Best live-action Batman movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best live-action Batman movie?

• Batman (1943)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batman (1966)

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Batman (1989)

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Batman Returns

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Batman Forever

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Batman & Robin

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Batman Begins

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • The Dark Knight

Votes: 60 44.1%
  • The Dark Knight Rises

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Votes: 11 8.1%

• Total voters
Good point, I'd forgotten that aspect of BB.

Yes B&R was horrendous but at least it was *knowing* self-parody. It gets points for its dialogue being composed of almost nothing but one-liners.

Would have liked to have seen the third in the Schumacher trilogy just to see what might have been (though not at the expense of the DK trilogy, of course).

I actually agree that B&R has redeeming value in just how unabashedly yet somehow knowingly bad it is, lol. And I agree with being curious to see "Batman Triumphant" by Schumacher. I'd love to see all those "what if" movies like that and Burton's Superman Lives and Miller's Justice League. Whedon's Wonder Woman? Nah, lol.

By far, Batman Begins.

(I was going to say Mask of the Phantasm until I noticed live-action.)

Can't believe that the dark knight rises has the same amount of votes as batman and robin :rotfl and yes tdk wins hands down. I prefer Affleck as a comic styled Batman but if we're talking quality of the film it has to be one of nolan's

What I cant believe is BvsS is even getting votes....

That film is the TLJ of the DC universe....

Totally out of character with killing people, Batfleck was awful and laughable.

The only Batmans that exist in my world are Nolan’s and Burtons. Unfortunately , Burtons bat’s is not aging well. I am a huge Burton fan for his designs and sets, but they are starting to look dated and campy.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I love Batman 89, and it has always been my go to batman movie. Nicholson was the perfect Joker and Keaton, despite the restrictive suit was Batman. But I had to get get my vote to the Dark Knight. That movie is the near perfect Batman. With the perfect line “Insanity is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.”

I love Batman 89, and it has always been my go to batman movie. Nicholson was the perfect Joker and Keaton, despite the restrictive suit was Batman. But I had to get get my vote to the Dark Knight. That movie is the near perfect Batman. With the perfect line “Insanity is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.”

Can't argue with that. One of the best lines in all of cinema in fact.

ydHvx44.jpg

I'd still get any and all HT figures if they ever happened.

I still have the Kenner ones. (Remember, the Burtonverse and Schumacherverse were all we had in the pre-Nolan, pre-Snyder era!)

bc03c109364dcbdf13f9ec3f879f091d.jpg

I'll take that as a compliment! :lol

Totally out of character with killing people, Batfleck was awful and laughable.

The only Batmans that exist in my world are Nolan’s and Burtons. Unfortunately , Burtons bat’s is not aging well. I am a huge Burton fan for his designs and sets, but they are starting to look dated and campy.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

:rotfl
why not
its just a question folks have answered
like it or not some people have different opinions
i voted bvs ,i like it , close tie with batman 43 ,nearest to the essence of the batman of the time period

43 bats
belligerent ,it his way or the highway
uses detective skills
uses acting skills and make up skills to go undercover
the bat stamp ,not to be confused with the bat brand :lol
two fisted brawler like bvs :lol
introduced the bats cave
and introduced the grandfather clock entrance to the bats cave
introduced skinny alfred
had a comic book age looking robin
i can over look the costuming and lack of budget because of what they did right

but after careful consideration had to give it to bvs to me its the best overall batman on screen

keaton bats killed in his crusade ,cant remember how the penguin died ,but i know keaton bats blew that big clown guy up :lol,

the bale batman is just as laughable to me
that bit on the roof with bale bats in the bb suit looking like barney the dinosaur:lol ,being shorter than gordon and dent :lol
bad batsuits :lol
batvoice :lol
fight scenes:lol

its just my opinion ,it doesn't invalidate yours, ,so whats it matter :duff

your mileage may vary :)

:lol thanks yeah you're probably right

but its ,in my opinion anyway ,well worth a watch ,if you can get past its limitations ,well that and the blatant tubthumping racist stereotypical depiction of dr daka :thud::)

as is the republic serial based on captain marvel ,shazam ,some of the model ,and stunt flying stuff still hold up today :)

Last edited:
89 was and will always be my favorite batman movie.

TDK is the best thing to ever happened to batman.

People giving BvS votes gives me very little hope for the world.

89 was and will always be my favorite batman movie.

TDK is the best thing to ever happened to batman.

People giving BvS votes gives me very little hope for the world.

I enjoyed BvS extended edition but justice league was a pile of turd. Except the bit near the start with batman in Gotham. I liked batfleck but it wasn't to be

Back