Bethesda:Wolfenstein the New Order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre-ordered my copy (PS4) from Best Buy so it should be waiting for me when I get home. I'm just not sure when I'll get to play it.

I got a new SSD and moved my Steam files over to it and didn't get a chance to play it last night, I'll play it tonight.

I'm currently renting it for PS3 and if I do buy it I'll be waiting until I have a PS4. They didn't even try to optimize it for last-gen consoles, it runs at 60 FPS but the textures are a hideous blurry mess even after they pop in, which happens every single time you look at a new surface. A higher-res lower framerate option like the Bioshock games offered is desperately needed, 60 FPS is nice but hardly necessary for a singleplayer-only game if it compromises the visuals this much. I'm no graphics whore, but in this case it's so distracting I don't know if I'll bother finishing it. And this has been my most anticipated game for like a year.

I'm currently renting it for PS3 and if I do buy it I'll be waiting until I have a PS4. They didn't even try to optimize it for last-gen consoles, it runs at 60 FPS but the textures are a hideous blurry mess even after they pop in, which happens every single time you look at a new surface. A higher-res lower framerate option like the Bioshock games offered is desperately needed, 60 FPS is nice but hardly necessary for a singleplayer-only game if it compromises the visuals this much. I'm no graphics whore, but in this case it's so distracting I don't know if I'll bother finishing it. And this has been my most anticipated game for like a year.
Yeah I saw some footage online of the PS3 version and it hurt my feelings. Really nasty looking.

That sucks because IMO what I've seen in the PS4 version so far is very impressive. This is what the next gen visuals look like, and I can't wait to see what the future brings.

Played for a few hours. Its okay. Stealth is too easy because the enemy AI is really dumb. Character models are good, environment textures, not so much. I am looking forward to more playtime with it though.

Playing it maxed out on my PC. Game looks feels and handles really well... has that feel of the old Classic Wolf and RTCW. Enjoying it a lot so far!

this is probably the best game i've played for ps4 so far, its just one of those games you cant put down.

Man I dont know what console you guys are playing on but the PC on amped out settings is AMAZING! You can feel that the same guys who made Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay made this one...
Really really one of the best story driven shooters Ive played in some time.

Back