Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #12 Peter Capaldi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_neqccun8az1qijoeyo1_500.jpg
I wanna talk about this episode sooooo bad, especially ideas for possible new figures and other things.......

I watched it today. I held off on ep 11 to watch te two as a big movie.
I was reeling from the Missy reveal so much that I found this finale to be so underwhelming. The plot was almost pointless. What they do with the Cybermen.... Far too Iron Man for me.
The premise was good, even it had in essence been done before, and better.

And as if the episode wasnt bad enough, they add insult injury with the post credit scene.

I am seriously thinking of giving this show a pass.

I wanna talk about this episode sooooo bad, especially ideas for possible new figures and other things.......

If they go with the new Cyberman for looks, a switch-out portrait head exclusive would be an awesome addition.

I watched it today. I held off on ep 11 to watch te two as a big movie.
I was reeling from the Missy reveal so much that I found this finale to be so underwhelming. The plot was almost pointless. What they do with the Cybermen.... Far too Iron Man for me.
The premise was good, even it had in essence been done before, and better.

And as if the episode wasnt bad enough, they add insult injury with the post credit scene.

I am seriously thinking of giving this show a pass.

I always blame Maffet but as you said the missy reveal was so good that anything like that couldn't live up to it, but the season as a whole I've enjoyed more than a any of the ponds storys but thats just my opinion, I was tired of the soap opera story lines.

If they go with the new Cyberman for looks, a switch-out portrait head exclusive would be an awesome addition.

You read my mind, but no spoilers :wink1: I would get one if the alternate headsculpt was done really good. :D damn love is a powerful feeling, once everyone has seen the episode I would also like to talk about the coordinates if ya get my drift :wink1:

I've essentially enjoyed each season better than the last one with the new-Who era.
Only time I really thought they lost it was the season 4 finale.
Capaldi himself I think blows Smith and Tennant away .... and I say that as a fan of those two actors portrayal!

A bit OT, but my most wanted cyberman is the Tenth Planet version. I love the cloth masks. They are like death shrouds.

I'd love a Tenth Cyberman. I also would love a Missy, actually.

Personally I've found this season probably the most consistently enjoyable since the show came back. However I didn't much enjoy this week's finale, personally. It just seemed to suffer from all of the worst excesses of both the RTD and Moffat eras, with few of the benefits of either. So a disappointing end to a quite enjoyable season in my mind. But plenty enjoyed it, and that's fine too. In fact I only wish I had been one of them.

Capaldi has been great throughout though, and next year, when the writers are writing directly for his version of The Doctor, after now having experienced how he portrays the character, and getting a proper feel for what he's capable of, I suspect that's when his era will really start coming into its own.

Oh, and Tenth Planet Cybermen would be awesome. But just like the Daleks, I'll buy any version they make.

Personally I've found this season probably the most consistently enjoyable since the show came back. However I didn't much enjoy this week's finale, personally. It just seemed to suffer from all of the worst excesses of both the RTD and Moffat eras, with few of the benefits of either. So a disappointing end to a quite enjoyable season in my mind. But plenty enjoyed it, and that's fine too. In fact I only wish I had been one of them.

Capaldi has been great throughout though, and next year, when the writers are writing directly for his version of The Doctor, after now having experienced how he portrays the character, and getting a proper feel for what he's capable of, I suspect that's when his era will really start coming into its own.

Oh, and Tenth Planet Cybermen would be awesome. But just like the Daleks, I'll buy any version they make.

Exactly I think that is the most best review of this season I have read, I still think Capaldi is my fav. doctor since Tennant but this season got me excited for doctor who again, as I said I was really tired of the soap opera storylines of Moffat, so this season was very refreshing for me, the finale eh, but maybe the Christmas episode will wrap up the season nicely.

Totally agree with everything ....
....though with every season essentially ending with the same big bang finish, I liked the twist and the weirdness of the ending.

*Edited to remove spoilers*

Hmm, I'm exactly the opposite - I've not liked the majority of the season - too much trying to appeal to kids. I thought Missy was obvious from the very start of the season, but I liked the finale a lot.

Hmm, I'm exactly the opposite - I've not liked the majority of the season - too much trying to appeal to kids. I thought Missy was obvious from the very start of the season, but I liked the finale a lot.

Well isn't Doctor Who originally a kids show? And well I didn't know who Missy was its been a while since we've seen that "character" so :pfft: :monkey3

I guess you could say that was a kiddie story.. but I don't think even kiddies were watching the show anymore at that point. :lol

Watch Deadly Assassin and Happiness Patrol back to back and you wouldn't even know it was the same TV show. It boggles my mind that there are people out there who defend JNT's influence on the show.

I guess you could say that was a kiddie story.. but I don't think even kiddies were watching the show anymore at that point. :lol

Watch Deadly Assassin and Happiness Patrol back to back and you wouldn't even know it was the same TV show. It boggles my mind that there are people out there who defend JNT's influence on the show.

I know the content isn't for kids at times but I swear I read somewhere that it was for kids before the reboot, and don't they air the show on Sat. mornings? Like kids shows here in the states? Correct me if I'm wrong but I was always under the impression it was for kids at first.

EDIT: According to Wiki: "The programme was originally intended to appeal to a family audience,[10] as an educational programme using time travel as a means to explore scientific ideas and famous moments in history. "

It's more a kids show than an adult show that's for sure. As it should be.

Someone needs to make a graph.

Kiddie Shows: K-9 and company/Sarah Jane Adventures....... Family Show: Doctor Who...... Adult (or the tween vision of "adult"): Torchwood :lol

Back