Battlestar Galactica prop auction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread on this - going on today and tomorrow is a massive live auction of BSG costumes, props and set pieces.

https://battlestarprops.com

I was just down there and they have some great items including 3 life size vehicles. The Cylon raider wasn't there, but the raptor and a Viper were on display and were very cool. None of the vehicles met the reserves though and didn't sell. Tons of costumes - I saw Starbuck's and Apollo's costumes sell for a ton. Even background black BDUs went for $500.

They have all the bridge consoles from the Galactica for sale too - incredibly cool pieces. I'm going back to tomorrow to see if I can get some of the guns, but they only have rubber stunt guns, I guess cast and crew took all the good ones.

great link Dave!! life size vehicles would have been amazing to see... i mean OWN! My wife loves guns so she's jealous of your trip! Good luck tomorrow on finding some good ones.

I would love an original Cylon Costume. I have two Original Cylons that are identical to the new Amoktime Figures. I think they should have totally updated the Cylons before re-releasing them. A scanning Red LED would be cool and maybe justify the price hike. I also added some meshed silver diffusion material for heir capes, like the ones Amoktime added, but better. I bought them when they were $24.99. I wish I got the Tower Records Gold Ex. back then but The silver ones were seen more so I was happy with just them.

Tomorrow they're auctioning a whole vintage Cylon costume used in the Razor flashbacks. They had the helmet on display which had the running red LEDs. But it looked kind of like a toy. It had holes in the top, for sound I guess as the catalog says it also plays a variety of phrases from the show.

I was surprised to see that the Raptor was the same size as the Viper, but it had a far more detailed interior with lots of working lights. If I had a warehouse somewhere and an extra $40K lying around I would have jumped on it.

My camera was being tempermental yesterday, but I got a few today. The guns went for way over the estimates and what I was willing to pay. Have to seek out some replicas now I guess.

bsg1.jpg

bsg2.jpg

bsg3.jpg

bsg4.jpg

bsg5.jpg

bsg6.jpg

bsg7.jpg

I JUST WON AN AUCTION!!! Won the knife display set that was in the Pilot rec room. 5 very cool, alien looking knives that the announcer thought belonged to the different colonies. Super cool....wish I had a pic I could save.

I JUST WON AN AUCTION!!! Won the knife display set that was in the Pilot rec room. 5 very cool, alien looking knives that the announcer thought belonged to the different colonies. Super cool....wish I had a pic I could save.

That's a very cool display.

bsg642.jpg

im sure some of them prices are gonna go lil high,,
how do you explain to your landlord about the big raptor parked in your front garden lol

Kongrats, Jen! Those are very cool looking.

It kinda makes me depressed, you know, that all this stuff is going out to the four corners of the world, never to be seen again...

There's only a few things I'd actually want to buy though. I recognize lots of the stuff, but some of it is just too insignificant to be worth buying the prop.

It kinda makes me depressed, you know, that all this stuff is going out to the four corners of the world, never to be seen again...

There's only a few things I'd actually want to buy though. I recognize lots of the stuff, but some of it is just too insignificant to be worth buying the prop.

Yeah some of the stuff was a little strange, imo. Like the oxygen wall tanks....they were just silver...no BSG logo...nothing....they went for $400.....I ended up bidding on the auction I got because even if you don't recognize it from BSG it's an eye catcher and good conversation piece. :lol It had a lot more artistic value to me than a lot of the other thngs they were selling.

I would love the Book of Pythia.....but no more bidding for me. I have a feeling a lot of these items are really going to go up. Similar items that were sold during the live auction went for at least double.....and this is a lot of people's last chance to get something. It's going to be madness in the final minutes.

Edit: On Jan. 20, another 200 items will be offered on eBay. Additionally, beginning Jan. 23, each remaining Battlestar Galactica show will include a weekly eBay auction featuring props from that episode.

More auctions to come!!

Last edited:
One of the coolest snags this board has ever seen, IMO, Jen. Kurgratualations. :rock

Thanks Marc. :D It's costing me a pretty penny with the additional 20% Buyer's Premium, taxes and handling/shipping added on. :monkey2

But I'm still glad I got it. :D :rock

Thanks for the heads up, looks like I'll have to check out those eBay auctions. Nice pics Dave!

Back