Bethesda:Wolfenstein the New Order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good. It's being developed out of house. That should mean Bethesda is working on the new Fallout in house.

I didn't bother with the Wolfenstein remake.

But oh man, did I spend hundreds and hundreds of hours on RTCW. For me, Beach is still the best multiplayer level of anything... ever.

Hitler and Hendrix ftw!
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEplYCYEDn8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

No multiplayer, just single player.

https://www.gamespot.com/news/no-multiplayer-in-new-wolfenstein-6408085

The upcoming Wolfenstein: The New Order from Bethesda and MachineGames will not include a multiplayer component, the studios have confirmed with GameSpot.

Instead, the current- and next-generation game will strictly be a single-player title, a responsibility MachineGames does not take lightly.

"It's such a huge part of video game legacy," creative director Jens Matthies told GameSpot in a new video preview. "If there's a video game museum, Wolfenstein is in the first room. It's the start of the wave that shaped the world of gaming."

"On a personal level, I played this when I was younger and it was mind-blowing," Matthies added. "I never then of course dreamed that I was going to be working with it. It's both an honor and a legacy."

Not all in the industry as are excited as Matthies is about the new Wolfenstein. Writing on Facebook, Deus Ex and Epic Mickey designer Warren Spector slammed the new game.

"Did the world really need another Wolfenstein game? Did we need a generically dark, monochromatic, FPS, kill-the-Nazi-giant-robot game? Uh. No. The world did not. I am so tired of stuff like this," he said. "Oh, and could we all just agree we'll never use the generic gravelly-whisper trailer voice guy ever again? And one more thing: Please stop using Jimi Hendrix to promote your adolescent male power fantasies."

Spector has since apologized for his comments.

In addition, GameSpot will have more coverage of the game tomorrow and Friday.

Hmmm., it might have a chance then. I don't think the world needs another online fps, but we could surely use more strong single player games.

Wolf3D was the first FPS I played. RTCW was awesome. I also had a lot of fun with Wolfenstein 09.

I wouldn't have guessed this was a new Wolf game from the screenshots. It reminds me of Killzone. :monkey4

Seems like the action will take us off world (Bethesda said "Earth and beyond"). Possibly Mars. Maybe we'll see Doomguy. :D

image_301332.jpg

This is throwing me off. I love Wolfenstein but it's sort of a period piece World War 2 shooter with an occult twist. This whole robot thing and stuff is really stretching it...

We'll see how it goes once more news comes out.

Back