Beetlejuice 2?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burton's last good movie as a director was Ed Wood in 94. Since then its all been regurgitation starring Depp and Carter.

New Director, but keep Keaton.

Burton's last good movie as a director was Ed Wood in 94. Since then its all been regurgitation starring Depp and Carter.

New Director, but keep Keaton.

Ehhhhh... Beetlejuice was VERY Burton. I don't think anyone else could quite pull it off.

Keep Depp out though!!!

I disagree. I love Mars Attacks and Sleepy Hallow.

I also enjoyed Big Fish, which was after Apes. But after that....yeah, all ____. Except Sweeny Todd.

Problem is Burton isn't Burton anymore and the days of practical effects and claymation seem to be behind us. Del Toro or someone like that could do this.

I disagree. I love Mars Attacks and Sleepy Hallow.

I also enjoyed Big Fish, which was after Apes. But after that....yeah, all ____. Except Sweeny Todd.

I just watched Hollow, one of the worst movies I've ever seen. And I also love Mars Attacks but it isn't a good movie. But then again comparing anything he's done to Ed Wood is madness. It's his masterpiece.

It is. Still going to forever disagree with you about Sleepy Hallow. I love that movie's look so much. I never went deeply into the story, or acting. But man, it is beautiful.

Ed Wood is brilliant though. I need to watch it again. Everything about that film is superb.

Well, Burton directed Frankenweenie 2012 in stop motion and black and white to boot.
I consider Sweeney Todd is a career landmark so I'm down for whatever else he's got coming.

I loved the atmosphere but Hollow has no heart and does everything wrong to set up the Horseman as a threat or mystery. Its like if Scott had stopped Alien 15 minutes in and came on screen smoking a pipe to show us the Alien in full lighted detail, assure us it is just a man in a costume, and nothing to be afraid of. I'll give Burton

Pee-wee's Big Adventure
Beetle Juice
Batman
Edward Scissorhands
and Ed Wood

Great stories with alot of heart and fun adventure with a very distinct visual style.

Anything past that is detrimental to cinema.

I believe this would suck... Beetlejuice is the kind of film that does not need a sequel and going back to that well would likely fail since they style of it is so rooted in the time it was made. Either it would look odd updated, or would seem inauthentic if they tried to match the original film's style.

Big Fish was decent, but I agree that Burton's career peaked with Ed Wood. I don't care for Sleepy Hollow, but Sweeney Todd was good. Not great, but good. I think Burton consistently makes watchable, quality movies, but he's not making truly great, innovative movies like he did in the first decade or so of his career IMO.

Big Fish was decent, but I agree that Burton's career peaked with Ed Wood. I don't care for Sleepy Hollow, but Sweeney Todd was good. Not great, but good. I think Burton consistently makes watchable, quality movies, but he's not making truly great, innovative movies like he did in the first decade or so of his career IMO.

Exactly my sentiments. People will stll go see his movies because he's become a household name/package with Depp, but his talent or ability to put that talent on the screen has diminished greatly. He's all visual look and little substance now.

I loved the atmosphere but Hollow has no heart and does everything wrong to set up the Horseman as a threat or mystery. Its like if Scott had stopped Alien 15 minutes in and came on screen smoking a pipe to show us the Alien in full lighted detail, assure us it is just a man in a costume, and nothing to be afraid of. I'll give Burton

Pee-wee's Big Adventure
Beetle Juice
Batman
Edward Scissorhands
and Ed Wood

Great stories with alot of heart and fun adventure with a very distinct visual style.

Anything past that is detrimental to cinema.

That is definitely his best films... I do also really enjoy Big Fish; but its pretty different from his other works. And I enjoy Mars Attacks but its a pretty specific genre flick so I can understand others not liking it.

Sleepy Hollow is pretty boring, but its still one I can watch. But Planet of the Apes, Alice in Wonderland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are abortions.

Back