Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #12 Peter Capaldi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's more a kids show than an adult show that's for sure. As it should be.

When it started it was a kids show, like a lot of great entertainment aimed at children, it transcended at times. NuWho, I would argue, has NEVER been a kids show (until now) but appealed to a wide demographic.

Someone needs to make a graph.

Kiddie Shows: K-9 and company/Sarah Jane Adventures....... Family Show: Doctor Who...... Adult (or the tween vision of "adult"): Torchwood :lol

I love how you had to change your words a wee bit around to say family show, while technically it isn't a kids show it isn't a adult show like Torchwood some of those themes oh my! Its like Baywatch nights ;)

When it started it was a kids show, like a lot of great entertainment aimed at children, it transcended at times. NuWho, I would argue, has NEVER been a kids show (until now) but appealed to a wide demographic.

I would say that the view that NuWho wasn't ever a kid's show would be a minority one. All of the BBC America specials in recent times not to mention a bunch of articles talked about how for a kid's show it had very adult themes as well as accusations of it being too scary for kids now. Nine had episodes that had kid like qualities but I would say that was shooting wider. Tennant had more than a few kid styled episodes and Smith was about as kid friendly a Doctor as NuWho has had. There were even more interactions with kids than adults if they were around since the beginning of his run. I think through Tennant and Smith it was a kid's show the way that Harry Potter is a kid's book, a target audience that overreached and hit way past that. Capaldi though is definitely a weird mix of a more adult Doctor and some more adult themes but mixed in with a lot of a kids and even some kid styling.

I actually thought this season overall was the least kid friendly so far and this doctor is much less kiddy friendly and likeable (in comparison to Tennant and Smith) ?

I love how you had to change your words a wee bit around to say family show, while technically it isn't a kids show it isn't a adult show like Torchwood some of those themes oh my! Its like Baywatch nights ;)

Is it really that hard to grasp?

Kids show = For kids.
Family show = For all ages.

I am not speaking in code or double speak here and it isn't so subtle that it should be this difficult to grasp.

Is it really that hard to grasp?

Kids show = For kids.
Family show = For all ages.

I am not speaking in code or double speak here and it isn't so subtle that it should be this difficult to grasp.

Did you just read the lasts posts? I think I'll listen to the guy who has a actual doctor for his avatar and agree with his farting video sorry, but to end this debate the show is a lot better than other things on tv we can at least agree on that? otherwise we wouldn't be in this thread in the first place, right?

Personally I don't really care who it's 'suppose' to be aimed at as long as it's a decent quality show acted and scripted well I'll watch it and this Dr Who is certainly extremely well acted, Capaldi has really taken the character and made it his own and so far second only to David Tennant who has been (in my opinion) by far the best nu-who.

I thought Christopher Eccleston made a stirling performance to revitlise the Dr Who franchise and it went from strenght to strength all the way through to the point Matt Smith took over, who I personally thought was a terrible Dr and was glad to see the back of.

Regarding this season as a whole I found it a little hit and miss Clara who I really liked as a companion started getting a bit annoying, the missing girl appearing from the bushes the "In the Forest of the Night" episode was just stupid and the 2 part finale started with promise but ultimatly was rubbish. Childeren/people can suspend their disbelief up to a point but when things go to far it just becomes silly and smacks of lazy writing and like a few people have said I think Moffat should have a lot less input.

I actually thought this season overall was the least kid friendly so far and this doctor is much less kiddy friendly and likeable (in comparison to Tennant and Smith) ?

Then why are there children in every single episode?

I hate kids.

Anyway - why has no one shared Gregg's great new paint up of Capaldi?

10383029_10205104920523182_114364980929371631_n.jpg

It's from Gregg's Facebook. I always have a little wariness in sharing something someone posts to their personal Facebook. I just never know for sure if it's kosher. LOL. But it does look AMAZING.

I didn't share it because I didn't get his permission to share it. :lecture

But yes. The sculpt and paint apps on it are amazing. :rock

The prototypes always look amazing. Sadly it what the factories get up to when processing it that can be the killer. :(

I mean look at Tom. Lovely proto and yet we got captain long face.

Last edited:
Back