Best Film In a Horror Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pumpkinhead - original

Totally forgot Pumpkinhead. I've seen the first two, not the third and fourth. The original is among my favorite Horror films and the titular monster is one of my absolute favorite film monsters. Pumpkinhead II although not as good is actually pretty good, and a lot better than some of the negative reviews make it out to be, IMO. From what I've read on the third and fourth films it seems I'm not missing out.

Totally forgot Pumpkinhead. I've seen the first two, not the third and fourth. The original is among my favorite Horror films and the titular monster is one of my absolute favorite film monsters. Pumpkinhead II although not as good is actually pretty good, and a lot better than some of the negative reviews make it out to be, IMO. From what I've read on the third and fourth films it seems I'm not missing out.

Part III is actually a direct sequel to the original and has better/more original ideas behind it than part II, but the ability to appreciate the good parts of it are hindered by the fact that it's made with the quality of your typical Syfy movie. I'm personally able to stomach it, but it won't be everyone's cup of tea.

Part IV you're probably better off skipping.

Part III is actually a direct sequel to the original and has better/more original ideas behind it than part II, but the ability to appreciate the good parts of it are hindered by the fact that it's made with the quality of your typical Syfy movie. I'm personally able to stomach it, but it won't be everyone's cup of tea.

Part IV you're probably better off skipping.

Another series I totally forgot is Critters. It's been years since I last watched them, can't remember if 1 or 2 was my favorite. They were fun movies from my memory, they're overdue for a rewatch for sure.

My favorite critters movie is the one with the girl alien :lol

Ue6ZTNU.png

That was a good one, too. I haven't seen the ones past Retro. Curse and Retro were both pretty terrible, but I enjoyed all of the first five in their own way.

I also completely forgot the classic Universal Monster movies. It's been so many years since I last watched any and can't remember which was my favorite. I don't think I've seen any since I was a kid.

Crows' username actually reminded me of The Crow. I've only seen the first which is great and a favorite of mine. Not seen the sequels but from what I've read I'm not missing out. Some might debate if it's really Horror, but I think it definitely counts.

The crow 2 is my favorite of the movies.
I know it gets hate but visually it is my favorite movie of all of them.

I love all the bad guys, i like the bad guys in the second one more than the first one. I love the look of the city, i love the music, the movie had an unreleased korn song :lol i remember freaking out about it.
I love the relationship between the crow and the girl from the first one.

I do plan to see it someday along with the rest, just to give them a fair shake. No matter how bad some installments in some series may be, I always make it a point to see every movie in a series.

Here's mine:
  • Friday The 13th - Part 4 The Final Chapter
  • Halloween - Part 3 Season of the Witch
  • A Nightmare On Elm Street -Part 3 Dream Warriors
  • The Exorcist - The Original
  • Jaws - There's only one contender, the Original.
  • Romero's Living Dead Films - Dawn of the Dead remake or if it doesn't count, the original Dawn of the Dead.
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Part 2
  • Evil Dead - Evil Dead II
  • Phantasm - Phantasm II
  • Alien - Aliens - The best film ever made.
  • Hellraiser - Hellraiser II, but I see the the first two as a single movie myself.
  • Return Of The Living Dead - Part 3
  • Poltergeist - The Original
  • Hannibal Lecter - Silence of the Lambs I love both Silence Of The Lambs and Manhunter which really isn't in the series.
  • Predator - The Original
  • Child's Play - The Original
  • Saw - The Original, I don't really care for this series.
  • Scream - I guess the first one, I don't really care for the series either.
  • Final Destination - I guess the first one, I don't really care for the series at all.
  • Insidious - Never seen a single one, or the Annabelle films, I hope that will change in the future.
  • The Conjuring - I've only seen the first movie.
  • The Purge - 2: Anarchy, though I haven't seen Election Year.
  • Paranormal Activity - They're all pretty terrible, I don't like any of them.
  • Species - The Original
  • The Howling - The Original
  • Tremors - Original
  • Leprechaun - The Original
  • Blade - Blade II
  • Wishmaster - Original but I'm not much of a fan of the series.
  • Warlock - The Original
  • Amityville - Don't like the series.
  • Pumpkinhead - The Original
  • The Blair Witch Project - None. A couple of the most boring horror movies ever made, never saw the third film though.
  • Resident Evil - Part 3 Afterlife

Also since these can qualify as having at least three movies in a related series, though I prefer some remakes that had no sequels:
  • Universal Dracula - Dracula (1979)
  • Universal Frankenstein - The Bride of Frankenstein
  • Universal The Invisible Man - The Original
  • Universal The Wolf Man - Werewolf of London
  • Universal The Mummy - The Mummy (1999)
  • Creature From The Black Lagoon - The Original - Though I've never seen The creature Walks Among us.
  • Hammer films Dracula - Scars Of Dracula - I haven't seen them all though.
I haven't seen any from Hammer's Frankenstein or Mummy series, I hope to see them someday.

The crow 2 is my favorite of the movies.
I know it gets hate but visually it is my favorite movie of all of them.

I love all the bad guys, i like the bad guys in the second one more than the first one. I love the look of the city, i love the music, the movie had an unreleased korn song :lol i remember freaking out about it.
I love the relationship between the crow and the girl from the first one.

You’re killing me, Crowseph. :lol

I saw an advance test screening of The Crow 2 and on the way out the people who hosted it were apologizing to the friends they’d invited.

Back