Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #12 Peter Capaldi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xdueha5.jpg

With 11 and the TARDIS on order, it's gonna suck if this goes up for PO soon :lol

Two Things.

1: I preferred the burgundy shirt over all the others this series.
peter1-470530.jpg

2: If Big Chief Studios could calm the **** down on these pre-orders, they hit us with Eleven, the Four's head, then the Tardis and then the stetson Eleven head.

Two Things.

1: I preferred the burgundy shirt over all the others this series.
peter1-470530.jpg

2: If Big Chief Studios could calm the **** down on these pre-orders, they hit us with Eleven, the Four's head, then the Tardis and then the stetson Eleven head.

I'd prefer ANYTHING over that white shirt. I think I've said it before, but this is the most boring doctor's costume ever. Given the direction of the show this season, I'd have expected a more kidified outfit like Sylvester's with all the question marks.

Looks good so far...looks like I'll be parting with some more cash fairly soon!! :slap

Enough with the teasers - lets see the full reveal!! :impatient:

If Big Chief Studios could calm the **** down on these pre-orders, they hit us with Eleven, the Four's head, then the Tardis and then the stetson Eleven head.

Yeah it would be nice if they'd space these out a bit more. Of course I have no idea when this is actually going up, but Jesus, it was only a week ago that they put up the TARDIS and surprised us with the Stetson head for Smith.

And on top of that, who knows when the Tennant variant will suddenly pop up. Though personally I kind of hope they hold off on that for a few months now.

That said, I can understand why they'd want to get their version of the current Doctor out as soon as possible, as well. And with so many releases, hopefully that means they have found their groove between price and edition size, and are doing well enough that the future of many more Doctor Who releases to come is assured.

Still, I'd rather they service the Sherlock fans with Moriarty or Mycroft, give us Who fans a break for a short while. I mean I've already got six different Who related pre-orders with them now, so a little breather wouldn't go astray.

Yeah it would be nice if they'd space these out a bit more. Of course I have no idea when this is actually going up, but Jesus, it was only a week ago that they put up the TARDIS and surprised us with the Stetson head for Smith.

And on top of that, who knows when the Tennant variant will suddenly pop up. Though personally I kind of hope they hold off on that for a few months now.

That said, I can understand why they'd want to get their version of the current Doctor out as soon as possible, as well. And with so many releases, hopefully that means they have found their groove between price and edition size, and are doing well enough that the future of many more Doctor Who releases to come is assured.

Still, I'd rather they service the Sherlock fans with Moriarty or Mycroft, give us Who fans a break for a short while. I mean I've already got six different Who related pre-orders with them now, so a little breather wouldn't go astray.

I worry that the company may stop doing the 1/6th line all together, they have admitted that Dr.Who is a small market which why the releases have such a low number, its like to me at least they want to get these out before they are done. I hope I'm wrong but its like their license is done or something. Even Hot Toys or SS don't release stuff this fast.

I'm okay with them releasing a lot of pre-orders. Eventually that means a steady stream of figures, and hopefully more Classic Doctors, too. So far, there's really been no figure you HAVE to order immediately. So might as well get the pre-orders out there to get a steady stream going. If people can jump on the pre-order now, cool. If people have to wait, then they should be able to, too.

I'm okay with them releasing a lot of pre-orders. Eventually that means a steady stream of figures, and hopefully more Classic Doctors, too. So far, there's really been no figure you HAVE to order immediately. So might as well get the pre-orders out there to get a steady stream going. If people can jump on the pre-order now, cool. If people have to wait, then they should be able to, too.

That is a really good point, and I think you are right. Gotta stay positive, I hope they release all the doctors eventually.

Having lots of preorders is fine.
Even when you pay in full, using PayPal, the payment doesn't actually come off your account till the item is released.
The TARDIS, which I am coming around to slowly isn't out till June or July next year.
We should see the 1st Doctor this side of Christmas (I hope), the the new 11 in Feb/ March (hopefully).
Now, I had NO idea about the 11th Stetson head, so I'm just off to order that.

I worry that the company may stop doing the 1/6th line all together, they have admitted that Dr.Who is a small market which why the releases have such a low number, its like to me at least they want to get these out before they are done. I hope I'm wrong but its like their license is done or something. Even Hot Toys or SS don't release stuff this fast.

Pre-orders, not releases. Their release schedules are a bit behind. Weeping Angels - delayed, Hartnell - delayed, I guarantee you that of the mass of POs they've done that the Baker head and Smith heads will arrive on time and then the actual TARDIS and eventual Capaldi figures will delay.

A ton of pre-orders across a license has been done, HT did it in their Iron Man line a few times and their Batman line as well but delays always accompanied them there and they will here too. My wonder is if they've bit off more than they can chew and are trying to keep up with the Joneses. There are a lot of players in the 1:6 game especially with niche offerings and only so many dollars to stretch thin. Remember this went from widespread releases with Eleven to now being relatively straight from BCS itself, that's a big step backwards and so far they haven't really moved past that.

No figure that you have to pre-order right now isn't a good thing, usually it's a sign of a line hurting. Exclusives are supposed to move the lines fast and be desirable. It feels like the Signature Editions do that but their exclusives so far don't really. For companies like SSC or HT it's a hiccup, a sign that maybe a better exclusive needs to be offered but with a smaller company its a flag that things aren't taking off just yet.

I hope we get all the Doctors offered. At minimum I hope we get New Who biggies, namely Nine but I want a Clara, a Cyberman, a Dalek, a Vashta Nerada but I worry that this line will get cut off before it reaches its prime.

Pre-orders, not releases. Their release schedules are a bit behind. Weeping Angels - delayed, Hartnell - delayed, I guarantee you that of the mass of POs they've done that the Baker head and Smith heads will arrive on time and then the actual TARDIS and eventual Capaldi figures will delay.

A ton of pre-orders across a license has been done, HT did it in their Iron Man line a few times and their Batman line as well but delays always accompanied them there and they will here too. My wonder is if they've bit off more than they can chew and are trying to keep up with the Joneses. There are a lot of players in the 1:6 game especially with niche offerings and only so many dollars to stretch thin. Remember this went from widespread releases with Eleven to now being relatively straight from BCS itself, that's a big step backwards and so far they haven't really moved past that.

No figure that you have to pre-order right now isn't a good thing, usually it's a sign of a line hurting. Exclusives are supposed to move the lines fast and be desirable. It feels like the Signature Editions do that but their exclusives so far don't really. For companies like SSC or HT it's a hiccup, a sign that maybe a better exclusive needs to be offered but with a smaller company its a flag that things aren't taking off just yet.

I hope we get all the Doctors offered. At minimum I hope we get New Who biggies, namely Nine but I want a Clara, a Cyberman, a Dalek, a Vashta Nerada but I worry that this line will get cut off before it reaches its prime.

:drool Cyberman and Dalek oh mama :D

Back