mistake:(
The glasses that came with the 1st and 11th drs are far better executed and fit great.

The second-hand price for this figure shows how well-received it was. For me, this remains one of Big Chief's best.

Having a set of those trousers I know how massively baggy they were/are. You did a really great job at re-tailoring them, too. Any tips you might care to share?

They're tricky enough to get to look right. I narrowed them by stitching down along the inner and outer of both legs...around a couple of mm on both sides.

You can use the the BC 12th Dr pants as i guide..

They're tricky enough to get to look right. I narrowed them by stitching down along the inner and outer of both legs...around a couple of mm on both sides.

You can use the the BC 12th Dr pants as i guide..

Cheers.

Back