Bespin Luke collar correct??????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lukesaber.jpg

I'm confused.

lukesaber.jpg

I'm confused.

Me too, T.

Ah, the web we weave...

Looks like one step forward 2 steps back with this update. :lol I never understood the first .. ugh, ahem, "explanation". Can we just see the corrected collar and pockets and confirm it will be with the fig, that's enough for me... not diggin the collar poppin' mumbo jumbo...

Last edited:
Me too, T.

Ah, the web we weave...

Looks like one step forward 2 steps back with this update. :lol I never understood the first .. ugh, ahem, "explanation". Can we just see the corrected collar and pockets and confirm it will be with the fig, that's enough for me... not diggin the collar poppin' mumbo jumbo...

Agreed. I lost track of this thread for awhile. Didn't even realize SS posted something in their production blog. It does look better. Not sure if it's just turned up or actually altered. I'm on the fence right now but I am skeptical especially with the "popped" comment. I do wish they would also address the pocket size.

Even turned up, the collar is still wrong.

Is it a deal-breaker? For me, no, but to say that just turning it up makes it a correct rendition of the film version is simply silly*.

*copyright Josh, all rights reserved.:cool:

Yep, they definately just turned the collar up. Looks slightly worse IMO. Its certainly not correct, the collar comes up way too high for a start and I dont think any more needs to be said about the pockets.
ActionMasters.jpg

Kotobukiya managed to get it right so why cant SS.
besplukvst.jpg

I'm all for allowing small details to pass, but these are quite large details and need to be corrected.

ActionMasters.jpg

Per this picture the pockets don't look too big, but they do look a little high.

I think the collar is too big.

It looks fine to me. If you are going to be nit picky Kotobukiya made the pockets too small on the chest. The only thing I think would make it look beter is a slightly longer neck.

Has anyone here actually tried to make a collar for a 1/6 figure? The space is not even a half inch wide, and to get an acurate collar made with stiff material is not easy. Sideshow did it with Han's Jackert because it can flair a little, but in Luke's case it's not so easy to make. And kotobiya, or whatever the heck they're called sculpted the figure from scratch, Sideshow are using the same bodies that they always have so they have some limitations. The jacket is not perfect, but it's the best representation we have for now.

At least Koto got the proportions right - something SSC can't get right with tailoring around that Art Buck body.

I think it has more to do with Koto being an entire piece of plastic. Sculpt it, mold it, pour it, paint it. It's not like trying to make clothes.

Back