Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #12 Peter Capaldi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like them in real life. Any over-lit close-up photo is going to destroy the detail and subtlety of the paint of any figure.

to be honest im more concerned about the fact the bodies are floppy at the thigh swivel and BCS seem to know and dont care or care but have no way to fix it. when a over $200 figure is all floppy as hell when you lightly pick it up or shake it, it does not inspire good feelings.

if it wasnt for my massive love for doc who i honestly wouldn't have purchased another after the first one i got. i have 10(first ver), 11(first ver), 4 and 12. out of all those there is only one leg that is solid. seriously.

Yeah no kidding about the floppiness! My original Ten fell off a shelf a while back because of that, and broke that middle leg joint at the hip. I was able to repair it and it is just as poseable as before, but it's definitely something I try to be extra careful about now with my other BCS figures.

I went with the series 9 look for my 12

20151203_212524_zpshvqejjj7.jpg

Thanks! I am too.

I didn't realize how horrible that picture was when I posted it on my phone last night.

Ha! Oh, it's not bad at all. But I've definitely been there before. The tiny phone screen can hide many sins! :D

Wow that hoodie 12 is pretty fab.... almost has me concinved to get one... but i'm still holding out for a great series 9 or 10 version. :pray:

BCS needs to work on their eyes, they look doll-like instead of lifelike.

Not sure if that was in reference to the pic I took, but, just in case, that was a macro in direct sunlight to better show the hair paint. Doubt the eyes on many figs would look good like that. When I walk by the shelf he's on I always stop and take a look because of the scary Capaldi eyes. I feel bad my pic undersold him now :p

To try and redeem my previous post, so here is a quick pic of the fig after a 'sleeve redress' (and man, getting those sleeves out was not easy, but thank you online fans for helping me out). It's not the best photo because where the figs are temporarily displayed is a bit dark ... and, yes, one day I'll take that protective plastic off the stands, once I live somewhere long term and have some lovely detolfs and LEDs. All my dreams of future home stability revolve around 'and then, on that hallowed day, I'll get my detolfs, and ...'

028a.jpg

I had the hoody look, but after the last episode, I had to go for the melancholy look from the diner.

Of course, he can revert back to rocking Doctor ...

Last edited:
Nice shot and collection jimminy:clap

There's a brown suit Tennant too but he's just off camera, waving his hands about near Hartnell :p Wanted to capture that Capaldi intensity. Can't wait til I can get them all in a dust-proof case and under lights ... and when those TARDII come! Endless cool posing options.

One BCS thing I'd really love to have that I don't is the Weeping Angel pair. We'll see if there are any left at the end of Feb when the casual university work starts up again here.

I love seeing all the customs people come up with, like DVD1's Capaldi, just above. I'm not skilled/brave enough to set TARDIS co-ordinates for the custom zone yet! It's great looking at all the amazing and ingenious things people can do with these figs.

It's a great figure to mess about with.
I hadn't noticed the back pack when j first watched the episode, so....
I played around with magazine, and the TARDIS backdrop.

And this is where he ended up being displayed.

And with the others...

Last edited:
Back