Best Film In a Horror Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’re killing me, Crowseph. :lol

I saw an advance test screening of The Crow 2 and on the way out the people who hosted it were apologizing to the friends they’d invited.

Advanced screening at a friends house?
Wat?

Advanced screening at a friends house?
Wat?

No, a movie theater but there were a lot of folks in suits hovering at the exits, flipping through the comment cards.

I remember watching it on cable to see if they changed anything but from memory it was identical.

I think I liked the soundtrack, though.

Harvey Weinstein destroyed that movie with script changes and a lot of editing. He really ruined the ending

The movie the writer had in mind was a lot better in the plot and ending he had.
The acting was the same and most of the movie looked the same but the ending was very different. The entire last act changed.
Plus they cut a lot of violence and bloody scenes.

I still love it. It is one of my favorite sequels

Hasn't the director even disowned The Crow 2? I recall hearing he disliked so many of the changes made to the movie. The original edit is quite long.

It's very possible the original cut of the movie is a lot better than the butchered theatrical version. It'd be good for it to get a release, someday.

The Fly is another I remembered (there's the 1958 original and it's two sequels, plus the remake and it's sequel, so it counts). I'm sure this is unpopular but The Fly II is actually my favorite. Great monster design and old-school creature and gore effects in that one.

The fly 2 had an amazing fly design.

I never forgot how sad the dog scene was.

MartinFly is one of my favorite movie monsters. Always thought it would've been awesome to have gotten an action figure of him from a company like NECA.

Wrong Turn is another. I've only seen the original and liked it from my memory. Not seen it's numerous sequels.

Friday The 13th - Part 3
Halloween -'78
A Nightmare On Elm Street - original
Saw - 1
Scream - 2
Evil Dead - Army of Darkness
Phantasm - they all suck
Alien - Aliens
Predator - first
Hellraiser - 2
Child's Play - first
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - original
Final Destination - 2
Insidious - first
The Conjuring - tie between first and Annabelle Creation
The Purge - 2
Paranormal Activity - none of them did anything for me

I completely forgot The Exorcist series. I've seen the original and The Beginning. The original is great (only saw it for the first time a few years back, believe it or not), The Beginning wasn't bad from my memory. Not seen the others, but the second had a reputation for being one of the worst movies ever.

I completely forgot The Exorcist series. I've seen the original and The Beginning. The original is great (only saw it for the first time a few years back, believe it or not), The Beginning wasn't bad from my memory. Not seen the others, but the second had a reputation for being one of the worst movies ever.

The 2nd Exorcist was stupid.
The 3rd was good.

Yeah, the consensus is that Exorcist 1 and 3 are both good and the others are skippable. Opinions vary on both versions of the prequel. I saw The Beginning and it wasn't bad from what I remember, although nothing spectacular. Not seen the recent TV show, either.

Would Jurassic Park count as Horror? In a way I think they kinda do. More Sci-Fi/Adventure than Horror but I think there's enough of the latter they can count. In any event, the original is easily the best by miles. The upcoming Fallen Kingdom definitely looks more Horror-oriented than the previous movies.

The recent release of Victor Crowley (the fourth Hatchet film) reminded me of the Hatchets. I've seen the first two, thought the first was meh but the second was much better. Not seen the latter two.

Would Jurassic Park count as Horror? In a way I think they kinda do. More Sci-Fi/Adventure than Horror but I think there's enough of the latter they can count. In any event, the original is easily the best by miles. The upcoming Fallen Kingdom definitely looks more Horror-oriented than the previous movies.

If you count JP as horror then the original is definitely the best, none of the sequels so much as touch it.

Back