Beetlejuice 2?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly my sentiments. People will stll go see his movies because he's become a household name/package with Depp, but his talent or ability to put that talent on the screen has diminished greatly. He's all visual look and little substance now.

I think a lot of that is that is visual style has been done to death by him and a lot of others. It was great seeing his work when it was fresh, but now its just tired or if he does a remake the films are just a complete and utter mess.

Get Keaton back, and it's a no-brainer for me. Recast the role and I'm not intererested in the least.

I'd even give Burton another chance.

I know I'm pretty much alone on this one, but I've always liked Batman Returns.
Since we're on the subject, my favorite Burton film has always been Beetlejuice, followed closely by Batman and Ed Wood. I have always enjoyed Keaton much more than Depp, who I find grossly overused and overrated. :dunno

I like Batman Returns, just not as much as '89.

My favorite is still Edward Scissorhands; I just love the story and way that film feels.

I was surprised by the lack of effort put into Alice in Wonderland from the acting/storytelling standpoints. That one really was a showcase for special effects and not much else IMO. That dance by Depp towards the end was embarrassing.

I would only watch it if Heath Ledger agreed to be in it. :lecture

vCl7Z.jpg

I was surprised by the lack of effort put into Alice in Wonderland from the acting/storytelling standpoints. That one really was a showcase for special effects and not much else IMO. That dance by Depp towards the end was embarrassing.

Have to agree... that movie was just boring and then the ending was almost like a slap in the face for having endured it up to that point :lol

Big Fish was decent, but I agree that Burton's career peaked with Ed Wood. I don't care for Sleepy Hollow, but Sweeney Todd was good. Not great, but good. I think Burton consistently makes watchable, quality movies, but he's not making truly great, innovative movies like he did in the first decade or so of his career IMO.

For me, Big Fish is my favorite Burton movie by FAR. I never really liked his style too much, especially when he was being very Burton-y for the sake of being Burton-y. But Big Fish's style felt like Diet Burton, which I actually thought worked better.

It is. Still going to forever disagree with you about Sleepy Hallow. I love that movie's look so much. I never went deeply into the story, or acting. But man, it is beautiful.

Ed Wood is brilliant though. I need to watch it again. Everything about that film is superb.

I liked SH as well. It really captured the atmosphere how I imagined it.

I believe this would suck... Beetlejuice is the kind of film that does not need a sequel and going back to that well would likely fail since they style of it is so rooted in the time it was made. Either it would look odd updated, or would seem inauthentic if they tried to match the original film's style.

if a sequal were to be made, it should have been done a long ass time ago. It's too late, and a new one could never bring what the original did.

I love most Burton movies... except for POTA....
My favorite Burton movie is Edward Scissorhands... hands down...
I like Mars Attacks! a lot! Same with Sleepy Hollow....

Big Fish is an amazing touching movie... one of his best IMO...

Despite popular opinion, I thought Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was greatly entertaining!

Corpse Bride was really good, but not as good as NBXmas...
Sweeney Todd, not exactly my thing, but a great movie overall...

Alice was just OK...

I am really looking forward to Dark Shadows, Frankenweenie and Monsteropocalypse!
I forsee the resurgence of Burton's genius!!
:rock!

i do not have time to respond to this thread as i am on my way for a GQ shoot---late

It is. Still going to forever disagree with you about Sleepy Hallow. I love that movie's look so much. I never went deeply into the story, or acting. But man, it is beautiful.

Ed Wood is brilliant though. I need to watch it again. Everything about that film is superb.

l liked Sleepy Hollow as well. Great creepy atmosphere, creepy music, overall a good Bruton Depp flick. Never seen Ed Wood though. Depp is in that also right?

Problem is Burton isn't Burton anymore and the days of practical effects and claymation seem to be behind us. Del Toro or someone like that could do this.

I have to admit, Del Toro was the one name that came to mind as I was reading your post.

Ed Wood is a masterpiece.

I'm gonna have to watch this again - I remember liking it, but that was long ago and I must have forgotten how good it was!

I know I'm pretty much alone on this one, but I've always liked Batman Returns.
Since we're on the subject, my favorite Burton film has always been Beetlejuice, followed closely by Batman and Ed Wood. I have always enjoyed Keaton much more than Depp, who I find grossly overused and overrated. :dunno

I like Returns as well. To be quite honest, even though I find the first one to be a better film, I think I enjoy watching Returns more...

Have to agree... that movie was just boring and then the ending was almost like a slap in the face for having endured it up to that point :lol

God, I felt cheated. Literally cheated out of $20+ to see that piece of crap.

I remember in the '90s, I wanted Tim Burton to make a live action Alice in Wonderland. I thought it'd look so cool. What could have been had he actually done it in the '90s before he became the director he is today. I don't like "Big Fish" much, but I will give it credit being a great movie for departing from his usual style.

Pee Wee, Beetlejuice, B89, BR, Sleepy Hollow, and Mars Attacks are the only ones of his I own. Of those? I'd say I only really LOVE Pee Wee and Sleepy Hollow. But I do enjoy the others enough to own them and watch them on occasion.

Back