Best live-action Batman movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best live-action Batman movie?

• Batman (1943)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batman (1966)

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Batman (1989)

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Batman Returns

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Batman Forever

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Batman & Robin

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Batman Begins

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • The Dark Knight

Votes: 60 44.1%
  • The Dark Knight Rises

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Votes: 11 8.1%

• Total voters
thanks for the reply and for explaining your point of view :duff

i can see where your coming from , as the last thor movie and infinity wars sort of prove your point ,not that i'm in anyway describing them as " awful and mediocre films"and i wouldn't describe bvs that way either

as they upped the comedy element in thor ragnarok and that did well ,seems like they sprinkled infinity wars with some of the same stuff ,:dunno

not seen idiocracy but i bet someone a dc animation has :slap:lol

Someone really wanted to put all there weird fetishes in this movie.

Someone really wanted to put all there weird fetishes in this movie.

You know who.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Fun fact: It’s 27 years and a few days since Batman Returns was released and I’ve only now noticed Christopher Walken had the line “Unlimited p—-tang”!

This calls for a Palpatine GIF!

Fun fact: It’s 27 years and a few days since Batman Returns was released and I’ve only now noticed Christopher Walken had the line “Unlimited p—-tang”!

This calls for a Palpatine GIF!

That line always stood out to me and so did the line Penguin says about filling her void after he bites the guys nose.

That line always stood out to me and so did the line Penguin says about filling her void after he bites the guys nose.

Yeah, the void line always cracked up my buddy and I but somehow we both missed the p---tang line. He seems to be saying it with someone else talking over the top, as if Burton slipped it in surreptitiously (after all, it WAS supposed to be a kids' film).

Interesting if you look at the Poll dates, for most of time there was a new Batman only every 23 years up to '89... then there's a Bat-plosion of Bat-ploitation.

They're all flawed, that said:

Best of:

• Best Film: Batman Begins
  • Best Villain: The Dark Knight
  • Best Art Direction*: Batman '89 and Batman Returns
  • Best Batmobile: Batman '89 and Batman Returns
  • Best Catwoman: Batman Returns
  • Best Costume: Batman '89

*I'm including the overall style and tone of the film under the visual communication of Art Direction. Burton's Gothic Magical Realism suits capes very well.

Honourable mentions:

• Affleck's costume in BvS
  • Affleck's portrayal in BvS
  • Nostalgia: Batman '66
  • Batmobiles: Batman '66, BTAS, TNBA
  • One-liner: "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
  • Overall: Batman The Animated Series

I’ll have to say now, TDK Trilogy is the top for me (in sequential order of the films) with The Batman (2022) right after.

Best of:

*I'm including the overall style and tone of the film under the visual communication of Art Direction. Burton's Gothic Magical Realism suits capes very well.

Honourable mentions:

• Affleck's costume in BvS
  • Affleck's portrayal in BvS
  • Nostalgia: Batman '66
  • Batmobiles: Batman '66, BTAS, TNBA
  • One-liner: "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
  • Overall: Batman The Animated Series

Where would you put The Batman ZE? 😁

Best of:

I can agree with this, but would add The Batman and Batman '66 as honorable mentions in the costume category for being the only two Batmen who actually wore masks as opposed to sculpted busts on their heads. But nothing will ever (or could ever) top seeing that first modern Batman costume on Keaton in the pages of Newsweek magazine back in '89.

I can agree with this, but would add The Batman and Batman '66 as honorable mentions in the costume category for being the only two Batmen who actually wore masks as opposed to sculpted busts on their heads. But nothing will ever (or could ever) top seeing that first modern Batman costume on Keaton in the pages of Newsweek magazine back in '89.
I made this list prior to The Batman coming out -- I think. May have to re-do this with some thought.

Back