Bethesda:Wolfenstein the New Order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I am playing this, the less open the levels are getting and there aren't many weapons. Game started off well but has gotten tedious. Another disappointing game to add to my list this year. Hope watchdogs doesn't make it on to the list too.

The more I am playing this, the less open the levels are getting and there aren't many weapons. Game started off well but has gotten tedious. Another disappointing game to add to my list this year. Hope watchdogs doesn't make it on to the list too.

Yeah I have to admit although I don't hate it, I'm not enjoying it as much as I would have hoped :(.

I really wish they had kept the over the top weapons and supernatural stuff in the game.

Bummer to hear, guys. I've finished level 1 and it was fun. Definitely not a open level design.....but frankly I am content with two guns...as long as they play well. Seems like the critic scores were fairly given for this game.

I'm kinda glad I've waited. I'm going to get this when it goes on sale, hopefully for the Steam Summer Sale.

I'm enjoying it. WHY? been a while anyway since I've played a shooter, and and old schooly dumb shooter at that. So it's fun for me.
Plus it will be an easy platinum lol
I'll 100% it.

Yeah I have to admit although I don't hate it, I'm not enjoying it as much as I would have hoped :(.

I really wish they had kept the over the top weapons and supernatural stuff in the game.

Personally, the supernatural stuff was my least favorite aspect of RTCW by far. But RTCW was really fun for lots of other reasons, reasons it seems this new one doesn't have.

I dont know, but I feel it is very faithful and a perfect successor to RTCW. This Game isnt about crazy BFG guns. Plus if you go stealth you really dont need crazy guns. Most of the levels can easily be cleared with minimum hassle using stealth. If you go crazy into a room with commanders in it they will obviously be able to alert others and bring more waves of soldiers.

I have about four chapters to go in the first timeline and I'm still enjoying it. That Anya sure is a saucy little minx. :lol

This is a FANTASTIC game. If you jumped off the Wolfenstein bandwagon with the oddly TOO supernatural "Wolfenstein", now is the time to get back on!

I've seen comparisons of this game to RAGE and let me tell you it takes what was BEST about RAGE (the game mechanics and graphics engine) and adds what RAGE completely lacked (a damn story) and puts it together in an awesome successor to "Return to Castle Wolfenstein". The game is a true "old school" shooter with enough depth and substance from the new school to keep it entertaining. Plus, most FPS fans who KNOW Wolfenstein and its legacy will definitely appreciate it. I love the little "Nightmare!" touches with playing old school Wolfenstein 3D! What's awesome too is that you can essentially dual wield almost every gun in the game too. Do you REALLY need to dual wield sniper rifles? Nah...but it's awesome anyways! The graphics are great as are the characters who vary from the blunt, driven hero BJ Blazkowicz to the fiendishly evil Nazi who even have some depth. This is really a MUST OWN for any FPS shooter fan and id software did a great job presenting a "What If?" scenario if the Nazis won WW2. There is a lot of work and care done into the game that sometimes you actually pause to think about how the world would have been different had this actually happened.

guys I really wanted this, negative reviews made me hold off, should I get it? Id love to play it stealth, ala dishonored, so if anyones played that and can give me an idea that'd be great…I'm looking for something more than go in, shoot endlessly, move on…if that makes sense..I love the story with the nazis, and would love some feedback..also are there difficulty settings that could make stealth harder? Thanks

. . . id software did a great job presenting a "What If?" scenario if the Nazis won WW2. There is a lot of work and care done into the game that sometimes you actually pause to think about how the world would have been different had this actually happened.

This is one of the things I wish they would've played up more. Maybe it's just that I'm not that familiar with European architecture but I was kind of expecting a "regular" world with Nazi flags draped over everything. It was just that I didn't recognize anything, so it didn't really click with me that this is what the world would've looked like had the Nazis won. I get that 15 years after the war ended, of course, the Nazis would've re-built things in their own way, so it's reasonable to say that you "shouldn't" be able to recognize anything, but the whole "the Nazis won the war" aspect of it didn't resonate with me. I still enjoyed the game, especially the penultimate chapter (no spoilers) and of course, the final boss was classic Wolfenstein, so that was nice.

guys I really wanted this, negative reviews made me hold off, should I get it? Id love to play it stealth, ala dishonored, so if anyones played that and can give me an idea that'd be great…I'm looking for something more than go in, shoot endlessly, move on…if that makes sense..I love the story with the nazis, and would love some feedback..also are there difficulty settings that could make stealth harder? Thanks
Most of the parts in the campaign need stealth unless you like to just mow down hordes of enemies. Stealth is a big part of the game, but again its your choice on how you want to approach it.
This is a better game than Dishonored in most counts.

Yeah, I am enjoying this game quite a bit. And of course love the bonus classic round...someone tell me the classic game is a fully unlock? love the modern controls within that classic game

You can't do stealth through the whole game, but you could pretty well do about half of it that way. It actually encourages it because if an officer catches you then they raise an alarm and call for reinforcements. So the option is to either stealth kill a few enemies or have to gun down a lot. As for making it harder, I don't think any of the difficulty options change stealth, the AI for stealth is actually pretty terrible, as long as they don't see you you're fine. You can kill a dog right behind a guy and have it making all kinds of noise but since he doesn't see you he doesn't know.

Back