Bespin Luke collar correct??????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well maybe I should compare the AC cobra then to your Lamborghini(beats your car easily).No way does Sideshows Maul beat Medicoms! How is it better? The Runt,as you called it,doesnt have the monkey long arms Art Buck Body with bulky clothes.Maybe you need glasses.Price set aside.Are we all in denial or something?

Ahh, the great Medicom Vs Star Wars debate begins anew... wonder who will win the definitive victory :horse

Well maybe I should compare the AC cobra then to your Lamborghini(beats your car easily).No way does Sideshows Maul beat Medicoms! How is it better? The Runt,as you called it,doesnt have the monkey long arms Art Buck Body with bulky clothes.Maybe you need glasses.Price set aside.Are we all in denial or something?

Sorry, my name isn't Josh Long but I know a winner when I see one. Sideshow Maul is easily one of the best Star Wars figures they've made and everyone here knows how critical I am of Sideshow.

I agree the Sideshow Maul looks great.one of their best....but then Medicom stepped up to the plate and hit a home run.I defend Sideshow when appropiate.Its like saying Hasbro's darth maul is better than Sideshows Maul :lol

Medicom looks good in robes for a display piece but you can't beat the dynamic poseability of Sideshow's, not to mention scale. Check out all of the terrific battle poses by Maulfan.

I agree the Sideshow Maul looks great.one of their best....but then Medicom stepped up to the plate and hit a home run.I defend Sideshow when appropiate.Its like saying Hasbro's darth maul is better than Sideshows Maul :lol

So let me understand. You bring up the Bill of Rights to make your point, but then call people blind because they don't agree with you? You say we are losing our freedoms, but you seem to want to take away people's freedom to think SS's Maul is better.

Wow, great way to rally support.

Either way,I will own both versions.I enjoy all 12" companies but I find Medicom making better Starwars figures than Sideshow.
Look at Medicoms Darth Maul! Medicom wins hands down!!

To be fair, I can't "look" at the Medicom Maul because the real product isn't out yet.

The proto looks great in some photos and in others it looks weird, the large hands for instance.

So let me understand. You bring up the Bill of Rights to make your point, but then call people blind because they don't agree with you? You say we are losing our freedoms, but you seem to want to take away people's freedom to think SS's Maul is better.

Wow, great way to rally support.

lol not at all...I just dont see how...IN MY OPINION...you cant see whats better made.I dont take anyones freedoms away to like what they like.I am expessing my 1st Ammendment to choose what I enjoy and say what I think of other things(bad or good).I own a Sideshow Maul and I like the figure,but then Medicom shows theirs and its clear to me which I like better.Oh well, enjoy what you like in Sideshow,as I am done with the debate.

Actually, there is some denial ... and it's coming from you. You have nothing more than a few darkly lit pictures to base an opinion off of. Yet, you are saying the figure is better than Sideshow's, in fact, comparing as comparing a Hasbro to a Sideshow. It's silly and so "Fanboyish" that it pretty much invalidates your opinion. Everyone thinks Josh is a Sideshow apologist. However, even he waits til he has good pics or other data before championing a Sideshow piece. The only people who can say they prefer the Sideshow no matter what, are those who refuse to spend 150 dollars on the figure. Because the price has been set, and they already own the Sideshow. I am happily in this camp too. Sideshow's figure is well done (sorry, from the pics I have seen, Sideshow's facial sculpt is superior - a better likeness of Ray Parks in the makeup - it could be because of the lightning, but I have to go with what I have been provided) and the articulation is great for the poses with Qui-Gon I am using the figure for. So, I will stick with my 50 dollar Sideshow "Hasbro" figure :rolleyes:

This thread isn't about Medi vs. SSC - there are 1432 other threads for that.

It's rare that SSC will quickly post new pics to address an issue that has been raised on this board. But when they do, there is nothing but even more criticism. Seems they're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I'll be very surprised if they respond to anything like this again.

EDIT: And just to clarify - I'm not saying "don't criticize." But at least be aware that they are being responsive and it's only serving to generate more complaints. It would make more sense for them to just wait and show the final/final product and use the old "take or leave it" mantra.

Last edited:
You know.... I love reruns. I Love Lucy, MASH, Leave It To Beaver, and all that stuff.

This debate is not a rerun I love. :(

Bespin Luke Rocks the house yo.
:lecture

lol not at all...I just dont see how...IN MY OPINION...you cant see whats better made..

I own a Sideshow Maul and I like the figure,but then Medicom shows theirs and its clear to me which I like better.

Do you see how these 2 statements contradict one another? You are telling us how we should feel concerning the design of the Medicom figure. However, you get angry when people disagree with you. You may not be taking anyone's 1st Amendment rights away. However, you certainly aren't respecting their right to have them in the first place.

Oh well, enjoy what you like in Sideshow,as I am done with the debate.

Um ... "I'm right, you're wrong, now I'm taking my ball and going home" doesn't really qualify as a debate :monkey3

Actually, there is some denial ... and it's coming from you. You have nothing more than a few darkly lit pictures to base an opinion off of. Yet, you are saying the figure is better than Sideshow's, in fact, comparing as comparing a Hasbro to a Sideshow. It's silly and so "Fanboyish" that it pretty much invalidates your opinion. Everyone thinks Josh is a Sideshow apologist. However, even he waits til he has good pics or other data before championing a Sideshow piece. The only people who can say they prefer the Sideshow no matter what, are those who refuse to spend 150 dollars on the figure. Because the price has been set, and they already own the Sideshow. I am happily in this camp too. Sideshow's figure is well done (sorry, from the pics I have seen, Sideshow's facial sculpt is superior - a better likeness of Ray Parks in the makeup - it could be because of the lightning, but I have to go with what I have been provided) and the articulation is great for the poses with Qui-Gon I am using the figure for. So, I will stick with my 50 dollar Sideshow "Hasbro" figure :rolleyes:

OK you all WIN! Sideshows Maul is better! Sideshow makes the best 12" figures out there hands down! No 12" company can touch what Sideshow makes.I am in denial like you say.Sideshows Art Buck Body blows the 301 RAH Body Away.Its all about Sideshow as they are the superior company because they get it right the first time and dont need any critism from their fans.The luke collar was perfect on the 1st try and Medicom's expensive figures couldnt do it any justice.Is this is what you wanted to hear Everyone? Sideshow is unbeatable ,without flaws and Their Maul is absolute perfection!
You Win! :lol

OK you all WIN! Sideshows Maul is better! Sideshow makes the best 12" figures out there hands down! No 12" company can touch what Sideshow makes.I am in denial like you say.Sideshows Art Buck Body blows the 301 RAH Body Away.Its all about Sideshow as they are the superior company because they get it right the first time and dont need any critism from their fans.The luke collar was perfect on the 1st try and Medicom's expensive figures couldnt do it any justice.Is this is what you wanted to hear Everyone? Sideshow is unbeatable ,without flaws and Their Maul is absolute perfection!
You Win! :lol

:rock :rock :rock

oh wait... He was being sarcastic...

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Do you see how these 2 statements contradict one another? You are telling us how we should feel concerning the design of the Medicom figure. However, you get angry when people disagree with you. You may not be taking anyone's 1st Amendment rights away. However, you certainly aren't respecting their right to have them in the first place.

Dude,I am not angry at all...these are freaking toys! who cares! I am just stateing my opinion of what I think is better and you think its not OK THEN!
Quoted from ASH

marty_wtf.jpg

Back