Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #12 Peter Capaldi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your only saying that there is an ugly side to their fandom, because you yourself have been banned from their Facebook fan page , and have taken it join yourself every chance you get to , misquote and slag them off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

None of that is true.

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm very pleased with this guy to be sure.

Got mine today. How the hell do you get a wrist peg in that tiny hole in the miniature TARDIS to attach the hand? I assume that's what you're meant to do anyway :lol

It seems to slot in pretty easily on mine. It's a decently tight fit, but it goes in pretty easy and comes out with the help of some tweezers.

It seems to slot in pretty easily on mine. It's a decently tight fit, but it goes in pretty easy and comes out with the help of some tweezers.

Do you mind sharing the measurement for the shrunken TARDIS? i.e. the length and width :) I didn't manage to get one, so I was thinking of making one myself.

dont think i got one either. submitted a support ticket and emailed asking but no response other than a fedex shipping notification so i guess thats a no. :p

can anyone explain why they do this incentive for first 500 orders? why are those first orders so important they include an extra accessory? why not include that with all orders to encourage more to order? why not make the fig as best as possible with all the accessories? it makes no sense to me to play favorites with the first 500 orders.

dont think i got one either. submitted a support ticket and emailed asking but no response other than a fedex shipping notification so i guess thats a no. :p

You can call them directly through their hotline. It's the fastest and surest way to contact them :) I'm hoping they'd have it available for purchase in the near future like Handles for Eleventh.

You can call them directly through their hotline. It's the fastest and surest way to contact them :) I'm hoping they'd have it available for purchase in the near future like Handles for Eleventh.

thks :) but no need just got a email response, so i have asked again bout mini tardis. if i didn't get will ask if they will sell separate eventually.

Love 12! I did do a total redress of 12 and he looks great that way. Haven't done it to 10 but he might not need it. Body is tight, thankfully. Stands stay together but just barely. I wish I had a second open left hand. I love it on Capaldi but also love it as the "Walking"'hand with the TARDIS. Still, the "giving Clara the sonic" pose is also fun.

Fantastic photos!! :rock I love this figure!!

Also, here's a pic of mine...wanted to go for a hands in pockets look, but it was way too hard to pull off.

22531650737_5e39d48b7f_z.jpg

Also, here's a pic of mine...wanted to go for a hands in pockets look, but it was way too hard to pull off.

Nice! Hands in pockets pose just wouldn't work for me either! :lol Gave up and went with the clasped hands pose instead - for now at least!

Which figure do people who have both figures prefer - Capaldi or Ten?

It's a funny thing because in terms of outfit and just stuff, Ten should seem like much better value for funny, but the sculpt is way-off and things like the various glasses not fitting are both big disappointments. So I guess it has to be Twelve. Sure his little outfit isn't entirely screen-accurate, but the sculpt is absolutely dead on and even with the magnet problem his coat is just what I've been waiting for and that makes up for everything else.

Do you mind sharing the measurement for the shrunken TARDIS? i.e. the length and width :) I didn't manage to get one, so I was thinking of making one myself.

Sure! W: 7/8 inch H: 1 13/16 inches It's pretty small!

can anyone explain why they do this incentive for first 500 orders? why are those first orders so important they include an extra accessory? why not include that with all orders to encourage more to order? why not make the fig as best as possible with all the accessories? it makes no sense to me to play favorites with the first 500 orders.

I don't know for sure, but likely the same reason anyone ever puts incentives in for ordering early.... they want you to order early. That gets cash coming in either in lump payments or payment plans and they can get a better idea of how quickly something will sell. Cash coming in is always good for a business. The reason they have the extras at all is to incentivize people to order direct from them, where they make better margin because they cut out the middle man.

I gave up on it and just put the console background in :lol

Hmm... it really shouldn't be difficult at all unless your hole was just too small? Maybe it was cut wrong? The peg should slide right in easy enough. The ball doesn't go in, of course. Just the main peg. And it has some play in and out so you can attach hands more easily.

For me, Capaldi. Maybe because we've already had a 10 and I'm excited to have the new Doctor, but overall I think he's just a tad more impressive/fun.

Hmm... it really shouldn't be difficult at all unless your hole was just too small? Maybe it was cut wrong? The peg should slide right in easy enough. The ball doesn't go in, of course. Just the main peg. And it has some play in and out so you can attach hands more easily.

Yeah, I think my hole is just too tight for the peg to slide in...

We're still talking about the TARDIS, right? :lol

This one wasn't limited to the first 500 orders. To get the shrunken Tardis you had to (a) preorder and (b) either pay in full at the time of order or set up a payment plan and play in installments at the time of order.

If you met those two criteria you should have got it and I would contact them.

It was the same criteria for the last 11 release, the current 10 release and both Tardis's (Tardai?) that are currently on preorder. It's only with the recent 9 preorder they have thrown in the first 500 orders thing presumably to encourage earlier ordering given they still have stock of both 10, 11 and 12.

If you qualify for the preorder bonus it shows up on you order screen (after the order has been placed) as a separate item, but I've heard of qualifying orders which glitched and didn't show up. So check your orders and contact BCS if there is a problem.

I have to say that I'm getting fed up now. My order page stated that 10th and 12th were shipping on 2nd Nov with 24hr delivery ... Excuse me a cruel chuckle!
10th got a tracking code and eventually left the depot on the 6th, arriving in Scotland on the 9th.
12th still has no tracking code, and I have no idea if it's even left their warehouse.

All said, I am liking what I'm seeing in the pics though, and hope to have this cool looking Doctor on my shelf some day.

I have to say that I'm getting fed up now. My order page stated that 10th and 12th were shipping on 2nd Nov with 24hr delivery ... Excuse me a cruel chuckle!
10th got a tracking code and eventually left the depot on the 6th, arriving in Scotland on the 9th.
12th still has no tracking code, and I have no idea if it's even left their warehouse.

All said, I am liking what I'm seeing in the pics though, and hope to have this cool looking Doctor on my shelf some day.

Yeah, they totally botched the shipping showing shipped dates that never happened. Not really good enough considering the high cost imo. Something for them to work on going forward as high cost plus delays and lack of or incorrect information for that shipping leaves a sour taste.

It's a funny thing because in terms of outfit and just stuff, Ten should seem like much better value for funny, but the sculpt is way-off and things like the various glasses not fitting are both big disappointments. So I guess it has to be Twelve. Sure his little outfit isn't entirely screen-accurate, but the sculpt is absolutely dead on and even with the magnet problem his coat is just what I've been waiting for and that makes up for everything else.

Yeah, it's a shame that I have no interest in the Twelfth Doctor (I'm not a Capaldi fan) because it has looked good in people's pictures. Someone up thread said it looked 'sharp on the shelf' which it does appear to.

I'll tell you when my Ten finishes his extended holiday in Dubai (after having already spent a couple of days in France) and finally decides to make his way down here like he's supposed to... :lol

Back