Battlestar Galactica Episode Thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happened to the Six that was in the brig. They said that she was pregnant with Tai's child but she really hasn't had a presence since they made that statement.

....next season. Going to be weird for a
Spoiler Spoiler:

battlestar-galactica-toaster.jpg

https://gizmodo.com/5024005/battlestar-galactica-toaster-brands-your-bread-with-a-cylon

The BSG panel at SDCC was moderated by Kevin Smith. Therefore it was probably the most "adult" panel at the con. All the speakers had commented about the notices to keep in mind that there may be audience members under 18, but that didn't stop Smith.

Six, Kara, Lee, Helo, Baltar plus Ron Moore and David Eick were there. It was a very entertaining panel. Nothing really big revealed, although Six said something about lots of gun play in the finale.

They also played the trailer for Caprica at the end. It looked like a dark lawyer drama, but the dialogue made it seem like it could be very interesting.

IGN covered the SDCC BSG panel:

SDCC 08: Battlestar's End Begins
Cast, crew call series finale a "perfect" one.
by Phil Pirrello

July 27, 2008 - "Frakkin' A!" Those two words best describe the sold-out crowd's reaction to the footage writer-producer Ronald D. Moore screened at the BSG Comic-Con panel. The trailer contained scenes from the series' final episodes.

Kevin Smith, who seemed to be the only thing more consistent at SDCC than the not-so-ELITE security guards, moderated the panel. Joining him in Ballroom 20 were cast members such as Tricia Helfer, James Callis, Katee Sackhoff, Michael Trucco and surprise guests Jamie Bamber and Tahmoh Penikett. Moore and writer/co-producer David Eick also sat in.

The panelists took their seats, Smith professed his love for the series and then the trailer played. Here's what we saw:

Over black, the following text: "After Four Seasons...The Epic Journey...Comes To An End."

A montage of clips and scenes from past episodes, intercut with the haunting images from the most recent quasi-finale, which revealed (Spoiler Alert!) Earth to be an ashen wasteland following what appears to be a nuclear attack. New footage from the remaining final ten episodes begins here, showing Chief Tyrol huddled against a black piece of debris, looking to someone off-screen and saying, "We never should have came here."

A few more flashety-flash cuts, and then we are aboard Galactica, her bulkheads scarred with battle damage. Cut to a room where President Roslin (with red-hair) shares a serious conversation with Admiral Adama.

Roslin asks, point-blank, if Adama is a Cylon. "If I am a Cylon," Adama says, "then you're all screwed." The line was met with both laughter and applause, which overlapped into a shot of Adama and a black-haired Roslin sharing a very passionate kiss.

Quick cuts ratcheting up to the climax revealed D'Anna having a conversation with the Hybrid, Apollo slammed against a wall, Six firing a gun, a lot of gunfire, actually - all leading up to the last shot, a push-in on Adama, wearing a white blindfold, with a white square of fabric over his heart and his hands tied behind his back. He's in the airlock, and his posture echoes that of a man before a firing squad, as the camera rushes in and we cut to black as the BSG title appears.

DRADIS contact was made with the following final season tidbits:

* Moore on the state of affairs after the crew discovered a dead planet: There is an "amount of recrimination, where to go next as they explore Earth. There is a tremendous amount of upheaval. Things aren't pretty on Battlestar. Things really get rough."
* Callis revealed that his character, Gaius Baltar, "gains peace with himself", while finding quite the surprising resolution between himself and the cult of women that worship him.
* Helfer told the crowd that, in the finale, she "gets to shoot some guns," and that Six's last scene with Gaius involved a lot of "guns, running." Whether they are shooting at each other or firing at someone else remains to be seen, but Helfer best described the filming the ending of BSG "like being in Apocalypse Now.
* The final Cylon is "someone we've seen" before, according to Moore. "It won't be a guest star." And in a related note, of all the panelists present, Starbuck herself gave a semi-cryptic response when Smith asked her if she was the one. "I cannot confirm nor deny if I am alive or dead, the final Cylon or not [in the series finale], only that Kara finds peace at the end."

All of the panelists agreed that, when they read the script for the finale, that it was the only way for the show to end.

"The ending is a perfect way to finish the show. Does everyone and everything justice," Tahmoh "Helo" Penikett said. "There is a lot of closure, and still some questions left."

SDCC BSG coverage at IGN

I cannot wait for next year!

"If I am a Cylon," Adama says, "then you're all screwed." Adama is BADASS!

It really was a great panel.
James Callis was the most fascinating actor on the panel to me.
I found it funny that he put up fights with the producers at times about Baltar sleeping around as much as he does.
Now I can't wait to see the cast again at Dragon*Con.

Loved the Big Frakkin Bags SciFi gave out as well.

Holy Fracking hell!!! I just finished season 3 and what a last episode. The whole week I'd been complaining because we hadn't found out any more of the 12 and boy did they through me for a loop.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Does anyone know where I might be able to download the first have of season 4 so I can get caught up? Or if they are going to re-air them before they start up again? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi. The Sci-Fi Channel is re-airing all of the first half of season 4 episodes now. Check your local listings on when they come on. I saw that they were showing one of the episodes earlier today. Good luck!

I'm not reading this thread as I'm behind...

But, any word on when/if Sci Fi will have a catch-up marathon of the first half of this season? I was just finishing the 2nd season when it started and didn't think about DVRing the series :duh

Damnit...going too fast!

Only 2 DVD's left with 4 episodes and that story so far thing...:(

Oh and at what Season are you guys? Season 4? Is Season 5 been announced? I don't want this Series to be cancelled...:(...it usually happens to all the good shows and yet 2 and a half turd or whatever gets 6 seasons! :mad:

Season 4 is the last season. We have about 12 episodes left and that's it!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Is that the end because they find Earth or because these frakking studio execs can't tell gold from ^^^^ when it is slapping them in the face? :monkey2

So after this disc I only have 12 episodes and one movie left. :(

I hop that Caprica show is gonna be done.

Hell, Caprica might even show up before the last episodes of Season 4. Hopefully it will be good!!

They wanted to end it on a right note. Not to drag it out forever. It will end really well from the way it looks.

I'm not reading this thread as I'm behind...

But, any word on when/if Sci Fi will have a catch-up marathon of the first half of this season? I was just finishing the 2nd season when it started and didn't think about DVRing the series :duh

Hey, that's a good question...

Back