Bespin Luke collar correct??????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, with regard to the discontent expressed after Sideshow did this, it's not all irrational. In a way, the kindly made comments early on about the collar regarding is match to the film have not been addressed at all by this recent update. People have stated that even flipped up they didn't feel the collar was quite right. I don't know what it takes to do 1/6 clothing, and therefore have no idea what challenges come with collars, but as far as being correct for the film, I can see the shortcomings with this piece, and after reading some of the detailed posts about the shortcomings, I can see where some people could look at the Sideshow update and feel like SSC thinks they're dummies and if they flip it up they'll be fooled. Sideshow is great at customer care, and it's good of them to photograph their current prototype with his attire set to resemble the film best it can, but their update sorta reads like they feel the problem that was raised here is solved that simply, and it isn't, so that's where the disgruntlement comes from. I think that it's ok as is, and with the shirt properly down on his shoulders (which I assume it's not because last I checked SSC necks weren't that low) the collar will look decent, not 100% film accurrate, but it will look alright. I just do think that while some of the negative comments after this could be worded more constructively, there is grounds for some of it as well.

Well, with regard to the discontent expressed after Sideshow did this, it's not all irrational. In a way, the kindly made comments early on about the collar regarding is match to the film have not been addressed at all by this recent update. People have stated that even flipped up they didn't feel the collar was quite right. I don't know what it takes to do 1/6 clothing, and therefore have no idea what challenges come with collars, but as far as being correct for the film, I can see the shortcomings with this piece, and after reading some of the detailed posts about the shortcomings, I can see where some people could look at the Sideshow update and feel like SSC thinks they're dummies and if they flip it up they'll be fooled. Sideshow is great at customer care, and it's good of them to photograph their current prototype with his attire set to resemble the film best it can, but their update sorta reads like they feel the problem that was raised here is solved that simply, and it isn't, so that's where the disgruntlement comes from. I think that it's ok as is, and with the shirt properly down on his shoulders (which I assume it's not because last I checked SSC necks weren't that low) the collar will look decent, not 100% film accurrate, but it will look alright. I just do think that while some of the negative comments after this could be worded more constructively, there is grounds for some of it as well.

Very well stated Maulfan. :clap:clap

I think this is the first time I've ever seen constitutional rights brought into the which company is superior debate! Before too long we'll all need advanced law degrees to post comments.

Crap, I hope I don't get sued over this...

Nice post. When we heard that there was a "fixed" collar and we still saw pictures of the wrong collar, I was vocal about SSC not mentioning the fact they had a better collar.

I would applaud SSC for now recognizing that we saw the error and posting pics of the right item.

However, if all they are doing is flipping up the collar of the previously wrong product and saying "all better" then that is actually a step backwards.

We now take a break from current melodrama for a little from the light-hearted side:

LOL ... I do like SSC Bespin Luke. I also am confident that either SSC or Lucas' Approval people will have the collar fixed. The face sculpt is also decent. However, I must say I prefer my DarkArtist custom Luke face sculpt better:

147149020O125656307.jpg

147149000O653600445.jpg

Once I add the outfit/ weapons from a Regular Bespin Luke, this will be the definitive version for me.

Back